No announcement yet.

New Resident Evil 5 Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully because Chris is in this, we will here something about Jill. In one of the trailers he does say "My last partner was a woman too."

Which I really hope doesn't mean that Jill is dead XD.

Comment

LOL! Better watch your mouth! xD
      Meh, I think he meant that Jill was prettier than this..... well... girl? Sheva... even her name makes me mad xD! Yes, i know... i'm wishing that some files mention her, don't forget that capcom stated (well, they said a lot of things til now) that Chris would have some flashbacks... it's been some years since they last mission together... i don't know... i don't think they need to kill a great and famous character as is Jill, they can't kill her... they would lose a lot of money and hardcore fans and knowing capcom they won't do that because of they money, of course .

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
        LOL! Better watch your mouth! xD
        Meh, I think he meant that Jill was prettier than this..... well... girl? Sheva... even her name makes me mad xD! Yes, i know... i'm wishing that some files mention her, don't forget that capcom stated (well, they said a lot of things til now) that Chris would have some flashbacks... it's been some years since they last mission together... i don't know... i don't think they need to kill a great and famous character as is Jill, they can't kill her... they would lose a lot of money and hardcore fans and knowing capcom they won't do that because of they money, of course .
        Calm down. Jill is the favorite character of the RE creator, if I remember correctly. And up until the bastardized RE4 Leon gathered up all the limelight, Jill Valentine was the most popular / familiar RE character.

As for Chris and Jill's last mission together (that is canon at the moment), we have the Russia operation in 2003. Since then, who knows what Jill has been up to? We don't even know what Chris has been up to in that 5-year time frame. Since RE5 will tell us, I am sure it will explore Jill's exploits as well. Chris and Jill's lives have been pretty intertwined and they are probably best friends (if not more).

Jill is not dead.

Comment

to calm down? What did I say? I was actually joking oO
          Yeah about your thoughts, yep... i'm hoping they throw some information about her i'm not expecting to see her in the game... maybe mercenaries mod?
          Someone who is actually dead, that's Rebecca... we don't know anything about her since RE1... and some kind of report during a game.. but i couldn't care less about her ^^

Comment

to calm down? What did I say? I was actually joking oO
            Yeah about your thoughts, yep... i'm hoping they throw some information about her i'm not expecting to see her in the game... maybe mercenaries mod?
            Someone who is actually dead, that's Rebecca... we don't know anything about her since RE1... and some kind of report during a game.. but i couldn't care less about her ^^
            I wasn't being mean when I said "calm down," I was simply trying to tell you to relax. And I know you were joking, as well, as you used the "XD" smiley thing.

Jill HAS to make an appearance, if only in a flashback. As far as I am concerned, Chris and Jill are "Mr. & Mrs. Resident Evil." The original two. I was happy to see them together again in REUC, but the fact that nothing about their lives from 1998 - 2008 have really been explored, besides the events in CVX and REUC 2003 mission.

Since we're supposed to be getting a glimpse into Chris's life over the past 10 years, surely, SURELY Takeuchi & Co. will tell us what has become of Jill (and Rebecca and Barry).

I doubt Rebecca is dead. It's not like Capcom would just off a significant character. Especially offscreen. Rebecca did have her own game (ZERO), and her own extra missions with Richard in REUC.

Rebecca has a pretty healthy following. Her RE0 model was even based on some famous J-Pop star, too.

I'm almost certain we'll see Rebecca again in the future.

Comment

Gotcha. Well, you're probably right.. but it wouldn't make any sense to bring Jill in this game... it's a pity cause as you said chris and Jill are important in RE. But there's a lead female character already... and like us or not, it's sheeva.

I keep wondering if they planned to bring Jill but they decided Sheva instead... cause i remember that Capcom said that there would be a very well known character from the series that would be also playable and would be the lead female character... if that's not Sherry who could it be then? I don't think Ada... she's pretty popular at the moment... Jill has been seen recently in REUC... did they mean Sherry Birkin?

Comment

Gotcha. Well, you're probably right.. but it wouldn't make any sense to bring Jill in this game... it's a pity cause as you said chris and Jill are important in RE. But there's a lead female character already... and like us or not, it's sheeva.

I keep wondering if they planned to bring Jill but they decided Sheva instead... cause i remember that Capcom said that there would be a very well known character from the series that would be also playable and would be the lead female character... if that's not Sherry who could it be then? I don't think Ada... she's pretty popular at the moment... Jill has been seen recently in REUC... did they mean Sherry Birkin?
                Capcom said something along the lines that "a character familiar to fans would be making a return." Basically it stressed that someone is returning who would not be recognizable except to fans of the series. Which led everyone to believe it was Sherry, as she has aged 10 years and hasn't been seen since RE2 (though mentioned in RE3 epilogue AND Wesker's Report).

As for Sheva...I think she's alright. But she's more of a gameplay gimmick character. Since the RE5 team is so closely following the RE4 framework, they've shifted to the lone hero type of story. To maintain the focus on Chris, and yet include the cooperative gameplay, they simply came up with a partner character. More than likely a one shot partner like Billy or Carlos.

Heck, who knows if Sheva will even live through it all? She may end up dying like Luis Sera.

Comment

Maybe we'll have to wait a little bit more... I don't think that they make a whole mistery plot of that masked woman and then conffirm that it is Ada... she has to be someone else... i got the feeling... Ada wong was confirmed for RE4, few days before it's release... so anything can happen here...

Comment

I do find it odd Rebecca totally disappeared, she's one of my favourite characters, she HAS to come back.
                    Heck, even masked girl could be her; or not, it depends really.
                    But more people are leaning to the masked girl being Sherry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                      I do find it odd Rebecca totally disappeared, she's one of my favourite characters, she HAS to come back.
                      I don't think that Rebecca is coming back to the series - her side of story is over. And as far as we know she is not a member of any bioterrorism organisation like Chris, Leon and Jill.
                      Last edited by aris13; 08-21-2008, 07:28 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I want Ada back! XD Jill should just appear again with her own game.. lol. RE6 perhaps.

Are there news for Claire?

Comment

No, I would really like her to be mentioned, I don't think she will have her own game, now guys are leading almost every game out there... But if the masked woman is Jill it would be shocking... Maybe Wesker did something on her or she's a member of another organization... there are too many posibilities...

Comment

I wish they would confirm that masked girl, blond haired girl and tube girl are all different people. I don't care if I don't find out who they are until they game comes out but it would be nice to know if they are different or the same person.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                              I wish they would confirm that masked girl, blond haired girl and tube girl are all different people. I don't care if I don't find out who they are until they game comes out but it would be nice to know if they are different or the same person.
                              That would be awesome!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

I personall dont thing that masked person is a woman at all. I think it is Wesker. The red eyes makes sence, with him having them in CVX.

Comment

Working...
                                X