Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently Seen Films

Since there is a thread for favorites films, I've decided to start my first thread. And since I'm am a movie guy, I'll start one about film. Just post any recent films you've just seen and if you liked them or not. I'll go first.

No Country For Old Men- Bought it on DVD, saw it again, brilliant.
    Fracture- I missed it in theaters so I bought it on DVD and it exceeded my expectations. Good acting by Hopkins and Gosling (fan of both).
    Diary of the Dead- While not good Romero, average Romero is better than most
    Hitman- Garbage stopped watching it after an hour.
    Funny Games- I love Naomi Watts. I would marry her. And as much as I tried to like the film I didn't like it. That "Click" twist was weak storytelling.

Pretty bad for a Film Graduate, I really haven't been bothered to watch anything new.
    Watched No Country for Old Men, thought it was great bar the ending.
    Recently got 3:10 to Yuma on DVD, was pretty good.
    Also picked up the entire Miyazaki collection on DVD, friends got irritated with me borrowing them all the time.

Comment

Videodrome - Was....weird, and then it just kicked you in the balls with the ending, i really hate films that cut off before what you'd expect to be the end

Comment

i saw no country for old men as well, what's the name of that gun that guy has? oh and my ex told me to see atonement so i saw it, it was really good!!

Comment

I hate anything with Keira Knightley in it, Atonement was almost as dull as meeting her a couple of weeks ago. *My uncle is a farmer and takes goods to a farmers market she frequents in the weekends in London*

Comment

Joshua - Like the Omen, but the kid has nothing to do with the devil, he's just evil and the show is boring and stupid. It was in the newly released movies in some video store. Avoid it. When you get to the end of the movie, you think "How much of my life did I just waste!!???" and "That's not a good ending?".

Grindhouse Presents PlanetTerror - Not my style. To me it's very stupid. And the barbecue guy disgusts me. And Rose McGowan has a gun that shoots bullets and missiles for a leg? Most idiotic thing I've seen in this decade. That would probably work in the 1950's, but I just find it very dumb.

The Quiet - I like it.

Comment

While I don't think Kiera Knightley is that bad, I wouldn't watch Atonement. Not my cup of tea. 3:10 to Yuma was a great film, but then again as long as it's Christian Bale I'm happy. And Planet Terror but then again it's not a film for everyone but I've seen and love those Exploitation flicks.

Comment

I watched Alien VS Predator 2 last night.
                Wasn't as terrible as I was dreading. I found it much more enjoyable than the first. Still not a really good film though.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey. puma1!

Funny Games the remake is a bit crappy, I don't blame you for disliking it. I like Naomi Watts to! Try and track down the original if you can. It's a deeply affecting film, extremely unnerving. Not entirely enjoyable to watch really, but great film making and riveting to the end.

Funny Games (1997) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119167/

Yeah, who mentioned Keira Knightley!? What a total bore she is. Scrawny, wirey frame, more like a boy than a women. How she can be classed as a sex symbol is beyond me!1??//
                  Last edited by en masse murder; 03-29-2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

yea she is really scrawny, but that's not why i liked it. i liked the story.

i just finished seeing memento not too long ago, it was good

Comment

Watched 10,000 B.C., REALLY bad, such a waste opf money

Comment

The Condemned, switch your brain off for 2 hours and enjoy.
                        Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

If you think Keira Knightley is scrawny, she's even more horiffic in person.

Comment

1. Nothing But Trouble: Awesome pure unadulterated awesome
                            2. Diary of the Dead: Very shallow. ok for a B movie
                            3. Doomsday: Testosterone condensed into movie format. Very insane and entertaining film.

Comment

I just watched the King of Kong. Very good insight into the world of video game high scores.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X