[RELEASE] Biohazard 1.5 Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
    ever hear old saying less is more? but on idea of populate room with things! why not do more interesting than zombies all over? capcom do many interesting thing with the features of the engine in playstation games and we are utilize such features too. even adding new ones for things unfinished game not handle proper yet.
    Ok, tell me, what interesting thing I have to do?

You mean I have to make the pictures puzzle in 3F Corridor or make the power puzzle in Boiler Room?

Haha! you want make me crazy?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
      Ok, tell me, what interesting thing I have to do?

You mean I have to make the pictures puzzle in 3F Corridor or make the power puzzle in Boiler Room?

Haha! you want make me crazy?
      Here's an idea, maybe you could relink the RPD rooms properly and make a "demo" with proper item pick-ups and locked doors? There's a good chunk of areas in the RPD that's already done. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a 5-10 minute demo of standard RE gameplay.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
        why is all room gotta be zombie? i always hear people say new resident evil always too much shoot and yet these fan mods always become bullet time.
        I'm with B.Zork on this one, although my point-of-view is different. Actually, you don't have to look any farther than Justin Fisher's AliensTC for DOOM PMOD for an excellent example. The entire first level is empty of any kind of foe, as well as the first quarter of the second. This lulls the player into a false sense of security - so that when they do finally get dropped down into the hive, it scares the shit out of them. From that point on, you've got "bugs" popping out of the walls everywhere, and it freaks you out. My young niece refused to play it after going through that because it terrified her - as it was designed to do.

I've kinda done the same thing with "Story of RE15," as much as my resources will allow. You don't get a steady stream of zombies to shoot. You get one or two here and there, or sometimes entire stretches of rooms and halls that are empty ... at first. Then something will happen, and the shit literally hits the fan - like what I did with the 1F Shutter Hallway in the RPD. The first time, going up the hall to the North Office, it's pretty much a breeze. The second time, coming out of the North Office after you're finished in there, you walk right into a hallway FULL of zombies - because they've all crawled in under the broken back door while you were busy. You've got to fight your way clear before you come to the next relatively empty area, and then you can take a bit of a break -- but when will that happen again, and WHERE? I did the Factory stage that way, too - you don't get a lot of action, save for Dog Alley and the odd zombie here and there, until the gorilla attack on the conveyor belt. After that, you've all kinds of foes reviving and coming after you all over that stage, and you're finally forced to go to Warehouse 1 (and the end-level fight with Birkin) because there's nowhere else left to run.

Suspense is just as much a part of classic survival horror as shooting everything in sight ... and (with all due respect) sometimes PMODders and fan hackers forget that. Give 'em time, though ....
        Last edited by RMandel; 04-11-2013, 03:49 AM.
        Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
        Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
          Here's an idea, maybe you could relink the RPD rooms properly and make a "demo" with proper item pick-ups and locked doors? There's a good chunk of areas in the RPD that's already done. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a 5-10 minute demo of standard RE gameplay.
          I already have all the doors from RPD linked properly, but make a demo? maybe could be better The Team release something like that, if they really want to do it.

Comment

I already have all the doors from RPD linked properly, but make a demo? maybe could be better The Team release something like that, if they really want to do it.
            Could you release 1.5 with the doors working properly? Ifyou don't want to add the rest of the features in yet that's okay, I just want to explore the game without 'JUMPING' in debug!
            4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

Wow well done !! amazing work yet again my friend love seeing all the progress your making.
              I have a request , if it's possible could you put any type of B.O.W in the Site C area , maybe a few zombies or dogs or maybe even a couple of gorillas ?
              but anyways I look forward to what you can do next .

Comment

Well, as I see several people who are really excited about my new patch, I decided that this Sunday night, I'll give you an "incomplete" version of my latest work.

Why I say an "incomplete" version? because some of my fixes still need to be worked a little more and I think it took me a time.

But that does not mean that this new patch that I will give will be bad, this new patch will include almost all of my latest works!

Happy now?

Comment

That's awesome, thank you very much!

It's really cool of you that you make the broken Magic Zombie Door build more interesting to play, it helps to make the waiting time until the team releases their final build more enjoyable!
                  Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-12-2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Well, as I see several people who are really excited about my new patch, I decided that this Sunday night, I'll give you an "incomplete" version of my latest work.

Why I say an "incomplete" version? because some of my fixes still need to be worked a little more and I think it took me a time.

But that does not mean that this new patch that I will give will be bad, this new patch will include almost all of my latest works!

Happy now?
                    Thank you so much!! I can't wait to walk about the RPD with proper door connections!!!
                    Last edited by Aydan; 04-12-2013, 05:42 PM.
                    4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Thank you for your work! This is priceless)))
                      sigpic

Comment

• Can't wait for this to be released tomorrow!!

Just having proper linked doors is enough to make me happy!!

Thank you so much Dark Biohazard for this!

Roll on tomorrow!!!
                        4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Not problem, I'm glad you like my work.

Something I forgot to mention, remember, I'm from Uruguay, then I guess the times are very different than you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                            Not problem, I'm glad you like my work.

Something I forgot to mention, remember, I'm from Uruguay, then I guess the times are very different than you have.
                            No worries, I imagine it the difference in hours isn't too great. I'm from the UK

I just can't wait to walk about the RPD with linked doors, it's such a SIMPLE thing but it will make the game feel so much better to run around with. If you get some other features in there that'd be awesome too!!

Thank you yet again for your hard work and giving us some updates to the prototype even though it's not 'official'.
                            4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Highly looking forward to the patch dude =D

Comment

• Hopefully the patch should be available in a few hours!
                                4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

Working...
                                X