No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch Episode 11 - Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI is an issue for me. I much prefer the game as a co-op adventure.

For example, I was going for that "Who Do You Trust?" trophy yesterday, and I was knifing the transformer on Public Assembly over and over again, and handing her aid sprays and herbs to heal me. She'd run up ahead, and I'd be standing there with my health in the orange, and I'd say "C'mon!" and she'd look back at me and say "You cahn't be serious." I was like... .

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
      a note regarding Chris's Sheva-playthrough AI problem at the ending ..

Spoiler:

also, another advantage of having the AI is that when she's using the mounted machine guns, the guns she's firing will never over heat and stop spinning.
      Yeah I would hope the fight is winnable with a Chris AI. I tried 4 times and he never did the boulder for me, but that was just my experience and I didn't try everything.
      sigpic

Comment

just finished listening to it, easily the most epic RPD dispatch yet.

Resident Evil : Look on the bright side for the wii sounds amazing

Comment

LMAO! This is great.

Comment

Oh! Oh! OH!

I just remembered! I dunno if this was during one of the few segments that were cut or not, but at some point I was bringing up a movie that I forgot the name of (and decided to just leave it at that... in shame)

The movie I was thinking of was Deliverance.

Comment

Oh, and heres some required viewing for anyone wanting to get into Outbreak with us:

This is where that Broski bit was from ;p
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-22-2009, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Dot made a good point...at times no matter how hard I wiggled the stick, I can't break the holds.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

^ As an expert stick-wiggler myself, I can say with confidence that you're just lacking in your stick-handling abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                    ^ As an expert stick-wiggler myself, I can say with confidence that you're just lacking in your stick-handling abilities.
                    Double entendre?

"You pervert!"

Comment

And heres that code book I made when I was very young. I have no idea what date I made this, but I had to be REALLY young..Oh god.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                        And heres that code book I made when I was very young. I have no idea what date I made this, but I had to be REALLY young..Oh god.
                        Wow dude - that is awesome. Those are some memories right there. Pretty organized approach for a small kid...you don't have OCD as an adult by chance, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by HUN33 View Post
                          great podcast, when are you doing number 10
                          We don't talk about Episode 10... Its funny, we now have like 2~3 episodes that were scrapped. Maybe I'll put them out eventually as sorta B-sides to the podcast.

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                          Wow dude - that is awesome. Those are some memories right there. Pretty organized approach for a small kid...you don't have OCD as an adult by chance, do you?
                          Aha, I think I was like 10 at the time that was created, and then later on I added the MK Trilogy crap to it. This was before I found the internet or had a PC. I have some traits of OCD, but nothing like Alzaire, who has the unfortunate need to get all S ranks in every difficulty just so they can all say S at the bottom of his screen.

Gonna give this a listen through in a few hours to make sure I didn't miss any vital edits or forgot about some stuff I said I'd post in the topic.
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-22-2009, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            Wow... I used to do the exact same thing when I was young. A few years back I was clearing boxes and other furnature in my parents garage and found a draw filled with files, notes, maps, and cheats for various games from the late 80's through till about 1996... pre-internet. I think I just transferred that sort of thing across to computer when I got one in 1996. I actually ended up using some of the notes I found to make a guide for Alien 3 on the Genesis/Mega Drive which is up on GameFAQ's.

I had passcodes and cheats for just about everygame I ever played in those files. I do think it is a kinda OCD thing, which thankfully I've slowly gotten myself off from doing. But it was definently even a part of my earlier work on Resident Evil sites.

Comment

Ahah, good to know I'm not alone

I didn't even scan the whole thing in. I basically listed like 28 pages of moves for MK games there XD

Edit: Carn, is this SeƱor Pantalones whom was mentioned in the bloopers?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-22-2009, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Rombie, Dot - I hear you on that. I miss the good ol' days - when you had to find out game cheats/codes/strategies from magazines or from friends. Where you'd furiously scrawl a fatality move onto a piece of paper so you could have it handy during gameplay. Those were the days...simpler times...better times...

Comment

Working...
                                X