Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/bhrev_ue/img/outline_img3.png

YES! this makes me very happy, I also noticed the enemies still have that slight human form to them which adds some nice changes to the original. This "Directors Cut" might just have enough to make 3DS owners more inclined to revisit the Queen Zenobia!
    Indeed.

Don't quite like that map being on-screen like that (I guess you can disable it).

But I'm game! Bring it!

All aboard!

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
      Eh, I know that? Also, Revelations has never been said to be Full HD, it will probably be 720p in the consoles just like 5 & 6. Don't really know what's your issue to be honest.
      Nothing to worry about, people who trust Capcom super enhanced HD graphics ports promisses, go ahead, I won´t do it until I see the final product.
      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
        Nothing to worry about, people who trust Capcom super enhanced HD graphics ports promisses, go ahead, I won´t do it until I see the final product.
        What...? Games that are released on HD consoles AT LEAST support 720p, so I don't see the issue... With the PC release it's obviously going to support 1080p, and if it doesn't then it'll be hacked in. You can tell the resolution is different from the pictures posted already, and even the FOV in the Jill pic above that proves graphical enhancement on the Oozes. I don't see an issue with being HD at all, if they rendered it at 480p and upscaled it to 720p or 1080p, there would be notice already and immediate backlash.

Comment

"What...?" indeed. Gradon summed it up perfectly.

Comment

the fact these ports are gonna cost more than the god damn handled version....yeah, ill wait indefinitely if i have to.
            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

What with Capcoms sales running low, I'm not surprised at the price. I mean yeah, we are getting 1 new enemy, a new playable character for Raid mode,a s well as Hi-res graphics and stuff, but for the increased price I hope they have a little more added in the game than just what I mentioned.

Comment

Let Capcom's Mike Lunn help you with that:

Fantastic survival horror campaign, upgraded RAID mode, new costumes, completely redone HD visuals, new characters to play as, new skills, new customization parts, new enemies, more challenging difficulty modes, reduced/optimized loading, enemy/item positioning is now random to mix things up a bit, RE.net integration and unlockables, etc. This is definitely not a simple port as some may imagine
                PR, baby. Believe.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                  Let Capcom's Mike Lunn help you with that:

PR, baby. Believe.
                  If Capcom were smart, they could do some kind of "interchange" features between RE6 and Revelations via RE.net. For example, kill X number of enemies in Revelations, get an EX3 costume on RE6 and viceversa.
                  So they're planning to release this at $60 bucks? Not the greatest idea. Why not reduce the price and make profit by selling more units at a discounted price? Oh well.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

^ I thought it said $50 for PS3 and $40 for PC with pricing for 360 and Wii U to follow (probably same as PS3 though). Funny enough, that was going to be for the 3DS before the backlash made them put it back to normal 3DS game pricing. They tried to say "it's $50 because we had to upgrade to the 4GB cart to fit everything in!" but everyone went apeshit as they should have and it was strong enough of a backlash to have them lower it back to $40.

@ Wrathborne: New characters in Raid Mode. Plural. Plus all the stuff Pik posted.

I'll definitely be getting the PC version, I don't mind paying again. Then down the line if there's a price drop I'll probably get the Wii U version too. But PC is the priority platform for me.
                    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 01-24-2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

We'll see, I suspect the new characters will mostly be imported from the 3DS revelations as that would be a quick an easy way to add a little extra to the game without too much effort. Barry and Rebecca would make the most sense.

Agreed on the PC version. If they drop the price and the extras are good I'll pick up a copy myself.
                      Last edited by Wrathborne; 01-25-2013, 01:07 AM.

Comment

The Japanese Premium set has been announced. It includes Biohazard Revelations Unveiled edition, A BSAA wristwatch, A BSAA card case, and an Arranged Soundtrack on CD. The cost is 42,000yen. (Approximately $460 USD)
                        The game can also be purchased with just the watch, or with the case and CD.

カプコンのキャラクター商品がなんでも揃う直営通販サイト。ゲーム・グッズ・CDなど商品がどんどん増えるので、見る度に楽しい発見が!新作の予約販売も。

I've added this to the front news post.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                          The Japanese Premium set has been announced. It includes Biohazard Revelations Unveiled edition, A BSAA wristwatch, A BSAA card case, and an Arranged Soundtrack on CD. The cost is 42,000yen. (Approximately $460 USD)
                          The game can also be purchased with just the watch, or with the case and CD.

カプコンのキャラクター商品がなんでも揃う直営通販サイト。ゲーム・グッズ・CDなど商品がどんどん増えるので、見る度に楽しい発見が!新作の予約販売も。

I've added this to the front news post.
                          You mean what I posted a page back?

Premium Set bundle to be sold in Japan

Capcom will sell a limited edition Premium Set of Biohazardu: Revelations Unveiled Editon. In Japan, obviously.

This premium set will be sold at their online store, e-Capcom, for about 42,000 yen for the Premium Set (there is another "Limited Set" without the watch, selling for 7,490 yen.

The Premium set includes:

1. Software: “Resident Evil: Revelations Unveiled Edition”

2. US AGENCY WATCH (BSAA ver.)

3. BSAA card special case

4. An OST CD that includes new arrangements

SOURCE: http://www.e-capcom.com/bhrev_ue/
                          I'm quite the ninja.
                          sigpic

Comment

Opps. I didn't see that there. Don't know how I missed it...
                            I did see it afterwards in the news report topic and credited you though
                            sigpic

Comment

Nah, its okay. No need to give me credit for that one.

Everyone was too busy here talking aboot graphics and how Rev would look on a high-end PC (lousy) to notice.

And I could've posted it myself as a news piece here. But I refuse cuz that's how I roll.
                              sigpic

Comment

(...) I found the actual quote from Mike Lunn, Product Manager at Capcom:

"when we were developing Revelations for new platforms we really wanted to hone in on the experience you get with a large format screen, surround sound, etc. This type of setup really helps players get sucked into the horror vibe and enjoy the game to its fullest extent".

He later added:

"3DS and PS-vita infrastructure let alone developing games for them are extremely different beasts. Even just the screens as you mention are completely different resolutions/functions".

That's their excuse.
                                Here's how capcom did it (click)
                                Last edited by IGUANO; 01-25-2013, 08:26 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X