Name:	RER32.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	402346
      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
        Some more details about the HD port f Revelations:

1. Character models have been redone/updated with more details. For instance, the first aid kit that Chris carries in the mountains now shows scissors, medical equipment on its model instead of a bland box.

2. New creature type that was in the trailer will cause players to make decisions about what the best way to approach the situation is. Producer Takenaka hinted at the creature being a recurring encounter type enemy (Nemesis-like).

3. The team is working on ways to implement the Streetpass functionality.

Svensson over at Capcom-Unity also had a few things to say about Resident Evil: Revelations HD’s Raid Mode. This will be “extremely expanded”.

“The other thing you should look forward to is trying out the extremely expanded raid mode (details to come in the coming months) in RE:Revelations. I find it scratches a LOT of the same itches.”

They got me at upgraded visuals. I'm no graphics whore, but as I've said before, the only reason I could have to rebuy this is eye candy & the audio experience. Having extra stuff and a retail release makes this a day one buy for me.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I'm shocked it's getting a PC release. Thank god. It will be great to have the game at full HD and 60fps. It's too bad that the enemies and characters are kind of low-polygon though. Hopefully this is made up with really high resolution textures.

Comment

For what I know, it´s not confirmed that the game will run in full HD (1920 x 1080), so don´t expect an equally to RE5/RE6 graphics level because many of you will get very disappointed.

Don´t forget this is a game originally developed for a handheld console, wich means a very inferior native resolution. Sure Capcom is enhancing graphical quality, but they will not make miracles.

Anyway, an amazing game, I will pick up it again for PC

Did someone know if Inferno mode will be unlocked from start? I don´t like to play story mode on Normal again to unlock it.

Comment

RE mercenaries seems to be the next HD port heading to consoles, apparently more news about this is coming next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                For what I know, it´s not confirmed that the game will run in full HD (1920 x 1080), so don´t expect an equally to RE5/RE6 graphics level because many of you will get very disappointed.

Don´t forget this is a game originally developed for a handheld console, wich means a very inferior native resolution. Sure Capcom is enhancing graphical quality, but they will not make miracles.

Anyway, an amazing game, I will pick up it again for PC

Did someone know if Inferno mode will be unlocked from start? I don´t like to play story mode on Normal again to unlock it.
                RE5 and RE6 aren't 1080 native on the consoles either. So I doubt this version will be the exception.

Also, I don't think no one's expecting miracles, but the game already looks gorgeous the way it is. I'm sure most fans prefer an actual Biohazard game, while not perfect, but truer to the series than 5 and 6 combined.

Here's a comparative of the 3DS (right) and new version (left). Looks like they just didn't change the textures but also the models.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                  RE mercenaries seems to be the next HD port heading to consoles, apparently more news about this is coming next week.
                  I posted about that on this very page a few posts back.

Originally posted by Svenson
                  “The other thing you should look forward to is trying out the extremely expanded Raid Mode (details to come in the coming months) in RE: Revelations. I find it scratches a LOT of the same itches.”
                  I assumed that this was just him explaining that the new Raid Mode extendability is very similar to Mercenaries itself?

By the way, the graphical updates look gorgeous.

Comment

More comparison screens:

3DS

HD versions

3DS

HD versions
                    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                      RE5 and RE6 aren't 1080 native on the consoles either. So I doubt this version will be the exception.

Also, I don't think no one's expecting miracles, but the game already looks gorgeous the way it is. I'm sure most fans prefer an actual Biohazard game, while not perfect, but truer to the series than 5 and 6 combined.

Here's a comparative of the 3DS (right) and new version (left). Looks like they just didn't change the textures but also the models.

RE5 is HD (1280 x 720), wich is different from ¨Full HD¨ 1920 x 1080, don´t know RE6, I don´t have it.
                      Revelations looks amazing in a 3DS screen and in a pc screenshot too, but full HD? Maybe. Remember a port is a port, and we know Capcom´s ports history.
                      Anyway, I don´t care about graphics, I still prefer RE2 or RE3 with their polygonal graphics than RE4 or RE5, who looks graphically better but lacks of several things what I wait from a Resident Evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                        They got me at upgraded visuals. I'm no graphics whore, but as I've said before, the only reason I could have to rebuy this is eye candy & the audio experience. Having extra stuff and a retail release makes this a day one buy for me.
                        I feel very similar about this... I'm still in awe over how lovely this port looks. It's going to feel like a whole new experience.

Comment

Get your Chris & Jill diorama figure!

Register on the Resident Evil Revelations version of RE.NET during the campaign period to receive your special Chris & Jill diorama figure.

The figure will be available for use in RE.NET dioramas after the site opens, and in other pre-release content to be announced soon.
                          If you want some of that, you got until February 20 to do it.

BTW, amazon is now accepting pre-orders for Revelations.
                          sigpic

Comment

RE5 is HD (1280 x 720), wich is different from ¨Full HD¨ 1920 x 1080, don´t know RE6, I don´t have it.
                            Revelations looks amazing in a 3DS screen and in a pc screenshot too, but full HD? Maybe. Remember a port is a port, and we know Capcom´s ports history.
                            Anyway, I don´t care about graphics, I still prefer RE2 or RE3 with their polygonal graphics than RE4 or RE5, who looks graphically better but lacks of several things what I wait from a Resident Evil.
                            Eh, I know that? Also, Revelations has never been said to be Full HD, it will probably be 720p in the consoles just like 5 & 6. Don't really know what's your issue to be honest.

Comment

Go' a selection o' good things on sale, strangah!

Premium Set bundle to be sold in Japan

Capcom will sell a limited edition Premium Set of Biohazardu: Revelations Unveiled Editon. In Japan, obviously.

This premium set will be sold at their online store, e-Capcom, for about 42,000 yen for the Premium Set (there is another "Limited Set" without the watch, selling for 7,490 yen.

The Premium set includes:

1. Software: “Resident Evil: Revelations Unveiled Edition”

2. US AGENCY WATCH (BSAA ver.)

3. BSAA card special case

4. An OST CD that includes new arrangements

SOURCE: http://www.e-capcom.com/bhrev_ue/
                              sigpic

Comment

ゲームというエンターテインメントを通じて「遊文化」をクリエイトする株式会社カプコンのウェブサイト。ゲーム情報サイトをはじめ企業情報サイト、ネットショッピング、ファンサイトなど、さまざまなサービスについても紹介しています。

YES! this makes me very happy, I also noticed the enemies still have that slight human form to them which adds some nice changes to the original. This "Directors Cut" might just have enough to make 3DS owners more inclined to revisit the Queen Zenobia!
                                Last edited by shanemurphy; 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X