Degeneration Interview with Hiroyuki Kobayashi & Makoto Kamiya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    No offense but Leon and Ada is probably more cliche than Leon and Claire. Look at what Ada does: She is a professional backstabber possibly working for something worse than Umbrella. You honestly think Leon would be all happy go lucky about that? Of course...with Leon's super hero powers, he'd do exactly what rabid L/A fangirls want and change her completely into a good girl, thus ruining Ada completely.
    I never said I wanted a happy go lucky romance for Leon and Ada. I love the fact that they can never have a normal life. I love the fact that Leon can't change Ada into a good girl. That's what's so interesting about the pairing! There's really nothing cheesy about it. Cheesy is Leon/Claire, as much as I like Claire, Hero and Heroine is so played out even more than Hero and Femme Fatale.

Though I'm not exclusively a Leon/Ada fan, I'm also a fan of Ada/Wesker. I find it dark and dangerous.

*sigh*

And if you look at any good action movie or story, there's always a romantic element, whether its lust, attraction, physical, or love. I would hate for Resident Evil to turn into a 'cheesy romance', but sometimes good plots need the big 'L' word. Love.

Comment

Resident Evil already has a prevalent LOVE theme...zombies LOVE brains.

Why do I hear groans and crickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
        Resident Evil already has a prevalent LOVE theme...zombies LOVE brains.

Why do I hear groans and crickets?
        You hear groans because zombies cant talk.

Originally posted by vogue_dirge View Post
        I never said I wanted a happy go lucky romance for Leon and Ada. I love the fact that they can never have a normal life. I love the fact that Leon can't change Ada into a good girl. That's what's so interesting about the pairing! There's really nothing cheesy about it. Cheesy is Leon/Claire, as much as I like Claire, Hero and Heroine is so played out even more than Hero and Femme Fatale.

Though I'm not exclusively a Leon/Ada fan, I'm also a fan of Ada/Wesker. I find it dark and dangerous.

*sigh*

And if you look at any good action movie or story, there's always a romantic element, whether its lust, attraction, physical, or love. I would hate for Resident Evil to turn into a 'cheesy romance', but sometimes good plots need the big 'L' word. Love.
        The thing is...not everyone has to end up with someone. The only romance I can see is between Chris and Jill since they've actually spent a good deal of time together. With Leon being a player and Ada being...well not so loyal, I can see the pair working out well...on the Jerry Springer show as they both parade their more obese, redneck lovers with them and everyone has fights while audience members flash everyone.
        Last edited by Bertha; 08-07-2008, 12:56 AM.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I know not everyone has to end up with someone, and I'm not asking for that. If that happend than Resident Evil would be more like the show FRIENDS where everyone settles down and has babies.

The thing is, I write Fan Fiction, so I look into this crap probably more than I should.

But I so understand where you are coming from Rosetta, so pleae don't think one of those insane RE shippers.

:]

Regardless if Ada is or isn't in this film, I'm still gonna see it. I'm still gonna buy it. Why? Because Im, in essence, a Resident Evil fan.

Comment

Leon had to choke a bitch ( in a red dress) ahaha yea Las Plagas excuse works all the time. Anyways, I believe that this story will be damn good, way better then the movies, ( I like the movies, but not as related to RE cannon wise) so yea it looks really good!

Comment

I know not everyone has to end up with someone, and I'm not asking for that. If that happend than Resident Evil would be more like the show FRIENDS where everyone settles down and has babies.

The thing is, I write Fan Fiction, so I look into this crap probably more than I should.

But I so understand where you are coming from Rosetta, so pleae don't think one of those insane RE shippers.

Regardless if Ada is or isn't in this film, I'm still gonna see it. I'm still gonna buy it. Why? Because Im, in essence, a Resident Evil fan.
              It's ok. I do understand. I've just had a lot of run ins with the fanatical shippers. They dont even like to consider a different possiblity. Of course...people that create their own characters for actual ones is even worse. -_-

I'm buying it as well....and if they had a special edition of it, I'd buy that too. I wish I was lucky enough to be in Japan to see it on the big screen.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

thatd be so sickk if ada and leon were in it...but if i have to hear stupid ashley yell "leon!" one more time im gonna shoot my tv..

Comment

The thing is, I write Fan Fiction
                  Well there's your problem.

No no, I'm kidding.

I cosplay, so I can't really talk. XD

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                    Well there's your problem.

No no, I'm kidding.

I cosplay, so I can't really talk. XD
                    Cosplay is fun!

Its like Halloween for grown ups with nothing better to do

if they had a special edition of it, I'd buy that too
                    I hope Degeneration has a bunch on bonus features too. It would be cool to get a behind the scenes making-of segments.

Also didn't Capcom state that we would learn what the others have been up to? I think it would make sense if they included mini-CGI movies for each of the other characters. Kind of like the RE3 epilogues.

Comment

We keep the Milla Jovovich films on the side because they're not connected. The thing is, when we came up with the idea of a CGI feature film, we wanted to do something that would be a sequel to the video games. With Leon and Claire appearing in this, this would obviously be a sequel to Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4 which features Leon.
                      I like how he mentions Leons game but not Claires. No new gamers are going to recognize Code Veronica, so why mention it? But of course everybody knows RE4.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonsBuddyDave View Post
                        I like how he mentions Leons game but not Claires. No new gamers are going to recognize Code Veronica, so why mention it? But of course everybody knows RE4.
                        Nice point. CV was much more important to the series in my opinion. Poor Claire...she always seems to get pushed aside, even in CV. Once Chris arrived it was a completely different game.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Hopefully this movie with do Claire justice and not be all about Leon. It seems that she was kinda done with the Re universe so its nice to see her back in the mix.

Comment

Working...
                          X