Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD Collection's 1.01 patch didn't do anything and Pyarmid Head's cutscene is edited?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and some others wrote to Tomm about the tech issues and new voices and this was the response we got:

And contrary to what the internet seems to believe, I can confirm the patch DOES resolve a variety of issues.

Yes I’d worked with many of them at Atlus. As for the patch–actually I’m playing through SH2 right now and it DID, in fact, fix the synch issues. I haven’t gotten to SH3 but that’s next.
    To which I replied:

That is weird. I checked again, and I’m still seeing delays in both audio for new voices. Lip flaps happening a second off. Also it doesn’t match with the subtitles since the lines will be running near the end before it’s subtitled version even pops up.
    Wrote to Konami Customer Support as well. They're not reading the initial complaints because the bulk of people I talked to that did reach KCS all received the same e-mail asking for system information. I'm hoping this is for them to work on a patch, and don't want to think it has anything to do with them saying my system is the problem.

Comment

Is the desynching issues due to the new sound, music and voices being sloppily placed into the game? I replaced the subpar voices of SH3 with the original from my PC version in the 360 version, and the desynching issue disappeared. Heather Morris' voice matches the lips completely, as do the other actors.
      Last edited by Gradon; 03-29-2012, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Anyway to upload that or go through the process?

Comment

Upload a video or a guide to replace the voices? It's a pretty dark area tbh, I'll upload a shoddy video (because I have no way to take videos from my Xbox) if you want to see it in action?

Comment

Just think it would be nice for the SH community to see how simple an act this is. Certainly would raise questions as to why this couldn't actually be done for the final product that was released. If you even did a vid I would like to send it to Silent Haven and some other sites to get the idea across that this could have been accomplished.

Comment

Okay then, I'll record one later tonight or tomorrow, either way a video will come. It was actually really simple and logical, kinda angers me tbh.

Comment

I luckily got a chance to try out the 360 version (still am by the way). From what I can see, the 360 version does perform well compared to the PS3 version. I'd like to share differences that I've seen so far in Silent Hill 2.

Silent Hill 2
                -Framerate in 360 stays to what seems to be 30fps, compared to PS3 where sometimes looks it wants to be at 60fps, but goes all over the place
                -Slowdowns are almost nonexistent, except in cutscenes, but it is almost unnoticeable
                -To my surprise, there's actually more Noise Effect/Film Grain. In my opinion, it actually hides the "Wall 'O Fog" way more than it does on the PS3 version
                -Pyramid Head Cutscene still intact, but, as confirmed by Tomm Hulett, the scene is still in the PS3 version, but almost "cut off" due to the bug that causes slowdown at the beginning of the cutscene
                -As mentioned above, the slowdown is a bug in the PS3 and causes it to happen when going through rooms and even going through the menu.
                -The game's visual's on PS3 seems to be a bit brighter compared to the 360 version for some reason, even after noticing my PS3's display settings are on RGB.
                -While certain areas you go to on the PS3 version try to be at 60fps, especially the menu which works more smoothly, the 360 version, much like the game itself, looks like it's locked at 30fps
                -When I see or think of the 30fps on the 360 version, it's almost as if it's exactly like they were on the PS2! That's my personal opinion at least.
                -Sometimes in cutscenes, when dialogue or sound effects are meant to begin, there's a slight "pause" before these actions take place and last for 1sec or half of that time

Even though the bulk of the above is Silent Hill 2, I curiously checked Silent Hill 3 just for a little bit

Silent Hill 3
                -Slowdowns are nonexistent, even in the opening area you start in when running back to where Heather originally walked in.
                -Running up the stairs on the way to the tracks for the ride never slows down at all whatsoever after each set you take and about to turn to take the next set
                -In the mall after meeting Douglas, the backrooms of the inside of the mall have blur, but are less apparent compared to the PS3 version. Possible due to it's slowdowns on PS3 that make it way more apparent.

Miscellaneous/Things we already know that I've come across at least
                -Lip-synching is still out of synch
                -Audio sound effect when items are being picked up still at a higher pitch or possibly sped up

-In PS3 version, on the 2nd floor of the apartments, you're supposed to hear a scream before entering a room north of the area to acquire a key. The scream in the PS3 person is existent, but very muffled. On Xbox 360, it's completely gone

UPDATE - The scream as mentioned above is still intact!

-Foghorn/Siren heard while going under the Silent Hill Historical Society is missing
                -Fog greatly reduced in the first meeting with Maria in the park. "End of World" clearly seen as draw distance is very small compared to original PS2 version

I've gotten far in the PS3 version in Silent Hill 2, so I'm gonna have to "play catch up" with the 360 version, so I'll let you guys know more when I get the chance. I've gotten a bit past the Hospital, but have barely touched Silent Hill 3. The comparisons that I've seen for that one are what I've played up to.

More to come when I get the chance!
                Last edited by MeanBob; 03-30-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Comment

Nice work on the video Gradon. It's a shame to see something that could of been so easily done.. Does anyone here think they'll ever patch in the original voices for SH3 if possible?

Originally posted by MeanBob View Post
                    -In PS3 version, on the 2nd floor of the apartments, you're supposed to hear a scream before entering a room north of the area to acquire a key. The scream in the PS3 person is existent, but very muffled. On Xbox 360, it's completely gone
                    I have the 360 version, and I did hear that scream. It's very, VERY quiet though.

I've beaten both SH2 and SH3 and everything you've mentioned above has pretty much been my experience. Certainly not as bad as the PS3 seems to be. My biggest complaints (Other than the new voices) are the washed out colors/ lack of contrast; the stutter in SH3 when using certain weapons; and the small changes to SH2. When you descend down the long stairs from the Historical Society to the Prison, the siren is completely gone. That was always one of my favorite creepy moments in the game. Why would they just remove it? Didn't even bother replacing it with anything else.. Glitches are one thing, but these "creative" changes really steam my beans. >:I
                    Last edited by PracticalAl; 03-30-2012, 09:17 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Excellent work indeed. Wonder if anyone from Konami will address this now or sweep it under the rug. But yeah, I'm quite shocked and angered about this product further knowing that the original voices could have technically been added in.

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                        Nice work on the video Gradon. It's a shame to see something that could of been so easily done.. Does anyone here think they'll ever patch in the original voices for SH3 if possible?

I have the 360 version, and I did hear that scream. It's very, VERY quiet though.
                        Someone else pointed this out to me over at GameFaqs, so I'll be looking into it again. I find it odd though because it's much louder on the original PS2 version, but as I mentioned, muffled in the PS3 version. I even saw a livestream of it where it's completely gone. I'll let you guys know when I play through that again.

I've beaten both SH2 and SH3 and everything you've mentioned above has pretty much been my experience. Certainly not as bad as the PS3 seems to be. My biggest complaints (Other than the new voices) are the washed out colors/ lack of contrast; the stutter in SH3 when using certain weapons; and the small changes to SH2. When you descend down the long stairs from the Historical Society to the Prison, the siren is completely gone. That was always one of my favorite creepy moments in the game. Why would they just remove it? Didn't even bother replacing it with anything else.. Glitches are one thing, but these "creative" changes really steam my beans. >:I
                        Thanks! I tried to be very detailed as much as possible ! I have the PS3 version, but seeing these differences after getting the 360 version lent to me, it's a disappointment :/. Definitely with you on the colors and contrast issues. It's like they went too far with the whole cleanup to make it HD! I also saw that whole thing with the siren gone missing in a review:

Like I said, I'll be going through the 360 version a little bit more. Myabe not too much today, as I have work in a few hours, but I'll keep you guys posted.

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                        Nice work on that! Sometimes I don't get how even non-employees/development team members can get issues like this fixed lol

EDIT - I just confirmed that the scream is still intact in the apartments. Going to fix my original list of stuff I noticed and add a few more that we're aware of.
                        Last edited by MeanBob; 03-30-2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanBob View Post
                          I find it odd though because it's much louder on the original PS2 version, but as I mentioned, muffled in the PS3 version.
                          Same here! It was definitely loud enough to scare the ever-livin' crap out of me when I first played the game back in the day! Great job on the list, I can verify all the 360 issues you brought up. Couple things I can add: (All 360 version)

-In the Born From a Wish scenario, certain lines from Maria and Ernest sound like they were re-recorded underwater. The audio quality decreases dramatically, and sometimes the "knocking" sound effect fails to play. Whether or not this is exclusive to the old voices, I don't know. I refuse to listen to the new voices.

-In SH2 in the hospital basement area there is a stairwell. When you walk by it you are supposed to hear a short high-pitched squeal (Always sounded insect-like to me); but in my game it looped infinitely. Made me laugh.. Then it made me sad.. .. Not sure if it's a permanent glitch or a one time screw-up. Need to play through again.

-Not so much a glitch, but rather a disappointment. Even with the "old voices" option, the elevator game show host in SH2 is a new voice. 'Guess they couldn't get the rights to the other guy's voice.
                          sigpic

Comment

-In SH2 in the hospital basement area there is a stairwell. When you walk by it you are supposed to hear a short high-pitched squeal (Always sounded insect-like to me); but in my game it looped infinitely. Made me laugh.. Then it made me sad.. .. Not sure if it's a permanent glitch or a one time screw-up. Need to play through again.

-Not so much a glitch, but rather a disappointment. Even with the "old voices" option, the elevator game show host in SH2 is a new voice. 'Guess they couldn't get the rights to the other guy's voice.
                            I was in complete awe about that sound effect. It left me clueless as to what the fuck was going on. I didn't remember it from the original, so replaying the 360 version hearing that on loop was like..."what...?"

Oh and I remember they made a Facebook post about that, I believe the guy either died or just went missing because they said they were unable to get his rights because of 'reasons'. Or something like that, memories hazy.

Comment

Gamefaqs is pretty lulz worthy right now:

_Bleaux
                              Posted 3/30/2012 5:15:13 PM
                              message detail

Okay first of all folks.

Porting something from a PC over to the 360 and going, "Why do people think that was so hard?" would be like putting gas in a truck as opposed to a car. It's pretty much both the same hardware.

The PS3 uses completely different codes and you have to remember that this game is for PS3 as well as the 360, so from a technical standpoint, copy and pasting something from the PC version wouldn't have worked on the PS3.

Does anyone take time to actually research things before they start flaming?
                              Azuma_NarooN
                              Posted 3/30/2012 5:29:53 PM
                              message detail

Nah, they don't lol.

Microsoft has a policy where if a multiplat release is any different on other consoles, they won't allow the release on the 360. So my guess is that they couldn't get the code working easily on PS3, and opted to keep the voices out on both versions rather than cancel it on PS3 or something.

The only way to get around M$'s policy is to make the "platform exclusive bonus content" (such as PS3-exclusive content, for example) is to make it DLC or something from what I can tell. Though this doesn't explain how SF x T had like five PS3-exclusive characters and whatnot.
                              EDIT:

What's the fucking point.....?

***MAJOR SH2 SPOILERS***
                              Spoiler:
                              Last edited by Smiley; 03-30-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post

***MAJOR SH2 SPOILERS***
                                Spoiler:
                                Wow, after playing them side by side like that, I didn't realize how much more of the actual video was cropped to hell, let alone seconds of the transition to what James really did has been edited before it gets to that point...
                                Last edited by MeanBob; 03-30-2012, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X