No announcement yet.

How did STARS operate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My memory is strangely failing me but what was the catalyst on sending Bravo team, was it just Wesker's X-day orders? Or were they forced to react to something such Billy going missing.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
      My memory is strangely failing me but what was the catalyst on sending Bravo team, was it just Wesker's X-day orders? Or were they forced to react to something such Billy going missing.
      Umbrella initially tried to keep S.T.A.R.S. away, but when it became impossible to prevent due to the request of the citizens, they decided to plan "X-DAY". The order for S.T.A.R.S.' intervention came on July 9, while X-DAY was ordered on July 22.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

STARS has no operational reality, no-one combines SWAT and Homicide. The whole super special forces unit idea inside of the police is really stupid to begin with, I don't think it deserves any real analysis. It's a pure trash B-movie idea and nothing more. The only part that vaguely makes sense is that Umbrella planned to assemble a unit of ex military veterans and send them to die so they could collect the BOW battle data. And even then ... nobody is recording the incident.

Regarding the complete list of members in the photo, there are no mysteries but it does help to have all their names before you start. I usually miss Kevin or Edward because they are not really seen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	STARS_GROUP_PIC.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	401092
        Last edited by Code_R; 04-27-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Did Kevin exist prior to REmake?

Comment

How did STARS operate? They operated in the operating room!

*drumroll*

Comment

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
              Did Kevin exist prior to REmake?
              Unknown. This picture is from RE2 right? So it's not even part of the original at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
                The only part that vaguely makes sense is that Umbrella planned to assemble a unit of ex military veterans and send them to die so they could collect the BOW battle data. And even then ... nobody is recording the incident.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]6472[/ATTACH]
                You just answered your own question and I dont think they was actually 'recording it' they just meant throw in this kick ass team and see how long they last. Wesker was obviously there to witness it....and they would have gotten away with it to if it wasnt for those medeling kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
                  Unknown. This picture is from RE2 right? So it's not even part of the original at all.
                  What I mean to say is that if Kevin didn't even exist prior to REMAKE then what was the original intention of the mysterious member of S.T.A.R.S? Since it is obviously before Rebecca joined S.T.A.R.S, it seems to me that it was a member of S.T.A.R.S Alpha team who left prior to the events of the first game. With his departure, Alpha team was left with an empty space on their team which Joseph was brought in to fill. This left an opening in Bravo team which then led to Rebecca's hiring.

Does this make sense?

Plus Kevin wore a yellow vest, like Brad, so it seems unlikely to me that Kevin was created to BE that guy. I mean, Edward got the same color vest from in the picture when he finally made his appearance.
                  Last edited by Kei_M; 04-28-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

And even then ... nobody is recording the incident.

"Combat data" may also really just a measure of performance anyway. There's no precise definition as to what it is so far. Might have to ask Mr. Kawamura.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                    X