No announcement yet.

Capcom's RE6 Sales Expectation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's ask Capcom which they think is better - that'd be worth a laugh.

Comment

Outbreak of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post

Ahem... RE6 is totally designed to sell, according to some analysts:
        We shall find out if this strategy of trying to please everyone, will work out for them.
        Yes, you are fabulous... and that image is forever stuck in my head... dammit.

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
        Against all odds ? did you smoke crack or something ?? we all knew it would sell good hell i even said it from the begining.
        against all odds ? HA ! wtf man..
        I understand your enthusiasm for the release of RE6, and please don't take offense... but could you be a little more, how shall we say, grammatically correct with said enthusiasm? :S

Originally posted by Stu View Post
        Let's ask Capcom which they think is better - that'd be worth a laugh.
        Capcom would say that the best RE title is... the one that they're just about to release that they predict will sell millions of copies. ;)
        Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 05-12-2012, 04:42 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Stu number 2 ... dear god.

Comment

Stu number 2 ... dear god.
            lol Having seen how Stu handles himself, I take that as a compliment good sir.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
              lol Having seen how Stu handles himself, I take that as a compliment good sir.
              Now thats just sad really.

Comment

Now thats just sad really.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif
Views:	1
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	401159

NOW BACK ON TOPIC:

Capcom may predict seven million copies sold, but I foresee at LEAST 8 million copies being sold over the first year. It's just going to be that huge.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                  Yes, you are fabulous... and that image is forever stuck in my head... dammit.
                  Chris and Wesker are the ones that think that they're fab.

And so do a gazillion of Yaoi fanatics who constantly ruin the characters for the rest of us.

That gif was TAAAAAMED in comparison.
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                    Chris and Wesker are the ones that think that they're fab.

And so do a gazillion of Yaoi fanatics who constantly ruin the characters for the rest of us.

That gif was TAAAAAMED in comparison.
                    Jesus, I had almost unseen such things now you brought them up again. XD You bastard. FanFiction.net....... the horrors residing in that wretched electronic tome.... they haunt me to my very core...
                    sigpic

Comment

Seeing as ORC hasn't actually yet sold 2 million but Capcom counts their shipping numbers as sold ones (thanks Dracarys for telling me :p), no one has to worry here.

So even if something horrible happens and RE6 undersells actual units at first, Capcom is very likely going to ship the whole targeted number of 7 million, and so according to them it will be the biggest seller even if it takes two or three years to sell all those copies.

Of course I actually expect they're going to market the hell out of this anyway, and given the money put it (and numbers of people working on it) I expect it'll see all those units sold much quicker. But provided they don't fuck it up anyway.

Comment

Well the thing is, the marketing and PR isn't free. Activision spends like 50 million dlls advertising every CoD game. If Capcom expects RE6 to sell 7 million they will need to amp their typical PR budget by quite a lot.

So they will spend x amount mass producing and shipping the games. And another x amount marketing it on several markets. Shareholders are going to want to keep tabs on how much cash is being spent and how much cash is going to be considered as actual profit.

IMO, they will try to make up for their big expenses with all that DLC they have (already) on the way.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, agree totally. I said this a number of months back, but I think we'll see a marketing campaign for RE6 the likes we've never seen from Capcom ever before - attempting to cover every piece of media marketing they can like Acti does. Dare I say it.... complete... global... saturation. ;p

In all seriousness though, even if they don't cover everything - because 7 million is still under the CoD numbers so the cost advertising per copy sold will be lower, it'll still be Capcom's biggest marketing ever. While we've had trailers so far, I'm expecting that campaign will begin it's solid media (print, signs, tv, radio, etc.) starting after the E3 and go right through to the October release.
                          Last edited by Rombie; 05-12-2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

What is the 7 million target for? After 3 years or the same quarter as release? Seems kinda high.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
                              What is the 7 million target for? After 3 years or the same quarter as release? Seems kinda high.
                              By the FY end, so March 31st 2013. In total they have almost six months.

Comment

Resident evil 6 will sell 8 million :3

Comment

Working...
                                X