Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
    Minus The Team's known created content (such as the 1F East Corridor, the 3F Corridor, the Elevator, B1 Corridor, Etc.) Those won't be included. It also sounds like they will probably also be using the original inferior placeholder ammo drawing and the RE 1 'Chris' and 'Jill' portrait ID placeholders and such for Leon and Elza, since those were shown to be in the original build. Not only will it be less complete than The Team's old WIP version, it will also use obvious inferior placeholder items and RE 1 IDs over any Team upgrades.

Some might like that, if you're a RE 1.5 purist and all. But most of us would rather wait for The Team themselves to release the vanilla build along with the final build.
    Far as I know it's beyond just 'portrait photos' guess we should just wait and see what comes out of it.
    Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Onimusha and DMC have had some 2 player support mode. I think they've always wanted to do some sort of thing like that. I know they're not technically the same games, but I consider all 3 of them the same.

It's been years I played them. I recall the 2 people puzzle in Onimusha were kind of fun. I would've liked that in Outbreak.
      Last edited by The_15th; 02-27-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
        Even if it was planned, the support player movement really looks way too similar to that of an AI-controlled character.
        Going by the "commands" in the unused UI on the alpha builds, I'd say two player was NEVER intended and the "co-op" subject that was once spoken of was entirely geared towards an AI partner. When I was doing random junk with the alpha builds, in hopes of finding crap, all I could find was various chase/follow behaviors like the ones later seen in RE2.

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
        they are taking all the 100% confirmed original 1.5 content they can and porting it over to retail for a stable build mod.
        Reeks more of "ME TOO" and that the root of it all was severe butt hurt as a result of 1.5 project seemingly being some sort of exclusive talent pool they weren't invited to dip in

Comment

• me thinks 1.5 was cancelled because it genereated butt hurt inside the company too
          ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkside05 View Post
            Far as I know it's beyond just 'portrait photos' guess we should just wait and see what comes out of it.
            And what are they going to do for the missing rooms? There is no DEBUG in RE2 PC, and for the inventory, they will keep the retail one? When you open the map menu, what will happen? It will show RE2 maps?

Comment

• i do respect the re 1 2 3 community, as a whole one team they could make something awsome, but even then....

our mystery team must have at least one if not more professional coders (the tool creation, c injection) and they gotta have a professional 3d artist at disposal. from older days i remember c2ko was one of the most talented background creator I've seen..... it's a shame that dominon stopped, his was first to set landmark on re modding thing IIRC. I really wanted that mod. In the matter of fact, i still hope it will happen eventually. "darkness" feel from Dark Biohazard...was very unique.

but,.... what would really happen if all the modders / hackers would come together? they could create a whole new authentic game from scratch. and I am getthing spine shakes by thinking that!

with leon voice from re2 ending:
              "Hey, its up to us to never let die old school resident evil tank controls/pre renderd backgrounds!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                I would honestly say I hope that the team wouldn't release their mod tools because of the bullshit they're getting, but then it's not fair for the people who genuinely love to look into the game engine, modifying it and creating tools like MarkGrass who has given a lot to the community. Meh. What you gonna do.
                It may not seem 'fair', but I don't need anyone to create tools for me. ;P

I'm lucky (or, insane?) enough to be at a point where I can easily identify and dis/assemble practically any runtime data available - all I require is the original file data.

My only issue with programming in c/c++, is quickly adapting to unknown API. For example, learning Direct-X, etc... is possible, but I must find the time to sit and read books, etc.

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                Even if it was planned, the support player movement really looks way too similar to that of an AI-controlled character.
                I have agree... that was definitely AI.

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                And what are they going to do for the missing rooms? There is no DEBUG in RE2 PC, and for the inventory, they will keep the retail one? When you open the map menu, what will happen? It will show RE2 maps?
                For argument's sake, it's not impossible to create a proficient debugger.

Missing rooms can easily be added through use of a good debugger, and of course, apps to handle the runtime data.

The inventory can completely redone, in real-time, by modifying the 'STATUS' structure, which literally allows to redefine anything (where/what color/sizeof boxes/opcode routines, etc). That knowledge plus real-time patching can work very well, whereas the only limitation is one's imagination.

Here's a few random test pics I created with Mad Experiment... nothing fancy, just testing the structs:

I guess, the only problem is that no one else seems to be interested enough to 'take it that far'.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• @sonicblue: no real details have been said. ask them yourself ;)

@marvin: making a new game from scratch is something worth getting paid for. the academy evil project and distant memories will push the envelope as far as it will go without doing just that.

also i think people forget the team always planned on pitching their 1.5 to sony.

on a side note: some of you truly are pathetic. resident evil may be about politics to you, but to most of us its just about enjoying the content. the only reason to mod anything is for people to enjoy. and you carnivol are the worst. some owner/admin, your last response is pure propaganda. way to bring our communities together for the love of a game. this is the prejudice bullshit i was talking about.

i only posted info about the mod because someone seemed interested in that kind of an idea, but you get together and gossip about other people over here like its a hobby.

Comment

• If that "box of butthurt" was intended for me, you can take back, Aleff.

I am perfectly at-peace with Team IGAS and their work.

Same can be said for Team96, and their modification.

I have my personal opinion as to which is better, but opinion only matters to the person whom has it. I wish them both the best of luck!

...and the drama has continued, far enough. Yet still, people wonder why it took an entire 15 years for this video game to reach our community... Grow up!
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• I agree. A lot of people are making themselves look very childish and jealous...and it's not DXP at this point.

I will say that it seems kind of...pointless to mod RE2 to work with the original 1.5 areas - after all, we'll likely get the 40% version eventually. It's cool to see it being done, but I was hoping they were planning something somewhat more interesting. Especially given the shit the team received over using RE2 code to complete damaged or unimplemented features.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                          @sonicblue: no real details have been said. ask them yourself ;)
                          Why do I have to ask them myself?

I know that you can swap models and change backgrounds, but then? The masks, have being implemented? Also you are not even working with them, how did you know that they can do all of that?

As MarkGrass said, is it possible to do that stuff, but I'm pretty sure you knew before his reply that it was possible to add DEBUG functions.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                            If that "box of butthurt" was intended for me, you can take back, Aleff.
                            It wasn't for you... it's just an illustrative image on certain users and their attitudes regarding 1.5. While you're at peace with the "IGAS mod" there are other people who aren't...
                            Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                              Why do I have to ask them myself?

I know that you can swap models and change backgrounds, but then? The masks, have being implemented? Also you are not even working with them, how did you know that they can do all of that?

As MarkGrass said, is it possible to do that stuff, but I'm pretty sure you knew before his reply that it was possible to add DEBUG functions.
                              i didn't know. i still don't. you asked here, i said to ask them, they haven't really said any details.

but i do i know how to get RE1&RE3 masks in RE2, so getting them from 1.5 into 2 would only be a matter of time. and that is just for myself, they are better at modding than me.

i just want to play some form of 1.5 without it crashing all over the place. some kind of mini run-through that resembles what was really 1.5 on the disc. a debug function, possible or not, would not be necessary if it was playable. its kind of hard to sit down and play an "unstable mess".
                              Last edited by J0shuaKane; 02-28-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Mark Grass, tel us more about this what you show in your pictures, is this rewritten RE2 engine? It looks very interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X