Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to get Resident Evil: Remaster HD on disc in US/EU

Hello everyone,

As most of you know by now, the formerly GC/Wii exclusive Resident Evil remake (often referred to as REmake) was recently announced for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and PC, with only a physical release planned for the PS3 version in Japan. Well, we'd like to change that, and so does many other Resident Evil fans from various communities. Many of you are collectors or would maybe like to give someone the gift of one of the greatest horror games ever made, so we urge you all to sign this petition. Let's unite together as a community and achieve greatness together!

Who wrote the English part of it? I'm guilty of not proofreading my posts often before hitting post but if this meant to be the voice of however many sign it then someone needs fix that.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

It's the chaps at RECentral (Spanish community) who's set up the petition, so I take it they might've provided the English text too.

Comment

Signed it! =D

Although, I'm not 'really' interested in getting the physical release of a game I have played in many forms and owns both the 'GC' & 'Wii' versions...I signed to support others that might want one, and for myself to have as option if I later crave for a physical copy instead of resorting to buying an import in a language I can't read.

Cheers!

Comment

Cant we do a petition to have the game get REmastered properly with the pre-rendered backgrounds re-rendered in HD and in true widescreen so we don't have to suffer the horrid, one a million chance of viewing and playing anything in 'Tilt-scan'???

Comment

Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
            Cant we do a petition to have the game get REmastered properly with the pre-rendered backgrounds re-rendered in HD and in true widescreen so we don't have to suffer the horrid, one a million chance of viewing and playing anything in 'Tilt-scan'???
            Without the 'Tilt-scan' they would have to crop parts of the backgrounds out and that wouldn't work at all with item and door placements. It was actually clever of them to think of that.

Comment

I'm fine with the GC version, no will to buy the same game again if it doesn't have new content. But signed it for anyone who wants it, hope it gets real and sell well, for the sake of survival.
              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Had some spare time on my hands so I designed a cover for it

Really hope it does get a physical release though...
                Last edited by CODE_umb87; 08-21-2014, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                  Without the 'Tilt-scan' they would have to crop parts of the backgrounds out and that wouldn't work at all with item and door placements. It was actually clever of them to think of that.
                  That's a joke right???

It's all about re-rendering them in actual HD and in true widescreen than this fake shit!

Comment

Well if they did that they'd have to reprogram how the game works with backgrounds and edit camera data like the area when to move onto the next background.
                    It doesn't really bother me. Though it would be nice, thats too much effort for Capcom.

Comment

It really isn't that much effort. I think it is the kind of effort that is needed for this game!

Comment

Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                        It really isn't that much effort. I think it is the kind of effort that is needed for this game!
                        The game was never meant to be in widescreen, it was designed for SDTV's. There is no way to get the entirety of the backgrounds without stretching them.

Comment

Signed. Hopefully they will reconsider.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

I completely agree with CODE...try forcing the game on true 16:9 on the GC 'Devolution' backup loader of a/your jailbroken Wii....it's awful! Everything that isn't static images becomes 16:9 as well as the boundaries that were designed around the 4:3 static images, and the static images stay 4:3. The ink ribbons are floating off the table...and doors placements are not exactly where the 'visible door' is.

At a technical level...yes! It wouldn't work, since the game wasn't designed to be 16:9, so they're doing workarounds & tricks to make it work...they would have to REDO EVERY SINGLE PRE-RENDERED BACKGROUND if you don't want the cropping and auto-tilt camera trick in your game. If we were dealing with actual and fully 3D environments...it would be a much easier job and a whole different story!

Comment

No, it is actually very simple. All you do is just revisit the 3D scenes that were modelled to make the pre-rendered backgrounds and just RE-RENDER them at HD and with a wider frame at 16:9.

No need for cropping or stretching. You also make it sound like it is much long-winded process when in reality this is not the case, all what one has to do is just do it as a batch render, just leave it on, grab a tea/coffee or if it's an overnight process then leave it and sleep!

All the placements of object in the scene DOES NOT have to change, in fact they just stay exactly where they are since the framing of each shot doesn't change itself.

Look more into how the process work, you will then realise how much of a cop-out that Capcom is doing and you're all falling for it. Hence a Petition for them to do a proper job (rather than a hack job/defect product and selling it at full next-gen price) is absolutely adequate.

Comment

Working...
                              X