No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 1 - Playing RE3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard was really fun, I remember dodging rockets from his launcher in the police station and blowing up his Rocket Launcher with my lowly Samurai Edge
    Last edited by Stars_g36; 08-08-2008, 04:38 AM.

Comment

I've progressed a bit. I'm now at the point where you are taking control of Jill again. Spencer is stuck on nemesis in the courtyard though. Despite being on easy and having an entire truck-load of weapons at his disposal, he can't defeat Nemesis because he only has one F-Aid Spray He even got Carlos to blow Nemesis' rocket launcher up, and damage him some.

Can anyone offer him some advice?

Comment

Run to a corner, shoot a grenade, run to the next corner, shoot a grenade, and NEVER let the Nemesis catch you.

Remember: there's no time limit, so run for as long as you need to. That's what I usually forget when playing a lot of games and attempt to go fast (which usually ends in a horrible demise).

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          Can anyone offer him some advice?
          Clipping abuse to beat him with only the knife. Not too hard to do. I've done it myself.

I think it's in part 5 or 6.

Just do it with guns.
          And as soon as you're in caution use the first aid spray, otherwise he'll 1 hit kill you.
          sigpic

Comment

I hate the programmer that decided to only unlock Jill's Diary when you collect files in the "proper" order. As if anyone even f*cking knows what that is!!! AHHH!! Assholes! Christ!

I completed my play through and will be going back again, but this demoralizes me. I was hoping to unlock SOMETHING that carried over. Damnit. I was surprised a few times by the game, like how the zombies come up from the graves in the graveyard. I hadn't retained that bit of info. Plus the fact that theres a LOT of random occurrences depending on which area you explore first. Its going to be tough getting all scenes nailed down.
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-09-2008, 11:55 PM.

Comment

That's another reason why it's a shame H-ash is off-line now. There was an extensive explination of how you get all the 'random' events of RE3 in a great organigram. Any chance to get in touch and ask for the material? =/

Comment

Plus the fact that theres a LOT of random occurrences depending on which area you explore first. Its going to be tough getting all scenes nailed down.
                Ugh. I tried working on a RE3 Game Script FAQ a while back and I know what you mean

Eventually I just gave up on most in-game occurances. I *still* don't know how to get that zombie to pop out the police car in the beginning, and sometimes Brad seems to run out the room with the shotgun by himself, while other times I have to examine it and stuff like that...
                Last edited by JcFFx; 08-10-2008, 12:21 AM.

Comment

The brad thing depends on which way you first enter that area. That one is easy at least . I'm pretty sure the door depends on the way you approach it as well.

Comment

No, that's not true. I've never had it open when you go along the road and into the alley, and it's always been 50/50 whether it opens up when you go through the alley door closest to the warehouse.

Comment

Does anyone know what the difference between CONTINUE and RESTART is when you load up a completed game save? Its not very clear.

Comment

Well if I had to guess... continue = play the game with all the extra options you've already unlocked, while restart = play the game as if you're playing it for the first time again (no extra costumes unlocked, etc.)
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

Does anyone know what the difference between CONTINUE and RESTART is when you load up a completed game save? Its not very clear.
                          I think if you continue you can use the weapons you buy in the mercenaries mode.

As for the 30 files. I'm pretty sure it's restaurant before newspaper office, and then in the small cabin which you access through the fireplace, there is 2 files in there, and I think you get the one furthest from the firepalce entrance first. BUT I'm not sure. I've never unlocked Jill's diary. I read it in a guide on gamefaqs.com I'm 99% sure Jill's diary is transcirbed in Archives. I just checked the Japanese version of archives and it's here
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure.

Has anyone noticed that in the budget editions (Xplosive, Big Bytes, Sold Out(?) of RE3 for PC, you have to unlock Mercenaries by finishing the game just like in the PS1 version, but in the original editions, it's open from the start?

Comment

Ok, it seems that the CONTINUE and RESTART serve the following purpose:

If you save over your NEW GAME save, but have a save from it, you can choose that, and hit restart to play a new game. If you are continuing your game from a save point, hit continue. How odd.

Comment

Lol, I don't get it

Comment

Working...
                                X