No announcement yet.

New Resident Evil 6 Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I think. They can throw RE5 at us like it's their golden child, but the series was just as strong back in the day with the classic game play. Attracting another group in the Call of Duty fan base will only create a blur effect for this franchise to the point where it's not even recognizable. Is it a horror game? Is it an action adventure? Are we challenged by puzzles and obstacles or is this a cover based co-op shooter?

I always thought you leave it to the spin offs in branching out drastic game play and thematic changes. The main series wouldn't suffer from that.

Comment

I think RE4 needed to change things. Sales were dropping, is the sad truth. RE4 has kept the series alive. But, ironically, it's also killed off most of what made the old school fans love the series - it's mutated into a hideous beast intent on world domination through global saturation.

The truth is, RE5 got abused in reviews for the lack of scares. Horror is what made Resident Evil a name. Scrapping it to be more like whatever the latest best seller is a bad plan, because those games are better at what Capcom's trying to do and the unique factor - the horror - has been taken out. I may be wrong, but Gears of War players won't want to play an inferior version of Gears with the Resident Evil logo pasted over the top, and Modern Battlefield players have there latest masterpieces too. Why would they come and take a bite of a pie that is trying to be like the ones they love but isn't as well made when they can go back for seconds and thirds of the good pie?

And now I want pie, damnit.

Comment

Kobayashi said to expect a game that continues with the flow of Resident Evil 4 and 5 while also giving a bit more feeling of horror. The game is not a return to the basics of the series, he said. It keeps the good points of 4 and 5 and shows what's next.
        The problem with this is that the "good points of RE4 and RE5" are entirely subjective. Some people, for example, liked the grid inventory in RE4 and hated the forced AI partner in RE5. Others thought that both games were far too linear (particularly RE5). So what exactly are the "good points?"

They're aiming for the greatest volume in series history.
        Ugh. This usually means more focus on story/dramatic events and thus less on gameplay/exploration. Prepare yourselves for less deep gameplay and more action-packed cut scenes, or boring action-packed gameplay/QTE events. I expect a game that is more linear than RE5, although I'm not sure that's technically even possible.

The game's third main character is meant to be someone young people can relate to.

Sasaki said that because Leon and Chris are veterans, this character is being included in order to have someone younger people can sympathize with. Leon and Chris have a strong sense of justice, and in contrast to this they wanted to have someone who's more of a hero for the now.
        Translation: Leon and Chris are old as shit and this will probably be their last game, since our current fanbase is mainly immature teenagers who love the typical generic shaved-head "badass" mercenary-type character who can pull off ridiculous melee moves as if they're nothing. This demographic relates to this character type because it reminds them of who they think they are in reality.

And if Leon and Chris are considered "old," forget about Jill, Claire, Ada, or any other previous RE female leads. Why do you think they made Jill look like she was 20 in Revelations? Because they realized that she looked too "old" in RE5, of course. Women in their mid-to-late 30s simply don't appear in most video games because the key demographic (see previous paragraph) doesn't find them attractive.

The President shown in the trailer - the one who attacks Leon - is the president who followed Ashley's dad.

Following the Raccoon City incident Leon was recruited as a US government agent by none other than Adam Benford, who would later become the President of the United States.
        This is good news, as it pretty much rules out Ashley returning. It also leads me to believe that the man seen in the RE3 epilogue/DC "Memories of a Lost City" end scene was Adam Benford.

The third main character will also have a partner character, but they're not sharing details yet.
        The immediate forecast reveals a 98% chance of a new character that no one will care about, and a 2% chance of Sherry.

The zombies in the game did not become zombies due to the T-Virus.
        While this is a bummer, I'm just glad to have zombies back. I'm not crazy about them jumping around and using weapons, but it's a start. I do understand that fighting the slow, shambling zombies of the classic RE games with this new gameplay style would be far too easy. I'm kind of concerned, however, that these "zombies" will simply be re-skinned Ganado/Majini.

[Chris] underwent a personal trauma some six months prior to the events depicted in RE6. In spite of this he has rejoined his BSAA colleagues in China to uncover a major bioterrorist attack.
        Probably his team being murdered because of "that bitch," as seen in the trailer. Let's hope it's not the death of a main character, though, like Claire or Jill. Actually, I'd be okay with Jill dying, but not Claire.

They're aiming to make it a Resident Evil that is enjoyable to control, with a revamped control scheme. You'll be able to move slowly left and right while holding your gun, and perform such moves as 180 degree turn, quick front/back/side evade, covering and so forth.

Kobayashi said that they're making the game so that people who've never played an RE game will be able to enjoy themselves.
        Translation: We're dumbing it down even further by copying the best-selling (but certainly not the most original) games of this generation.
        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          And now I want pie, damnit.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_l9stktgcnT1qcnf6a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	400902

No pie for you!

Comment

I don't think Adam Benford is the voice in the final cutscene of 'Memories of a Lost City', Benford seems like Josiah Bartlet. A genuine, well-intentioned man. Bloke at the end of DC? He sounds like an arsehole who manipulated Leon, as opposed to earning his friendship. Pretty sure that Benford was in the U.S. government back in 1998, not sure what role he had back then but chances are he knew about Raccoon City and the decision that was made to bomb the place. He may have even disagreed with it.
            See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
              I don't think Adam Benford is the voice in the final cutscene of 'Memories of a Lost City', Benford seems like Josiah Bartlet. A genuine, well-intentioned man. Bloke at the end of DC? He sounds like an arsehole who manipulated Leon, as opposed to earning his friendship. Pretty sure that Benford was in the U.S. government back in 1998, not sure what role he had back then but chances are he knew about Raccoon City and the decision that was made to bomb the place. He may have even disagreed with it.
              You do have a point. Perhaps the asshole guy in the RE3 epilogue and that DC scene was just some suit who worked under Benford or something. The trailer did seem to imply that over the years, he and Leon developed a good friendship while working together. Oh well, we won't know for a while, I guess.
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I'm going to hazard a guess that Benford served as Vice President in Graham's administration, most certainly worked in his cabinet.
                See you in hell.

Comment

I'm going to guess thaaaat...Capcom is making up the story as they go along and still trying to dig themselves out of the hole that was RE5(storywise).

Comment

So after RE5 someone is willing to accept Jill dying off-screen... again? This trauma better not involve Jill or Claire because it's already been done.
                    Actually Chris losing a team wouldn't make sense either considering he didn't have many issues after leading Jill to her death in LiN.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                      I'm going to guess thaaaat...Capcom is making up the story as they go along and still trying to dig themselves out of the hole that was RE5(storywise).
                      There was nothing in RE5 that would have left it as a "hole". It fits fine in the series. Whether or not you think it's a good story is subjective.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        There was nothing in RE5 that would have left it as a "hole". It fits fine in the series. Whether or not you think it's a good story is subjective.
                        I challenge your opinion!

Comment

Chris' true trauma comes from the defeat of Wesker. after Kijuju he realized that Wesker and him held a special friendship/rivalry that pushed him to the edge. He feels empty now....

Poor CHRIIISSSSSS....

Comment

-----
                            Some new images from the game, mostly HG images from the trailer showing off our Mystery Man and other shots as well as the blonde with him.I'm pretty convinced that shes Sherry now, the hair style is just a little too coincidental...despite the fact shes platnum blonde now.

Comment

I want Leon's jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                                I want Leon's jacket.
                                This is my favorite thing about Leon, honestly. Guy knows how to pick those jackets. I want all of them.
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X