[RELEASE] Biohazard 1.5 Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    You're welcome. I have a question though, would it be possible to implement the recreation/custom 1.5 RDTs you and a few other modders have made for retail in 1.5? I noticed that a good chunk of the lab and factory areas have already been restored, boundary-wise, in RE2 PC. That and the 1.5 files seem to be compatible with RE2 PC, so I would imagine the opposite would also be true. It'd be pretty cool if we could get those functioning in the actual 1.5 engine, as a hold over, until the team releases their finished work.

Custom boundaries for rooms like this, which you have made, would fit pretty seamlessly in the game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7DGr..._OWbg&index=72
    Yeah is very possible, because this build have already all the RE1.5 backgrounds from the Trial Edition, just need to add the RDTs files to make playable rooms.

But the main problem is, to do that, I need to rebuild BH2.bin and for now is not possible... So maybe in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
      Did you ever consider that their work takes time?

IGAS is rebuilding an entire executable, modeling and rendering new rooms, character models, new textures, organizing known story elements, handling PR, organizing group efforts, etc. Martin is modifying room scripts with hack.exe and applying his work through a patch.exe.

A fan-made patch isn't on the same level - it doesn't even compare.

They're not going to release info and materials every single day of the week, so unappreciative fanboys like you can say "That's not enough!!!", every chance they get.
      Heh I just add all the fools to my ignore list, quite a great feature

@ DB very nice job connecting the rooms and adding the button executions for the Leon events. Makes the RPD more playable, only thing that's kinda weird is the exit from the helipad stairs to the jail, it can't be done in reverse, I mean that the the point of where you emerge from there now leads to a cell, but that makes more sense as it didn't before. Room jumping ftw for now. I praise you!

Comment

• Ah that clears it up on the conference room. I completely forgot about that room.

But no, it was the unpatched one i patched, so i did it correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
          Did you ever consider that their work takes time?

IGAS is rebuilding an entire executable, modeling and rendering new rooms, character models, new textures, organizing known story elements, handling PR, organizing group efforts, etc. Martin is modifying room scripts with hack.exe and applying his work through a patch.exe.

A fan-made patch isn't on the same level - it doesn't even compare.

They're not going to release info and materials every single day of the week, so unappreciative fanboys like you can say "That's not enough!!!", every chance they get.
          Oh please, It's all called "Modification".
          Forehead destroyed .... Fan Made ... Teams Build is Fan made work too
          Who are you anyway to know what they are doing ? lulz, please use common sense,
          Merci.
          Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
          ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Are you trolling or something? If you are, stop it. Period.

Also, as far as "Who" Mark is, well, he's MarkGrass, the maker/contributor to many "HACK.EXE" solutions people in the RE community are using for their little fan hacks. So I guess he'll get to call stuff whatever he likes + is what I'd consider a reliable source as far as general techno babble o the RE front goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
              Oh please, It's all called "Modification".
              Forehead destroyed .... Fan Made ... Teams Build is Fan made work too
              Who are you anyway to know what they are doing ? lulz, please use common sense,
              Merci.
              I'm the one who brings the Christmas candy.

I'm the one who brings the devil's brandy.

I'm the one who beats you when you're bad.

And I'm the one who loves ya when you're fucking banned.

Now tell me, who's your daddy?

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
              Also, as far as "Who" Mark is, well, he's MarkGrass, the maker/contributor to many "HACK.EXE" solutions people in the RE community are using for their little fan hacks. So I guess he'll get to call stuff whatever he likes + is what I'd consider a reliable source as far as general techno babble o the RE front goes.
              This, pretty much. (Thanks Carn! )

I'm generally a nice person... I just don't like it when fanboys come around and start mouthing-off about stuff they have no idea about. It not only makes that person look bad, the entire Bio/RE community suffers.

When you've put 7 years into research and development, asked for absolutely nothing in return and put up with all the bullshit that comes with it, then you'll have earned the right to be a pompous ass, too.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Martin, thank you so much for the patch!

It's a lot more fun and the game is certainly more 'playable' in regards to exploring the RPD without having to warp around all the time

One question I'm curious of, is there anyway to 'hack fix' the zombies damage?

What I mean is, handguns seem to take soooo much ammo to kill. Is there anyway to hack how strong the handgun is so it plays correctly and can kill zombies in between 4-10 shots??

I don't use other guns because they tend ot crash the game at different areas, however the handgun never crashes so... if that could be fixed at least it'd feel more playable
                Last edited by Aydan; 04-15-2013, 06:46 PM.
                4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• How do you access the cutscene on the heliport?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aydan View Post
                    Martin, thank you so much for the patch!

It's a lot more fun and the game is certainly more 'playable' in regards to exploring the RPD without having to warp around all the time

One question I'm curious of, is there anyway to 'hack fix' the zombies damage?

What I mean is, handguns seem to take soooo much ammo to kill. Is there anyway to hack how strong the handgun is so it plays correctly and can kill zombies in between 4-10 shots??

I don't use other guns because they tend ot crash the game at different areas, however the handgun never crashes so... if that could be fixed at least it'd feel more playable
                    Sorry but by now I can't edit the damage values of the enemies.

Originally posted by ParasiteAdam View Post
                    How do you access the cutscene on the heliport?
                    Just play with Elza and go to HELIPORT.

Comment

• Any way to get the cutscene for leon on the heliport to happen?

Patch for this later?

The one im talking about is when he witnesses elza crash into the RPD doors, he says "Thats just fricken great!"

Comment

• That one's still broken ... as are several others ... and not all of the dialog plays for some of the ones that DO seem to work. Just be thankful for the ones that do. MB needs time to attempt fixing broken code, despite his miracle worker reputation (well earned, I might add). We'll just have to wait. Maybe it'll be in a future pot o' miracles he'll cook up someday, or maybe enough time will pass for the next Team IGAS build release. At least we've got a video clip for that particular cutscene, though - even as old and grainy as it may be.

I'm still chuckling over that poem, Mark. Excellent!
                        Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                        Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Accidental double post deleted
                          Last edited by RMandel; 04-16-2013, 06:49 AM.
                          Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                          Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                            Are you trolling or something? If you are, stop it. Period.

No, I wouldn't dare to, But hes not using common sense when saying a fan made work is not like a fan made work....
                            if you consider that trolling then I'll stop if you want.

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                            I'm the one who brings the Christmas candy.

I'm the one who brings the devil's brandy.

I'm the one who beats you when you're bad.

And I'm the one who loves ya when you're fucking banned.

Now tell me, who's your daddy?
                            Nope you don't
                            Nah ...
                            I'm not bad, are you ?
                            You changed so much didn't you ?
                            No one, maybe I'm every nightmare you ever had. I'm your worst dream comes true. I'm everything you ever were afraid of ?
                            child I am the eater of worlds and of children, And you will be next !

Quite sad to quote Mother Firefly's Poem actually and not having a proper reply ...
                            Thank you I guess for being so honest ?

Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                            I'm still chuckling over that poem, Mark. Excellent!
                            Mother Fly from"The house of 1000 corpses" Lol.
                            Last edited by Mrox2; 04-16-2013, 10:19 AM.
                            ^ Lol ...

Comment

• No, I wouldn't dare to, But hes not using common sense when saying a fan made work is not like a fan made work....
                              if you consider that trolling then I'll stop if you want.
                              I think you kind of missed the point. MG never said it isn't a fan-made work, but the scale of the project is definitely much bigger/more immense than any of the other mod projects currently out there. While I love Martin DB's fixes, saying that the patches he churns out is of the same magnitude as the team's work would be quite ignorant, don't you think? The fact that the team is modifying the engine to fix broken features and add in missing ones already makes their work leaps and bounds ahead from the rest of us, who, for the most part, focus mainly on modifying graphical and audio assets in the games.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                                I think you kind of missed the point. MG never said it isn't a fan-made work, but the scale of the project is definitely much bigger/more immense than any of the other mod projects currently out there. While I love Martin DB's fixes, saying that the patches he churns out is of the same magnitude as the team's work would be quite ignorant, don't you think?.
                                Yes, you are 100% right no offense, but still Fan made is Fan made. Am i right ?

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                                The fact that the team is modifying the engine to fix broken features and add in missing ones already makes their work leaps and bounds ahead from the rest of us, who, for the most part, focus mainly on modifying graphical and audio assets in the games.
                                I highly disagree, It's not just graphical or audio assets ... go figure.
                                Last edited by Mrox2; 04-16-2013, 10:31 AM.
                                ^ Lol ...

Comment

Working...
                                X