No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still don't see the big deal with the ending. Sure, it was a bit gim... no, it kinda wasn't. The entire game spent its entire duration sealing off every single galaxy wide issue anyone could possibly give a damn about - except from some stuff I honestly don't see how anyone would feel butt hurt over not knowing ... like what kind of windows Tali puts on her first home on Rannoch and what flowers are considered inappropriate at a krogen baptism.

Closure? What exactly wasn't given closure? The entire game pretty much lets you put an end to every major conflict the entire universe has had since you started playing. That's not closure? Boy did I wish I could do something about the Geth, the genophage, cerberus, etc.. back then ... What exactly did you want and where were the people bitching and moaning about the lack of whatever closure's apparently missing in ME3 when ME1-2 came out and didn't provide any of it either? What if some trained monkey suddenly realized that "Hey! Guys! Instead of writing AND THEN THEY FINALLY DIED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!" on every single character, maybe we can use them again for some other ME production?

Sure. The ending was a load of dick and then 45 seconds of your favorite color. Or at least the 5 last minutes of that 40~60 hour long ending was...

Comment

• Well for several years game time a lot of these characters have been fighting the Reapers, I suppose Shepard and Garrus the most, Liara not so much (at all) in ME2. Those three and perhaps whoever didn't get Virmired at the very least didn't really get any closure, fighting all those years, finally win...and we get to see them step out of a crashed ship if we are lucky? Not so much as a clue about how they feel now they don't need fight that battle anymore? What they will do now? Just because the galaxy banded together for the battle doesn't mean they will stay friends, or maybe it does, who knows, because we cetainly do not. Pretty sure the Krogan gonna be pissed off when they discovered my renegade shep faked the cure, or maybe they won't.

Not many of the choices made throghtout ME1 and 2 really matter in ME3 anyway, killed the council? Doesn't matter, they all got copy and paste replacements, destroyed the genophage data? Doesn't matter, can cure it anyway, sure Eve will die but the only difference that makes is a bit less to the ++galaxy support meter. Whoo, Wreave just replaces Wrex perfectly so his death doesn't matter. Hell, you destroy the last Rachni in the galaxy...and another queen just magics out of thin air, only consequence of choices for Rachni is a bit of ++ to galaxy meter again, like anyone cares about it.

This is not closure for your choices, this is ignoring them. All they ended up as was ++ to galaxy meter, and it isn't even needed to get enough for what it is used for.
      Last edited by Dracarys; 04-06-2012, 12:36 AM.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Sure. A lot of "choices" end up as freebie Galaxy Assets, but to say they're not even needed for what it's used for is a tad bit ... ignorant. You need a total of 8000 in war assets if you don't play any multiplayer in order to reach the point where you get to pick an ending where Shep survives.

And, sure, Krogans gonna be pissed if you fake the cure; that's fairly obvious, but do you need the game to spell it out for you one more time? They do a pretty fine job of informing you in the game before you make the decission; fake it and you at least get krogan support and everything indicates they'll hate you for all of eternity and ride thresher maws into black holes in the search for your silly face when the war is over, just so they can have the final say in what Sheps ultimate fate is.

As for Garrus? Sure, maybe his family got raped by rapid space dogs, but if him and Tali are survivors and you weren't cool enough to romance either of them; everything leading up to the final missions indicates they're hooking up together (or at least Garrus' facial antler thingies accidentally gets stuck on Tali's suit ... that happens! Totally!)

You'd be surprised how much is already there. They just spell it out BEFORE you do it, not AFTER you've done it. Sure that doesn't set everything in stone, but you know what? That's totally fine with me, at least with how obvious some of the things they suggest often are and how I've just spent 300++ hours of my life getting to know this universe - I feel like I've got a fairly good idea of how people are, so the moment someone suddenly goes and says "NO NO! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS NOW!", I'll possibly end up feeling like my 300 hour investment in the game and vision of the galaxy's future is suddenly getting overruled by some crybabies who want to know for a fact whether or not EDI magically became capable of holding Joker's child or something and whether or not Liara mourns herself to death if you break her promise of making blue babies. Of course I'm still interested to see what BioWare does with their free "ending DLC" - but I'm also slightly skeptical about how this might ruined a lot of things and close a lot of doors that were better left open.

What'd you want post-ending anyway? Another game disc filled to the brim with voice samples of all possible combinations of survivors talking to Jessica Chobot about what a dick Shepard was/is/could've been?

Comment

• There's a lot of stuff I'd still like to know. Such as;

Spoiler:

I'd love to see more, real choices - but right now I'd settle for the three endings actually being different, and some explaining done so I can at least feel satisfied.
          Last edited by Darkmoon; 04-06-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

• Saw the Jessica Chobot part.

What the fuck is this utterly pointless cunt doing in this game?
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• What's a Jesican Chobot and why should I care?

Comment

• Miranda aside, it's the second last creature with long hair in the human race.
                Additionally, it's also the last human being to suffer from saggy body parts and botox issues in space - in Mass Effect lore, that is. It's all there, between the wrinkles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  What's a Jesican Chobot and why should I care?
                  She plays the reporter with the weird face that goes along with you to the Normandy, I think she works at IGN.

Comment

• See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                      Sure. A lot of "choices" end up as freebie Galaxy Assets, but to say they're not even needed for what it's used for is a tad bit ... ignorant. You need a total of 8000 in war assets if you don't play any multiplayer in order to reach the point where you get to pick an ending where Shep survives.
                      8000 war assets is impossible without multiplayer or one of the shitty apps. Requiring multiplayer in a single-player based campaign is asinine, unheard of, and downright fucking despicable.

There'e really no way to argue that.

As for choices; they don't matter because not only are they (the forces gathered) not even shown on the battlefield, but the galaxy is plunged into a fucking DARK AGE. At best, people will have to rely on 20th century technology to get by, because FTL isn't enough to get everyone back where they belong in a reasonable amount of time. Wrex will never be able to see his kids. The krogan in general will probably kill everyone else orbiting Earth (assuming the mass relay explosion didn't already disable their ships/kill them).

Oh, and then there's the part where your entire crew is trapped on Gilligan's Planet, a place they know nothing about, a place that might not have dextro-compatible foods (which means that Garrus and Tali are guarenteed to die off) and Liara becomes a baby-making machine because it's the only way to repopulate. Yeah, what a grand, hopeful, and uplifting future we have there.

LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE!

EDIT: And let's not forget that the catalyst's circular logic was broken by a quest only a few missions ago. You can make peace between Geth (the created/Synthetics) and the Quarians (the creators/Organics). That completely undermines his entire purpose. Not to mention that the Geth didn't rebel against their creators, their creators tried to slaughter them and they reacted in self-defense. Sorry, but the ending and the catalyst are fucking stupid.

And I thought Chris punching boulders was bad but this just takes it to a whole new level.
                      Last edited by DarkMemories; 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM.
                      A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                        8000 war assets is impossible without multiplayer or one of the shitty apps. Requiring multiplayer in a single-player based campaign is asinine, unheard of, and downright fucking despicable.

There'e really no way to argue that.
                        So BioWare invented a machine that deliberately made me chose to ditch some 100+ worth assets, resulting in me only having 7800+?

Gotcha.

I've seen plenty of people reach 8000 (what's needed for a survival ending / 4000 readiness achievement) without ever touching multiplayer (or the iPad app or facebook apps for that matter). Claiming it's impossible is just a testamony to your playstyle or (lacking) capabilities as a gamer . . . or something along those lines. Beats me. Clearly wasn't there.

Also, as far as what happened to character X and character Y goes ... that's fairly insignificant if you ask me, since they've all pretty much just been representing their species on your crew. Just like Shep's been the humanity frontfigure. "Booo! Wrex didn't get to see his baby." Doesn't really matter to me. What matters is that me, Wrex and Mordin (RIP) cured the Genophage together! How awesome wasn't that? We saved the friggin' Krogans as a species!

Interstellar travel? Surely they'll work something out, soon enough. FTL works and the Reapers clearly ended up getting around without relying 100% on relays. As for being stranded on "Unknown Planet X" - Time to repopulate, I suppose! Or just kick back 'n' chill - hopefully without a MASS EFFECT JR. sequel where their offspring goes on shitty ancient adventures in prothean ruins with their monkey and rhino friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          So BioWare invented a machine that deliberately made me chose to ditch some 100+ worth assets, resulting in me only having 7800+?

Gotcha.

I've seen plenty of people reach 8000 (what's needed for a survival ending / 4000 readiness achievement) without ever touching multiplayer (or the iPad app or facebook apps for that matter). Claiming it's impossible is just a testamony to your playstyle or (lacking) capabilities as a gamer . . . or something along those lines. Beats me. Clearly wasn't there.
                          No, you really didn't. The game has been data-mined and 8000 is simply not possible in singleplayer alone. As a matter of fact, I believe the last count, making perfect decisions throughout the entire series, was something like 7600.

As for not caring about what happens to the characters, I can't help but feel you don't understand why a large majority of the fanbase liked the franchise.

And I find it funny that you felt the need to call me an inept gamer. Insecure much?
                          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Just leave this here...

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                              Insecure much?

Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                                Not new endings. Epilogue/clarification to current (shit) endings. Bioware has stated that: "‎Are we proud of the game we made and the team that made it? Hell yes. Are we going to change the ending of the game? No."

So I say to them: ‎"Am I going to buy any more games or DLC from you? No."

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
                                X