Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD Collection's 1.01 patch didn't do anything and Pyarmid Head's cutscene is edited?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't actually reply properly. Im on my phone atm, but the guys who thought the PC and Xbox360 are similar architexture are completeky wrong.
    not only that, I didn't ''copy and pasye'' I had to convert sound files so that person has no idea what he's talking about.
    and whats hilarious is it's been done with SH2 WHICH WAS identical to SH3folder wise, it's the same friggen engine for gods sake, of course it's possible, Konami just threw out a bullshit reason so fansd didnt keep begging for sh3 voices.

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
      Same here! It was definitely loud enough to scare the ever-livin' crap out of me when I first played the game back in the day! Great job on the list, I can verify all the 360 issues you brought up. Couple things I can add: (All 360 version)
      Thanks, I tried! I wanted to be as detailed as much as possible

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
      I can't actually reply properly. Im on my phone atm, but the guys who thought the PC and Xbox360 are similar architexture are completeky wrong.
      not only that, I didn't ''copy and pasye'' I had to convert sound files so that person has no idea what he's talking about.
      and whats hilarious is it's been done with SH2 WHICH WAS identical to SH3folder wise, it's the same friggen engine for gods sake, of course it's possible, Konami just threw out a bullshit reason so fansd didnt keep begging for sh3 voices.
      I'm really not surprised that those people are wrong. Some people seem to think it's a simple thing to do, but you're possibly right about them not taking the time to implement the old voices in the HD Collection. If that's the case, I'm gonna be severely disappointed in that..

Comment

You can tell this collection was just slapped together, tbh I expect that they wanted to just port the games, release them then drop all support.
        This was all for a quick buck and is essentially degrading to the fans and the series itself, pathetic. On other news I learnt yesterday that the reason Silent Hill 4 wasn't included was because it wasn't what fans would've wanted to see, or something like that. Really annoying because I do like SH4 and it would've been a welcome. (Had they even programmed everything right and the port didn't have any issues) Can't throw another game onto an incompetent company to port can you though?

Comment

The Room gets off easy. It doesn't have to be connected to this shoddy collection.

Comment

SH4 was crap. These are meant to be 'HD Classics' not 'HD moneygrabs of the past'
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by MeanBob View Post
              Wow, after playing them side by side like that, I didn't realize how much more of the actual video was cropped to hell, let alone seconds of the transition to what James really did has been edited before it gets to that point...
              The more I see of this HD collection...the less I want it.

I do like SH4 as opposed to popular belief....well, the game not being here is another reason why I'm not picking this HD collection up until it drops to like $10 or less.

I'm pretty disappointed overall, I can sympathize with the fans...and my avatar, lol.
              Last edited by Kaneco; 03-31-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Christ, this just gets worse and worse doesn't it? I was considering trying the SH HD Collection but not at this point, not after what I've seen and heard. Still find it amazing but not entirely surprising for IGN to rate it a 9.0, when it suffers from worse issues than the Splinter Cell HD Collection - which they awarded a 6.5. I think they were trying to make a point about the original games being superior to newer releases, yet ultimately ended up looking like tits because of the fact that the SH HD Collection is technically flawed and broken. When reviewing a game, you have to review it as a product as well as an experience.

Something might have an exceptional story but have technical issues that hamper the gameplay. IGN clearly dismissed all that in favour of a "old games are better than new games!" mantra, a statement that seems to resonate well with a lot of gamers today, especially those in the survival horror community who yearn for a return to those classic days. So yes, I won't be picking this up I'm afraid. I'll keep with my PS2 copy of SH2, the Limited Edition. However, the casual disregard for such an esteemed series has me concerned about future HD collections, in particular the Zone of the Enders HD Collection. Konami had better not fuck that up.
                Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-31-2012, 10:38 PM.
                See you in hell.

Comment

HD collection quality is hit and miss. Anything Sony related is top quality, is the other companies that have issues. Is like they do not want to put in the work.

From what I've played RE4 HD and Prince of Persia Warrior Within are the two worst, though perhaps the SH games take that crown. Warrior Within has major game breaking bugs that can occur.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    Christ, this just gets worse and worse doesn't it? I was considering trying the SH HD Collection but not at this point, not after what I've seen and heard. Still find it amazing but not entirely surprising for IGN to rate it a 9.0, when it suffers from worse issues than the Splinter Cell HD Collection - which they awarded a 6.5. I think they were trying to make a point about the original games being superior to newer releases, yet ultimately ended up looking like tits because of the fact that the SH HD Collection is technically flawed and broken. When reviewing a game, you have to review it as a product as well as an experience.

Something might have an exceptional story but have technical issues that hamper the gameplay. IGN clearly dismissed all that in favour of a "old games are better than new games!" mantra, a statement that seems to resonate well with a lot of gamers today, especially those in the survival horror community who yearn for a return to those classic days. So yes, I won't be picking this up I'm afraid. I'll keep with my PS2 copy of SH2, the Limited Edition. However, the casual disregard for such an esteemed series has me concerned about future HD collections, in particular the Zone of the Enders HD Collection. Konami had better not fuck that up.
                    I'm not worried about that HD set because what they'll have that the Silent Hill HD Collection didn't is Bluepoint. Hijinks couldn't back up their involvement based on their resume' of making mobile titles. Bluepoint on the other hand is responsible for such HD conversions as God of War, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Sure the MGS HD collection wasn't 100% to its potential, but when compared to SH:HD you might as well count your blessings on that one that they managed to get a team who knows the process better. Kojima Productions keep Konami looking like a respectable company these days.

EDIT: I was informed that it's not 100% confirmed yet that Bluepoint is still collaborating with Kojima Productions. It looks as though we'll have to wait and see. What is confirmed is both MGS and ZoE HD will make use of "Transfarring" so you can transfer your saved data to both console and hand held releases (Peace Walker for PSP, MGS 2 & 3 and ZoE 1 & 2 will be released on Vita).
                    Last edited by Smiley; 04-01-2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                      Sure the MGS HD collection wasn't 100% to its potential, but when compared to SH:HD you might as well count your blessings on that one that they managed to get a team who knows the process better.
                      You're absolutely right about that for damn sure when compared to SH: HD Collection

Honestly, that's the only other time I ever heard that MGS HD was pretty damn good, despite flaws and not exactly "100%". Thing is, I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right places, but I haven't seen anyone complain about it. Not saying that I don't believe you, but can you go into some detail about that?

Comment

Originally posted by MeanBob View Post
                        You're absolutely right about that for damn sure when compared to SH: HD Collection

Honestly, that's the only other time I ever heard that MGS HD was pretty damn good, despite flaws and not exactly "100%". Thing is, I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right places, but I haven't seen anyone complain about it. Not saying that I don't believe you, but can you go into some detail about that?

Aside from that there's minor annoyances or nitpicks that fans like myself will catch, but most people wouldn't.

They added "Konami Present" in the opening which causes the rest of the intro to be out of sync to the musical accompaniment.

Then you have misspelled names and bugs that feature a lack of... well, bugs!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bug-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-mgs2-gorge-sears.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	400959

Click image for larger version

Name:	2KTNZ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	400960

Add to that, some features have been removed that were present on earlier copies of Substance and Subsistence.

MGS2 for copyright reasons have taken out the skateboard game.

With MGS3 in particular they lack most of the content on the second disc. Secret Theater was removed. Another copyright issue has meant Snake vs. Monkey had to be taken out. The original Metal Gear Online is understandable to an extent (MGS4's MGO is shutting down) but to remove boss survival is upsetting. "Snake's Nightmare" from the campaign was also taken out along with the hilarious codec conversations that followed it despite trailers showing specific scenes of it in HD.

These however are minor in contrast to Silent Hill. For one, the European glitch happens by doing a specific task on a specific location. With SH:HD the glaring problems are constant all over even though I personally never had to restart my game despite them. There was a patch for Peace Walker, however it was a universal one so PS3 users in North America who had the option to return to the menu and select another game have the feature removed from Peace Walker only. Reason for that was laziness because Peace Walker HD was sold separately in Japan where as in North America and Europe the game is included with MGS 2 and 3. You're also only getting two SH games where as MGS has three main MGS titles along with the two original MSX Metal Gears that were added with MGS3. That's five metal gear games. So of course I'd choose that over Silent Hill.

The sad thing here is I gave the HD Collection a chance. I was not impressed with the idea of new voice work, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt when they added the original SH2 actors back in and said they couldn't for SH3. I could even get over a few bugs and some minor frame rate drops since Downpour proved to be entertaining despite its technical shortcomings. What I cannot believe is that the HD collection was constantly delayed, and for what? Laziness in its final release.
                        Last edited by Smiley; 04-03-2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I was trying for ages to work out what wasn't sitting right with me on that intro... I knew something was different but couldn't put my finger on it. Such a simple change and it has such a big impact on it. LOL

Does that attachment with the sea lice happen every time? I remember reading that sometimes they don't appear and other times they do. Same with something to do with the ropes the soliders use in the opening to come off the helicopters not always appearing.

Regarding the nightmare minigame, whats more saddening is the codec conversation with Paramedic is still in there where she talks about Vampires when you go save and is the reason for the nightmare to take place. Why that wasn't included but shown in that trailer is odd but maybe they had some technical problems that held it back from being able to be included. I'm surprised no one has asked Kojima about it yet.

The loss of the Skateboarding isn't a great deal, it was a glorified demo for Konami's terrible skating game.... but isn't the Demo Theater in MGS2? There is a trophy for changing Solidus to Rose in the game in the final cutscene. I know they removed the Secret Theater in MGS3, but thats probably because those scenes were pre-rendered. Which was a shame too because they were frickin awesome.

Those European glitches are entirely down to playing the HD game in Standard Def too, which is just obviously a poor overlook no one thought about. As I mentioned it also affects 2 trophies in Snake Eater. Snake Eater's frame rate occassionally chugs in places (although the fact it's faster than it's been before obviously thats not bad), and in the occassional cutscene water reflection textures act weird. MGS2 still suffers slowdown in the same places the PS2 one did as well. You can force that in the holds in the tanker if you use the tranq rounds on all the marines for example.

It's likely going to be Bluepoint doing ZOE, if it's not Kojima would use Genki who did the Peace Walker HD edition. He's too controlling of stuff with his name on it to let something like the SHHD debacle take place. I think people have been quite pissed that Konami probably could have waited on the SH set and gotten Bluepoint to do it with a better outcome.

The one HD set that has surprised me so far was the Tomb Raider one, a friend of mine purchased it for cheap and I had a go at it. One game was already obviously a PS3 title but the 2 PS2 ones were quite well done. Nothing as good as GoW or anything, but much better than they probably deserved. lol
                          Last edited by Rombie; 04-01-2012, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                            I was trying for ages to work out what wasn't sitting right with me on that intro... I knew something was different but couldn't put my finger on it. Such a simple change and it has such a big impact on it. LOL

Does that attachment with the sea lice happen every time? I remember reading that sometimes they don't appear and other times they do. Same with something to do with the ropes the soliders use in the opening to come off the helicopters not always appearing.

Regarding the nightmare minigame, whats more saddening is the codec conversation with Paramedic is still in there where she talks about Vampires when you go save and is the reason for the nightmare to take place. Why that wasn't included but shown in that trailer is odd but maybe they had some technical problems that held it back from being able to be included. I'm surprised no one has asked Kojima about it yet.

The loss of the Skateboarding isn't a great deal, it was a glorified demo for Konami's terrible skating game.... but isn't the Demo Theater in MGS2? There is a trophy for changing Solidus to Rose in the game in the final cutscene. I know they removed the Secret Theater in MGS3, but thats probably because those scenes were pre-rendered. Which was a shame too because they were frickin awesome.

Those European glitches are entirely down to playing the HD game in Standard Def too, which is just obviously a poor overlook no one thought about. As I mentioned it also affects 2 trophies in Snake Eater. Snake Eater's frame rate occassionally chugs in places (although the fact it's faster than it's been before obviously thats not bad), and in the occassional cutscene water reflection textures act weird. MGS2 still suffers slowdown in the same places the PS2 one did as well. You can force that in the holds in the tanker if you use the tranq rounds on all the marines for example.

It's likely going to be Bluepoint doing ZOE, if it's not Kojima would use Genki who did the Peace Walker HD edition. He's too controlling of stuff with his name on it to let something like the SHHD debacle take place. I think people have been quite pissed that Konami probably could have waited on the SH set and gotten Bluepoint to do it with a better outcome.

The one HD set that has surprised me so far was the Tomb Raider one, a friend of mine purchased it for cheap and I had a go at it. One game was already obviously a PS3 title but the 2 PS2 ones were quite well done. Nothing as good as GoW or anything, but much better than they probably deserved. lol
                            The lack of lice is only in the PS3 version. My brother has the HD Collection on 360, and the lice are there. This is another sad case of the 360 version prevailing. I will say I prefer playing MGS3 on the dualshock 3 because of its pressure sensitive buttons when you perform cqc or throat slitting. On 360 the layout is different and you need to click the analog for instance to do some of these moves.

Upon further checking I realized that I made a mistake. The secret theater from MGS3 was removed. The demo theater from MGS2 is in tact.

Comment

The achievement list for the 360 version is incomplete, there are achievements missing which are in the PS3 version. Just another thing I've noticed.

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                              Upon further checking I realized that I made a mistake. The secret theater from MGS3 was removed. The demo theater from MGS2 is in tact.
                              I'm glad you checked it though, someone else might have gotten it wrong.
                              Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 04-01-2012, 04:50 AM.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Does Snake Eater 3DS keep the vampire nightmare? Kojima actually worked on that one right?

Comment

Working...
                                X