Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

resident evil 1.5(now release) is made from Capcom or made from MrB Zork team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resident evil 1.5(now release) is made from Capcom or made from MrB Zork team?

When I know resident evil 1.5 release.
    and I see the zip file is only 45MB.
    I am worried that it's not from Capcom, just only come from the MrB Zork and his team's production!
    but when I play this game,so much scene I never see them before!
    so I want to know ,this game is from Capcom or not?

one year or two years before , the bio1.5 event maybe you konw ,that guy release the youtobe movie,look like the Japan Version,but your re1.5 's lanuage is English.
    So Strange!

Others, if it's from Capcom,MrB Zork team's mission is repaire the game?

If these questions ,someone have already declare, I am so sorry.I know little English.

In fact ,yesterday I use the pcsx (with debugger) to play the resident evil 1.5 successfully!

THE CHINESE MEANING:
    目前已经发布的生化1.5,到底是Capcom内部的那个,还是MrBzork及其小组的同人 作品?
    前几天,当我听说生化1.5发布了,我很兴奋!不过我看到压缩包才45MB,我心凉半截!
    因为给我的感觉是MrBzork自己做的,而不是来自Capcom的那个。
    但是当我体验了一下这个游戏,很多很多场景我从来没见到。
    所以我也弄不明白了?
    到底是不是同人作品啊?

很久以前那个生化1.5事件,我想大家都知道。那小子发的录像是日文的,而这个是英文的。开头界面的文字也 明显不一样!奇了怪了!
    也许问题的答案别人已经在有些帖子里说过,问题是我英语太差了!我只懂得很简单很简单的一些词语。还得借助 百度翻译功能。一旦看到好多英文词在一起,我就晕。

本来我没想深究,只是前几天成功用pcsx调试器运行成功了此游戏,也想研究研究。虽然小弟技术实力很有限 。在各位大牛面前班门弄斧了。不好意思哈!
    Last edited by dolphin; 02-21-2013, 06:48 PM.

It's originally Capcom content, with some updates/modifications by B.zork and the team. It is being translated by the team into several languages, including english. If you have trouble understanding english, you're usually better off posting your questions in your own language. We have a mixed bag of Nationalities here, the odds are good that someone here speaks your language and can answer you appropriately.

In fact, I would suggest going to the thread linked below and asking your questions there in your native language.

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...d-stupidity%29
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 02-19-2013, 10:23 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
      It's originally Capcom content, with some updates/modifications by B.zork and the team. It is being translated by the team into several languages, including english. If you have trouble understanding english, you're usually better off posting your questions in your own language. We have a mixed bag of Nationalities here, the odds are good that someone here speaks your language and can answer you appropriately.

In fact, I would suggest going to the thread linked below and asking your questions there in your native language.

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...d-stupidity%29
      thank you.

I am Chinese,but I guess little Chinese here.And in my opinion, the Chinese words are so difficult translate or understand by Others Country person.

Could you know why MrZork donot release the original resident evil 1.5?
      instead of that, only release the update or modify ?

In face , yesterday I can use the emulator named : pcsx (with debug ability),so I can research something about it!

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
        thank you.

I am Chinese,but I guess little Chinese here.And in my opinion, the Chinese words are so difficult translate or understand by Others Country person.

Could you know why MrZork donot release the original resident evil 1.5?
        instead of that, only release the update or modify ?

In face , yesterday I can use the emulator named : pcsx (with debug ability),so I can research something about it!
        Bzork and the team have mentioned plans to release the unedited version of the 1.5 build after they release their completed version of the game. In my opinion, the completed build should be the more sought after version, as it will most likely be very authentic in regards to the original intentions of the developers. Of course, there is no way to know exactly how the game would have turned out had Capcom finished it, so some liberties will be taken by the team when they begin to restore portions of the game that no one has knowledge about.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
          Bzork and the team have mentioned plans to release the unedited version of the 1.5 build after they release their completed version of the game. In my opinion, the completed build should be the more sought after version, as it will most likely be very authentic in regards to the original intentions of the developers. Of course, there is no way to know exactly how the game would have turned out had Capcom finished it, so some liberties will be taken by the team when they begin to restore portions of the game that no one has knowledge about.
          all right!
          thank you!
          I wish to debug the original bio 1.5 by the pcsx debugger in the past.
          but from your words,maybe the original bio1.5 will release for a long time.
          So maybe I will cost so much time to debug the released version already.
          serveral hours ago,I send a message to another Chinese Game Hacker,I hope I or he will find something useful .

Comment

Hello, friend

I am one of the Chinese members here. I would answer your questions in Chinese.

这个游戏是Capcom公司开发的,开发到65%左右时,游戏开发组负责人三上真司对游戏质量不满意,推翻 重做。今天我们看见的《生化危机2》是重新制作过的,现在BZork团队发布的是真正的RE1.5。由于该 游戏原始语言是日文,该团队将语言都翻译成欧洲文字(包括英语,德语,法语,意大利语和西班牙语)后发布。 该团队修正了一些bug后,放出此版本,以彰显诚意。本人已经向该团队建议发布汉语字幕版本。希望以上回答 对你有所帮助!

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
            When I know resident evil 1.5 release.
            and I see the zip file is only 45MB.
            I am worried that it's not from Capcom, just only come from the MrB Zork and his team's production!
            but when I play this game,so much scene I never see them before!
            so I want to know ,this game is from Capcom or not?

one year or two years before , the bio1.5 event maybe you konw ,that guy release the youtobe movie,look like the Japan Version,but your re1.5 's lanuage is English.
            So Strange!

Others, if it's from Capcom,MrB Zork team's mission is repaire the game?

If these questions ,someone have already declare, I am so sorry.I know little English.

In fact ,yesterday I use the pcsx (with debugger) to play the resident evil 1.5 successfully!
            ------祸福无门,人自召之。
            ------People themselves call for camalities and blessings.

Comment

Capcom would not in any way release 1.5, but it's not out of realm of possibility that they are not going to do anything to stop 1.5 modding, and even they probably were content with 1.5 being leaked.
              Capcom has a pretty tarnished name, but honestly, I think they are trying to improve, however slowly it may be. They clearly did nothing to stop Gameboy Color RE crowdfunding and release. Years ago they wouldn't allow for RE: Zero for N64 to be released.
              And they even are promoting free ''Megaman vs Street Fighter'' game, made by fans. I couldn't see that happening just a few years ago.
              Last edited by fishboil; 02-21-2013, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishboil View Post
                I couldn't see that happening just a few years ago.
                Really? I think people really under-appreciate Capcom for their involvement with fans (or maybe just don't know them as well as they think they do). I mean, even back in the early 90s and stuff, they designed their Megaman bosses based on fan submissions/contests and stuff, and other recent stuff like the soundtrack to Super Street Fighter II HD was entirely done by the community on OCRemix and such.

Capcom's always been getting it on with their fans and done collaborations. The "REØ N64" thing wasn't exactly a "fan" thing, but a pretty serious (business/security) matter, given how that was someone having assets from the N64 version even before the GameCube version ever was released. Of course, it'll be a bit curious to see if there's any follow up to this recent 1.5 stuff.
                Last edited by Carnivol; 02-21-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  Of course, it'll be a bit curious to see if there's any follow up to this recent 1.5 stuff.
                  Did Capcom ever say anything when REGBC was released?
                  lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Nope, they didn't said nothing.

About 1.5, naaah, trying to axe this project will further tarnish their reputation, something that they are trying to recover. Everyone still remembers them cancelling promising Megaman games (they sent apology letters to Megaman Legends 3 fans).

Square Enix axed countless fan projects like crazy a few years ago, I am sure Capcom will not go down to that route.
                    Last edited by fishboil; 02-21-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

The release of 1.5 isn't really hurting anyone, either the fans or Capcom. I mean, it's so old that even new fans would hardly associate it (visually, and quality wise) with Capcom's newest games, which I believe was their concern (quality) in the past. They didn't want anyone associating an unfinished product with their name. But now it's been so long, I think everyone, fans and otherwise, kind of understand.

Comment

Originally posted by fishboil View Post
                        Nope, they didn't said nothing.
                        Don't remember if he was "annoyed" or not (and if that was because of all the retarded questions or if it was because of any issues related to it), but there was a thread on Unity where Chris Svensson replied to stuff regarding REGBC's leak. (Pretty much just going "No. This was not us. Change the subject / Thread closed.")

Comment

I remember exactly what he said. He was asked if Capcom was behind this or if they supported this, and he simply responded "no we are not behind this nor do we support this".
                          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                            Really? I think people really under-appreciate Capcom for their involvement with fans (or maybe just don't know them as well as they think they do). I mean, even back in the early 90s and stuff, they designed their Megaman bosses based on fan submissions/contests and stuff, and other recent stuff like the soundtrack to Super Street Fighter II HD was entirely done by the community on OCRemix and such.

Capcom's always been getting it on with their fans and done collaborations. The "REØ N64" thing wasn't exactly a "fan" thing, but a pretty serious (business/security) matter, given how that was someone having assets from the N64 version even before the GameCube version ever was released. Of course, it'll be a bit curious to see if there's any follow up to this recent 1.5 stuff.
                            Exactly what I've been saying since I got here. If you take the Capcom hate goggles off, you can actually see that in every main title RE game to date, they've done what the fans wanted. By RE3, people wanted something new, wanted a new control scheme, etc- They got RE4. Then when they got that, they didn't like the expansive inventory, they didn't like the exclusion of Umbrella, they didn't like that Ashley was pretty much useless- They even bitched that Wesker didn't play a bigger role.

Capcom gathers all these concerns up and solves them in RE5. You have the classic RE1-3 style inventory, you can only carry nine items. The story brought Umbrella back into the narrative, and Wesker too. The addition of Co-op play was also added because that's what the fans wanted thanks to the CoD fans (whose opinion is no less legitimate than that of "hardcore" RE fans), and Sheva became Ashley only with the ability to tote a weapon and save your ass. I'm not even going to mention the whole bringing Jill back thing. But sure enough, people started bitching again even though they pretty much got everything they asked for. Don't even get me started on RE6...

Point being; Were these games perfect? No. But at least they listen when shit dribbles out of the average fan's mouth. Only to get chastised for it later.
                            Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 02-21-2013, 03:44 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by w.dash View Post
                              Hello, friend

I am one of the Chinese members here. I would answer your questions in Chinese.

这个游戏是Capcom公司开发的,开发到65%左右时,游戏开发组负责人三上真司对游戏质量不满意,推翻 重做。今天我们看见的《生化危机2》是重新制作过的,现在BZork团队发布的是真正的RE1.5。由于该 游戏原始语言是日文,该团队将语言都翻译成欧洲文字(包括英语,德语,法语,意大利语和西班牙语)后发布。 该团队修正了一些bug后,放出此版本,以彰显诚意。本人已经向该团队建议发布汉语字幕版本。希望以上回答 对你有所帮助!
                              遇到中国同胞,太好了。有QQ吗?或者加我也行?QQ172620807
                              是这样,我想找到MrBzork,希望他能够把原始的版本(而不是他对此进行修改的版本)发布 出来。
                              我前几天成功的利用了pcsx这个ps模拟器(具有调试功能的),可以运行目前已经发布的英文版,我可以对 它内部的代码进行调试,这样某些不足也许可以通过这个进行完善,问题是已经发布的后期的这个版本,我不太确 定和原始版本差别多少,我费了半天劲怕做无用功。而且我用daemon载入ISO的时候,发现看不到里面的 详细文件,我不知道是原始版本就是这样,还是后期他人为的做了加密。不过对于我研究一些东西会很麻烦。因为 一些代码,需要内存定位,ISO定位和文件定位。上面有个人说的话,我大概理解成原始版本可能很久以后才发 布。这样我有点灰心。

Comment

Working...
                              X