No announcement yet.

Playable Biohazard 1.5 build released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playable Biohazard 1.5 build released!

Most visitors to this site will be aware that a mysterious Team have been working on restoring and modifying a build of Biohazard 2 prototype (aka 1.5) into a complete, fluid game.
    Each new media release from the Team has been met with jubilation and extreme anticipation for the completed release.

The labors of this mysterious group were accquired by an individual who was allegedly looking to sell them. In order to circumvent any potential sale of their work, the team have today released the build which was being shopped around.

This is a huge event in the history of Biohazard; and a moment many people have been waiting up to 15 years for.

For the download link, as well as the message from the Team go to this post

There is a thread to thank the Team for their efforts here

A thread to discuss the leaked build can be found here

I'm sure myself and others are looking forward to playing the Team's completed project
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 02-18-2013, 02:30 AM.
    sigpic

HOLY. FUCK.

Finally, after years of waiting, we'll be able to play the myth known as RE 1.5. Even if it's a small beta preview whatever. This is truly a memorable day for Resident Evil fans. I'm already trying this in FPSE on my Xperia Play and it works nicely (within the understanding that this is an incomplete WIP build).

I can only say thanks to those who are releasing this to us... At last we have a taste of what 1.5 is.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

This is truly a monumental achievement done by the hands of hardcore fans.
      Last edited by superDioplus; 02-18-2013, 05:13 AM.
      Complete global saturation....*Headshot*....You are going to be very sorry....

Comment

Hands done the best resident evil event ever happened in many years !

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post

The labors of this mysterious group were accquired by an individual who was allegedly looking to sell them. In order to circumvent any potential sale of their work, the team have today released the build which was being shopped around.
          I was only aware of the Ebay debacle, and the way this build was dishonestly prised from the team member, and to say I was both stunned & disgusted in equal measures is an under-statement. I am sure the whole team involved appreciate the regrettable selfishness of the individual concerned is no reflection of the integrity of the website he was contributing to as a staff member (a privilege now revoked), and that all other staff of this website that I have spoken to were understandably appalled and felt personally let-down. I suppose I was naive to think that a mountain of wonderful contributions in the past would negate the necessity to shaft an entire community at a later date for the sake of an ego. This premature release of an unfinished build was the only solution to an ugly problem.

Comment

Go team. From my early 2002-3 days at Bioflames until now this has been a dream for me, and I'm sure many others.
            sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

Whoa, that's a way to start the week.

Comment

The news made Destructoid.

Comment

Wow, Colvin's finally famous...

...not exactly how he thought it would be, I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                    Wow, Colvin's finally famous...

...not exactly how he thought it would be, I suspect.
                    That would be the polite way to put it !

Comment

...I really shouldn;t take as much pleasure from this as I am, should I? Has anyone seen him anywhere since this shit went down? I'd love to see his reaction to suddenly being probably the most famous person in the RE community.

Comment

I'd love to see his reaction to suddenly being probably the most famous person in the RE community.
                        I thought the title holder was cvxfreak.

Anywhoo... It's unfortunate that the game had to be released under those conditions.

Many mainstream/new gamers who will read about this story all over the net, will download the game and they might be put off by it (regardless if they know that its still a work-in-progress thing). And such an experience might convince them to reject the classic style/games altogether.

But I guess the team had no choice but to release it in its current state.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

...I really shouldn;t take as much pleasure from this as I am, should I? Has anyone seen him anywhere since this shit went down? I'd love to see his reaction to suddenly being probably the most famous person in the RE community.
                          He offered an excuse regarding "needing to pay some bills" and then he made the suggestion that he deserved "thanks" for putting the wheels in motion for an early release. Quite an extraordinary response would be one way of putting it.
                          Last edited by GEORGE TREVOR; 02-19-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GEORGE TREVOR View Post
                            He offered an excuse regarding "needing to pay some bills" and then he made the suggestion that he deserved "thanks" for putting the wheels in motion for an early release. Quite an extraordinary response would be one way of putting it.
                            From what I can see at the 1-2-3 forums, he's totally innocent of all wrong doing because he didn't manage to sell a copy, and it's totally not his fault that he instantly broke the trust of folks by talking about the game or trying to sell it - he's the victim, damnit! He's going to sue over this! He's going to get this project shut down by his sources at Capcom!

Comment

Lol, he's quite full of it. I can't believe he's claiming he's innocent. Bull man..
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                              X