No announcement yet.

Capcom to Drop Sequel Bombshell at E3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom to Drop Sequel Bombshell at E3 ?

Capcom's President Haruhiro Tsujimoto recently went on record to say that they're not going to approach Western developers for new IP's, rather only for sequels and ports from console to console. Following up on this, Garnett Lee, journalist extraordinaire, made a statement in the latest Weekend Confirmed podcast which goes ..
    "Boy, their E3 bombshell puts that to test. I'm not going to spill it because I don't want to make anyone mad, but boy their E3 bombshell puts that to test."
    Obviously this is all a rumor until proven otherwise, but this goes in line with the recent rumors of Ninja Theory being handed the next Devil May Cry game, or it could be a completely different project. Stay tuned for more on this around E3 time next month.

Capcom Sequel Bombshell, thanks to 5TH SURVIVOR

Maybe it could be that Natal game they teased back in January.
    sigpic

Comment

Could be possible, but I don't see them handing over a sequel to a major franchise on unproven technology just that easily ..

Comment

If it is indeed Resident Evil, then I expect at least some staff departures from CAPCOM. I remember reading an interview where someone of the RE5 developers said that the team was very disappointed about how the company outsourced the cutscenes to Hollywood.

Comment

I still smell DMC5... but maybe Resident Evil Portable could find itself a foreign developer (Climax or Ready At Dawn, maybe, since no one else seems to know how that thing works. I guess RAD is busy with God of War at the moment, but what's Climax up to these days? Rocket Knight's out the door, so I guess they should have something new/secret in their hands)

I mean, everything Capcom's thrown out on the PSP --that isn't Monster Hunter-- has been complete marketing and sales fiaskos. Would seem reasonable that they'd try to reach out to someone who "gets" the PSP (and the west?) to give it a shot on their behalf. Out of the two companies I listed, one's at least a solid PSP developer, I suppose, and the other has proven that it's at least very much capable of capturing the style of the source content.

Comment

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Resident Evil Portable was now Resident Evil Wii, considering the success of the franchise on the console (for the most) and Monster Hunter Tri.

Comment

Hmm this is worrying moment but I dout Resident Evil or Devil May Cry will get the bomb droped on there heads considering there both quiet a success but we caint be too sure but we all know at E3 the shit is going to hit the fan big time.

Comment

I have two words for you guys.

Dino.

Crisis.

....please?

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Resident Evil Portable was now Resident Evil Wii, considering the success of the franchise on the console (for the most) and Monster Hunter Tri.
                  That's also always a very potential possibility.

Comment

Please don't be DMC by Ninja Theory, please don't be DMC by Ninja Theory, please don't be DMC by Ninja Theory...
                    Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 05-19-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                      Please don't be DMC by Ninja Theory, please don't be DMC by Ninja Theory, please don't be DMC by Ninja Theory...
                      Candyman...
                      Candyman...
                      Candyman...!

The bells are ringing.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                        Except I think when Capcom looks at the sales of The Darkside Chronicles, they think, "Wow, Wii owners must really not want anymore Resident Evil" instead of "Wow, Wii owners must really not want another railshooter."

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                        I mean, everything Capcom's thrown out on the PSP --that isn't Monster Hunter-- has been complete marketing and sales fiaskos.
                        I've been saying it since Portable was announced.

"Resident Evil Outbreak: Monster Hunter Edition"
                        Last edited by Archelon; 05-19-2010, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Well I think it wouldn`t hurt to announce another PS3/360 Resident Evil game ... Not actually being RE6 ... They could tell different stories or even bring a next gen RE4 for what I care ... What? I`m no "Idea-Machine"

If they were to bring something for the wii, I would be excited to get something like RE4 , but of course new and original.

I just got DSC and I am pretty happy with it so far ... allthough I think that 2 rail shooters is more then enough, so please Capcom do something more original.

Comment

^They should do an episodic/"chronicles" set for XBLA/PSN. Lost Planet 2 is obviously built in a strange episodic format, Darkside/Umbrella Chronicles is split in short bursts of new and old, Outbreak (to a certain degree), Resident Evil 5 DLC was episodic/fill-ins, and Dead Rising 2 is getting Case Zero on XBLA. Shorter episodes, mixed styles (single player, co-op, classic camera, over-the-shoulder, etc.), and basically stories that didn't need "full" retail games of their own.

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                            Except I think when Capcom looks at the sales of The Darkside Chronicles, they think, "Wow, Wii owners must really not want anymore Resident Evil" instead of "Wow, Wii owners must really not want another railshooter."
                            I dunno what sales are for Darkside Chronicles right now, but I bet they'd think they were roughly thinking the same about Umbrella Chronicles' launch sales too (although they were certainly significantly better than Darkside's)

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                            "Resident Evil Outbreak: Monster Hunter Edition"
                            Resident Evil: Mercenaries / UBCS
                            Last edited by Carnivol; 05-19-2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I'm exspecting RE for the PSP to of been scraped and is being reworked as a launch title for the PSP2
                              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X