Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1.5 WIP Build - Bug Report and Resolution Thread (Patches, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 1.5 WIP Build - Bug Report and Resolution Thread (Patches, etc)

I thought to make this thread where people can report and create a catalogue of all the bugs they encounter to help other players get the most out of this build. The team presumably have their own internal testing team and this build is clearly old, but with a whole community now behind them any information we find might be valuable to them in the future as well as us now. Please report all bugs you encounter while playing this build, broken items, broken objects, crashing rooms, holes in walls, anything you encounter please report it in this thread. Try not to turn this into a discussion thread unless you have or are working on a solution to fix a particular glitch being discussed in this thread, for all other 1.5 discussion please use the other thread. If the mods or team don't like this thread then please feel free to lock it, just thought it would be interesting to collect some useful data on this build in one place that's useful to those who wish to get the most out of what we've got.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-19-2013, 05:51 PM.

This? This is going to be a long thread...

I'll start!

You click on things, and if you click on them not quite right you become air Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      This? This is going to be a long thread...

I'll start!

You click on things, and if you click on them not quite right you become air Jesus.
      Lol I have yet to encounter the awesome that is the air Jesus glitch lol.

Irons office crashes for me with Leon on my console, is this happening for anyone else? I need to try an emulator, but I think I need to try some new discs because these crappy Asda discs don't seem to be doing this game justice, not at least on my console.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-18-2013, 07:14 AM.

Comment

The "readme" says to not bother reporting bugs to the team... not sure what's the purpose of this thread.
        Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

At present, the build that was leaked seems to work best on "PSX" (the emulator), probably because it's what they've been using to test their work. If you want to get the least crash-prone experience playing the game, I encourage you to play it on that emulator.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

Originally posted by Aleff View Post
            The "readme" says to not bother reporting bugs to the team... not sure what's the purpose of this thread.
            I agree on this one. It's not of much interest to them, they've had the build for quite a long time - they ought to know every little inch of it. Then again geluda isn't doing it for them, so I guess it's ok.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            At present, the build that was leaked seems to work best on "PSX" (the emulator), probably because it's what they've been using to test their work. If you want to get the least crash-prone experience playing the game, I encourage you to play it on that emulator.
            Actually works "better" in ePSXe. Try checking an item and then opening the FILE menu with whatever entry in there. The game crashes in the most ugly way on pSX, while it shows glitches on ePSXe.
            Last edited by Gemini; 02-18-2013, 08:11 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              I agree on this one. It's not of much interest to them, they've had the build for quite a long time - they ought to know every little inch of it. Then again geluda isn't doing it for them, so I guess it's ok.

Actually works "better" in ePSXe. Try checking an item and then opening the FILE menu with whatever entry in there. The game crashes in the most ugly way on pSX, while it shows glitches on ePSXe.
              Haven't really bothered much with the file menu. But the alligator and spider rooms in the sewer do not seem to work at all in ePSXe. I like the high-res rendering feature of ePSXe though. It shows a lot more model details you don't normally see in 320X240, including Elza's huge badonkadonk ass crack line (that really came as a surprise) and the details on the zombie faces.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                Oh I misunderstood the thread's purpose. It's a bug report for US.

So let me add: Jumping to/Entering normally Irons' Office and Sewers' Spider (don't remember room name) crashes the game on a PS2. Also loading a savegame on Irons' Office crashes the game (not sure if it is because it's actually a RE1 save file being misinterpreted though)

Another bug: No files on actual hardware. You can scroll pages but it shows some garbage instead of text and the interface text on the bottom of the screen goes bananas.
                Last edited by Aleff; 02-18-2013, 08:46 AM.
                Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

To help people get the most out of the build without having to surf through mega threads, system/emulator compatability, resolutions to crashes, broken items, general game problems, hacks or bug fixes, etc.

Oh I misunderstood the thread's purpose. It's a bug report for US.
                  Exactly! If the team learn something from it that's great, but I'm sure as people mess with this build more, some problems will be encountered and hopefully some will be solved, this thread is for that info.

I will update the first post as things to on.

Comment

You can't climb/jump ledges on this version, even though on Curator's version, it was completely possible (Elza jumping in the broken van room, Leon climbing the truck in the factory...)

EDIT1: If you throw a grenade to a dog and the dog pounces you and the grenade explodes on this moment, the dog dies, but the character won't get up.
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Climbing up and down is broken due to alternations in the build.
                      Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

From MrB

Many of the features you see in the build, as explained in our making of videos, comes from injecting pieces of C code that adds features and functionality that was broken, missing, or otherwise needed. There's a terrible bug we internally called "Air Jesus" present in this build, a legacy issue from the vanilla build, where inspecting objects will often cause ... undesirable results. This bug has since been fixed, but is currently present in this build. While, technically, the load feature works, the save feature's brokenness makes it pretty useless. These are also features that're fixed and will be working in the final release. There are also many stability issues that causes the game to crash or otherwise misbehave, most of these have since been fixed too. So unless there's a very Konami Code-esque approach to how you trigger a randomized and reproducable bug, please don't lose your breath attempting to report bugs to us.

Edit - Sorry missed the post that it isn't for them.
                        Last edited by Dracarys; 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

For some reasons, when I attempted to jump to room named "corridor" on room # 40x, or "server room" on room # 50x, the game freezes.
                          ------祸福无门,人自召之。
                          ------People themselves call for camalities and blessings.

Comment

First patch to surface I believe, bug fixes and content unlocks by Martin Biohazard. Thanks a buch Martin!

Comment

Some cameras don't change sometimes, etc. But the geometry is still there.

Comment

Working...
                              X