Resident Evil 6 - Public Demo now available on PSN and LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
    I loved the demo, already i feel like this game is going to be tougher to beat than RE5. I dont know why but its also a lot harder to aim in this game. No idea why. As for the scenarios Leons is brilliantly nostalgic, Chris' campaign was gears of war and jakes campaign was pretty fun.
    I will admit Chris' campaign was my least faveourite, but from what ive scene in the trailers it looks like his story line could be really interesting, so I'll reserve judgement.
    you make good point i just didn't like the feel for Chris's part but still we have not seen much of it. Leons is very nostalgic and more appealing to me but you are right it's too early to judge

Comment

first time in 7 years, where i could care less about pre-ordering an RE title. and the only reason why i am, is for the free umbrella and t-shirt. if it wasn't for the physical bonuses, this shit would be bargain bin to me. the demo was....just a demo. neither impressive nor unimpressive. played only leon's part. don't really care to play the others.
      Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by CRedfield98 View Post
        Downloaded the demo earlier today. My first impression was that there is going to be a ton to get used to. I didn't really like that I couldn't pause the game for any reason what so ever. Like I have to take a piss or I want to eat something while I am playing, you're telling me I could get killed?
        you can only pause with the start button (in single player mode)

im really enjoying the demo. Leon's is my favorite and Chris's is my least, and yeah it does annoy me that single player mode cannot pause while managing items or even going into options but there is one more thing that bothers me..

i noticed that the demo cannot go split-screen oh god...i am hoping the full version of the game has split-screen, i wont be able to play with my brothers and friends if not

Comment

I finally got a chance to play it this weekend.
          I really liked the Leon part. The other two not so much. I didn't really need to use cover or anything - but I'm sure in the full game players will have to. Hopefully it's explained well, because I have no idea how to use it; and when I went into cover it was just really frustrating.

Also didn't like that I could only turn all HUD on or off. I wanted to have the ammo display etc. but not the objective marker. I opted to play without the HUD, and it was good. But I found myself out of ammo with each character at least once (then I realised Chris and Sherry have more than 1 gun..)
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah the cover system is complete, without a better word, balls. You have to hold down aim and the contexual button beside the object you want to hide behind. If you let go of aim, you stand back up. I honestly couldn't figure out any reason for the cover other than, well ocassionally not getting shot in Chris' demo, mostly just to work out where enemies are while you take some time to plan an attack. The mutated J'avo anyway can pull you out too (as the trailers showed), and enemies can also attack from behind while you've focused on whats in front.... So I found you're mostly better off running and gunning and combo attacking enemies than hiding and shooting anyway. I'm not sure that will change in the final game, unless there are bottlenecks that artifically force you to use cover.

Comment

I've said it before, but dammit, I'll say it again. The cover system should just go. It is completely useless and utterly cumbersome.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

i just learned the full game will have split-screen.. thank god

Comment

Originally posted by Joey3264 View Post
                  i just learned the full game will have split-screen.. thank god
                  That's good news indeed! Now I hope that Capcom doesn't screw it by using RE5's splitscreen...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

unfortunately it will have RE5's split-screen

but it wont bother me that much because I have a very big TV screen
                    but after watching this now im worried sharing items might be a hassle (i hope not)

Comment

Oh... That sucks. Oh well it's better having a bizarre split screen than nothing at all (ORC I'm looking at you ¬¬).

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

What's so "bizarre" about the type of split-screen Capcom does?
                        I'd like to see some suggestions to how they should "fix/change" it ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          What's so "bizarre" about the type of split-screen Capcom does?
                          I'd like to see some suggestions to how they should "fix/change" it ;D
                          To keep it simple, with Resident Evil, Capcom does this:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I don't know why they chose this layout, but I'm pretty sure it's going to give you eyesores if you don't have a big screen... There's so much wasted space that could be used for a better FOV.

Now let's see how other co-op games handle splitscreen:

Gears of War:

Spoiler:

Splinter Cell: Conviction
                          Spoiler:

Borderlands:
                          Spoiler:

Kane & Lynch 2:

Spoiler:

Those use a bigger area for each player, either horizontal or vertical work... I can't see why RE can't benefit of having a different splitscreen layout.

Comment

Hey! At least a meaty post and not just a "USE THE FULLS CREEN!!!" cry ;D (I really was fishing for that)

Anyway;
                            What Capcom's method does is;
                            -Maintains screen size/aspect ratio
                            (So you're still seeing the exact same thing as before; no cropping)
                            -Requires less from the hardware
                            (Keep in mind that you're rendering two scenes at the same time here and just see how the PS3 versions of the MT-Framework games perform in splitscreen contra 360 builds)
                            -Not require all cutscenes to also add FOV changes into its direction.
                            (Again, seeing the exact same thing as before, no undesirable side effects of either expanded FOV or need for pan&scan)

In general, with how Capcom rarely "announces/reveals" split-screen co-op early in production, it almost always seems like it's something they shoehorn in at the last minute "if it still works" (especially with how they commented on it during Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5 production)

Also, none of the above mentioned samples do what Capcom's games does in terms of cutscenes (in-game, realtime, different cinematic direction per player, etc.) and only the two platform exclusives (Gears of War and Splinter Cell) carries a comparable level of detail and overall polish (but I'd dare to argue that neither are as visually intense as RE5 and Lost Planet 2 "can be." - and certainly not while maintaining the same level of performance.)

Either way; bottom line is that on Capcom's end, it'd require more than them just adjusting a slider to increase the FOV. Of course, they could probably "easily" achieve the performance by dropping the resolution (even further) and throwing effects out the window left 'n' right in split-screen ... but ... well ... that's not a complete fix either.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              Hey! At least a meaty post and not just a "USE THE FULLS CREEN!!!" cry ;D (I really was fishing for that)

Anyway;
                              What Capcom's method does is;
                              -Maintains screen size/aspect ratio
                              (So you're still seeing the exact same thing as before; no cropping)
                              -Requires less from the hardware
                              (Keep in mind that you're rendering two scenes at the same time here and just see how the PS3 versions of the MT-Framework games perform in splitscreen contra 360 builds)
                              -Not require all cutscenes to also add FOV changes into its direction.
                              (Again, seeing the exact same thing as before, no undesirable side effects of either expanded FOV or need for pan&scan)

In general, with how Capcom rarely "announces/reveals" split-screen co-op early in production, it almost always seems like it's something they shoehorn in at the last minute "if it still works" (especially with how they commented on it during Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5 production)

Also, none of the above mentioned samples do what Capcom's games does in terms of cutscenes (in-game, realtime, different cinematic direction per player, etc.) and only the two platform exclusives (Gears of War and Splinter Cell) carries a comparable level of detail and overall polish (but I'd dare to argue that neither are as visually intense as RE5 and Lost Planet 2 "can be." - and certainly not while maintaining the same level of performance.)

Either way; bottom line is that on Capcom's end, it'd require more than them just adjusting a slider to increase the FOV. Of course, they could probably "easily" achieve the performance by dropping the resolution (even further) and throwing effects out the window left 'n' right in split-screen ... but ... well ... that's not a complete fix either.
                              Haha... Guess I dodged the bullet then.

I always found odd the way MT-Framework's split-screen works. Now, adding the fact that it might be a performance issues, it makes even more sense.
                              As I've said before, might be "wonky", but it's still better than no splitscreen at all. I know I'm asking way too much, but having some options to adjust the way splitscreen works would be nice, even if it means losing details like character specific cinemas, extra visual effects, etc. For those, online/system link coop would be a better fit.

My point really was about the fact that there's people around the world that still use CRT TVs with splitscreen... And it's a pain to play like that on a traditional 4:3 display (one of the reasons I've had to upgrade to a HDTV).

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                                My point really was about the fact that there's people around the world that still use CRT TVs with splitscreen... And it's a pain to play like that on a traditional 4:3 display (one of the reasons I've had to upgrade to a HDTV).
                                Wait, what? On a traditional 4:3 CRT, the MT Framework games should display things "normally" and not slightly pulled to each side like in the HD shots. Should totally check your console's output settings then (Not that I've ever had to run these in SD myself, but in 4:3 aspect ratio,s there's no reason for them to not be alligned on top of one another.)

Comment

Working...
                                X