Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alzaire, do you happen to know if the baby crocodiles and/or the giant crocodile are in this build? and what about the different forms of Birkin? is the "Sherry" screaming, steel-pipe swinging form the only one on the disc or are there other mutations present as well?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	BH_1.5_comparison_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	401390

It can still be fake, but be serious guys, how someone could even match the camera angle, focal length, lighting, textures, etc.

You don't know how hard is to match the texture pattern of something like the floor, then you have to match all the lights position and lastly you have to use this (if you can find a copy of it):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Softimage_3.7_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	401391

You obviously have to learn how to use it, you know that the menus doesn't close automatically if you click outside of the window, you have to close it with Esc or with the EXIT POPUP, a different workflow from the current softwares, so good luck with that.

They used Mental Ray or the standard Softimage|3D renderer?

Just to make fun of the BioHazard 1.5 community it's too much I think.

Comment

• @SonicBlue , You're very right my friend !
        Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
        ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
          I have extracted and repacked RDT's before, and never did I find any EMD's unless I was missing something? The RDT's only contain data that relates to either an enemy or a AI partner if applicable which references said EMD. But the PLD's and EMD's themselves are stored in completely different folders than where the RDT files are located.
          Correct and wrong at the same time. RDTs do store a lot of data, more than documented on the RE Wiki, that's for sure. Try opening an RDT with some TIM ripping tools and you'll magically have textures of static objects that can be picked around the room. These objects are not found anywhere else on disk, they are not part of PLDs or the EMS archives (which are only a contained to EMD models and TIM textures), but they are definitively stored as EMD data, which uses the same 3D mesh format as PLD and EMS streams.

So how in the hell would an "RDT Editor" *cough* EMD Viewer*cough* for 1.5 even surface from when it has taken us several years to crack these file formats for for all 3 RE games on the PC? Let alone one that works for a PS1 game? My only guess is these gentlemen had RE1.5 for several years now, coded a model viewer / room editor, for whatever reasons named it "RDT Editor" instead of just "Resident Evil 2 Prototype Editor" and kept it for themselves.
          Or the person creating the RDT Editor is a highly skilled programmer? The PlayStation is such an old console; creating a viewer for lowpoly stuff with simple formats isn't the hardest trick to pull.

Only that you still need to get your EMD's to TMD which is VERY simple to do and Enrico Marini has been doing it for 10 years now.
          Wow, the RE2 community is still working with EMD->TMD->EMD converters? Weird how nobody ever wrote an actual exporter to 3DS Max's format, or even Maya's. But I guess it never evolved into something a little more usable because of conversion complexity (which ain't that much complex in reality).
          Last edited by Gemini; 06-21-2012, 09:48 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• I'm a little confused. Is this supposed to be a certain 1.5 build without tampering, or will there be some modifications? I'm pretty new to what 1.5 was, but so far (18 pages later) I'm not really following what exactly is going on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              Correct and wrong at the same time. RDTs do store a lot of data, more than documented on the RE Wiki, that's for sure. Try opening an RDT with some TIM ripping tools and you'll magically have textures of static objects that can be picked around the room. These objects are not found anywhere else on disk, they are not part of PLDs or the EMS archives (which are only a contained to EMD models and TIM textures), but they are definitively stored as EMD data, which uses the same 3D mesh format as PLD and EMS streams.

Or the person creating the RDT Editor is a highly skilled programmer? The PlayStation is such an old console; creating a viewer for lowpoly stuff with simple formats isn't the hardest trick to pull.

Wow, the RE2 community is still working with EMD->TMD->EMD converters? Weird how nobody ever wrote an actual exporter to 3DS Max's format, or even Maya's. But I guess it never evolved into something a little more usable because of conversion complexity (which ain't that much complex in reality).
              I was just to send a PM to Ketsui asking him if in this project there was involved SadNES cITy, I Figli di Gaucci or Gemini/Devil Hackers, so, are you that Gemini?

Comment

• That's me, yes, I'm the owner of Devil Hackers. As for the other two groups you named (which I'm not related to, btw), I doubt either SadNES cITy or I Figli di Gaucci are involved with the leaked screens; I'm not even sure how somebody could think they are in any way related. Just to make it clear: what you named are translation groups, which are never involved with this kind of hacking as their only task is to change messages while patching text routines whenever necessary.
                Last edited by Gemini; 06-21-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                  Just to make fun of the BioHazard 1.5 community it's too much I think.
                  Ever met the Sonic prototype fanbase? "Trolling" them is an e-sport the size of Starcraft in Korea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    That's me, yes, I'm the owner of Devil Hackers. As for the other two groups you named (which I'm not related to, btw), I doubt either SadNES cITy or I Figli di Gaucci are involved with the leaked screens; I'm not even sure how somebody could think they are in any way related. Just to make it clear: what you named are translation groups, which are never involved with this kind of hacking as their only task is to change messages while patching text routines whenever necessary.
                    I thought about them, since the picture leaked was from an Italian guy and there was an information about a translation too, this led me to think about SadNES cITy, which recently have fixed some "legacy" bugs of Final Fantasy VII PSX , but yes, what you said make sense as they (along with the other Italian translation gro usually don't do modding stuff.

Comment

• The bugs you're referring to are probably the one(s) fixed by my M-Def bugfix, which SadNES cITy used for their italian translation of the PSX build.
                      Last edited by Gemini; 06-21-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
                        I'm a little confused. Is this supposed to be a certain 1.5 build without tampering, or will there be some modifications? I'm pretty new to what 1.5 was, but so far (18 pages later) I'm not really following what exactly is going on here.
                        The guy claimes to have a copy of 1.5, he released high quality images that we have never seen before.... he then also said to be modding the 1.5 to make it more "complete" if you will.

Comment

• I love guessed speculation. I did read the facebook discussion and the guy who leaked the pictures never claimed to own a copy, so how could have he even modded something he doesn't have? Then again, some people in the RE2 community consider PlayStation hacking like computer science Voodoo; I see a connection.
                          Last edited by Gemini; 06-21-2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                            The guy claimes to have a copy of 1.5, he released high quality images that we have never seen before.... he then also said to be modding the 1.5 to make it more "complete" if you will.
                            As Gemini said, the guy don't own the game. He owns only a bunch of screenshots neither more nor less
                            ケツイ~絆地獄たち~

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              Ever met the Sonic prototype fanbase? "Trolling" them is an e-sport the size of Starcraft in Korea.
                              One thing is faking a 2D sprite, and another is to recreate a 3D rendered environment.

Originally posted by Gemini
                              The bugs you're referring to are probably the one(s) fixed by my M-Def bugfix, which SadNES cITy used for their italian translation of the PSX build.
                              Oh, yeah, reading it again they said that you fixed it (I just vaguely remembered something about an armour bug from when I read it on Clomax website on January), so I've to thank you, and not only for the armour bug

Comment

• Ok, as someone already mentioned this - it's a bit confusing at this point as to what's going on.

The Italian guy has a certain 1.5 build and is working on "enhancing" that version and then releasing it online.

But then people say that in the original Facebook's post he claimed to never have the game, only some screenshots...

Or wait... maybe the guy who posted the pics on Facebook is someone who doesn't have the build, but he knows someone who does and is going to release it.
                                Is that what it is?

Comment

Working...
                                X