No announcement yet.

[RELEASE] Biohazard 1.5 Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those backgrounds are really nice if we exclude the compression. Will you ever be able to implement masks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
      Will you ever be able to implement masks?
      Sorry, but unfortunatelly I'm not able to add custom masks in PSX versions, due to lack of info/tools to handle the .LZ format (compression format which the game use for masks). Same thing about use custom backgrounds, as you know I'm very limited to use it. I know MarkGrass know something about it, I hope he could share some info or tool with us soon.

Comment

• Any chance he'll be porting over the Trial rooms from the lab and factory? I think the last time I asked you, you said that you had problems with fitting them in the disk, have those been resolved as well?
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

• Wouldn't the bit stream frames use the same compression as the masks?

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            Any chance he'll be porting over the Trial rooms from the lab and factory? I think the last time I asked you, you said that you had problems with fitting them in the disk, have those been resolved as well?
            Yeah, I can make the Trial rooms works if I have RDT data for it, I already port a few from my old project, but they are not perfect in camera angles.

You mean if DXP can use his method to create RDT data for the Trial rooms? if so, I'm not sure, but I think he can't, since to do that he need a 3D reference.

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
            Wouldn't the bit stream frames use the same compression as the masks?
            http://z4.invisionfree.com/Resident_...?showtopic=644
            No, they are not the same, backgrounds use .BS format and masks use .LZ format.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
              Yeah, I can make the Trial rooms works if I have RDT data for it, I already port a few from my old project, but they are not perfect in camera angles.

You mean if DXP can use his method to create RDT data for the Trial rooms? if so, I'm not sure, but I think he can't, since to do that he need a 3D reference.

No, they are not the same, backgrounds use .BS format and masks use .LZ format.

Lempel–Ziv?

Haven't had time to fully read this yet, but mentions something called libpress also.

Last edited by Mikhail; 11-16-2014, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                Aydan suck a dick, most modders are smart enough to know when something is simply constructive criticism from excited fans.
                So implying that sucking dick is some form of bad, embarrassing or even a form of punishment/insult is normal to you? It's 2014 pal, nothing wrong with people who choose to express their sexuality that way, talk about a true pathetic closed minded fool. Very mature of you. Now, to move on from your stupidity lets get back on topic shall we

More great work again DB and DXP. Are the backgrounds made from any old Bioflames pictures of the archive room or is it just made up? It's been so long since I last seen all those old mobile phone pic's from their old contact.. I can't believe it's been like 10 years give or take...

Shame you can't get masks working though it doesn't matter in the long run since it's still more content for us to enjoy whilst IGAS silently work on their vision for 1.5
                Last edited by Aydan; 11-18-2014, 09:39 AM.
                4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• You assume that DB doesn't have the maturity to accept honest feedback on his project and then perpetuate a needless argument against his wishes. This leads to nothing relevant. Just let it go.
                  sigpic
                  "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Hello folks!

Good news! new patch is almost ready to be released! right now I'm just testing a few of things before release it.

Meanwhile, here I show you DXP's Conference Room ;) :

I hope you like it!

Comment

• Hooray! Much work Martin and DXP!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Heres something no one has asked, can you add weapon models?

Comment

• Great job on the new video and on the upcoming patch, I almost forgot about the conference room.

Comment

• New patch is now available! check the first post!

I hope all you enjoy it, DXP and me really work a lot in it.

Greetings!

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                            Heres something no one has asked, can you add weapon models?
                            Sure, I already add a few, like R. Launcher, G. Launcher, etc, but unfortunatelly those weapons not work correctly in game.

Comment

• The compression is terrible, but overall I like these new rooms. In some cases they look better than what IGAS showed us. Not from a technical point of view, but in terms of art style and faithfulness to the game itself. No silly paintings, carpets, posters, bright colors, etc. It stays sober and I appreciate it because that's one of the reasons why I like this resident evil.
                              Last edited by Rick Hunter; 11-23-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Thank you very much for this masterpiece!
                                This is great!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X