No announcement yet.

New Darkside Chronicles Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't wanna watch the trailer, to many spoilers.

But seeing CR29's avatar told me the end anyway.

Chris being in this put a damper on my day, and somewhat depressed me when I read it. Not happy about it at all. Chris was just in RE5, he's to overexposed. I think this game should be exclusively Leon and Claire. I mean UC Was exclusively Jill and Chris. So why does Chris get an appearance in DSC too. It just pisses me off.

I hope Jill and Rebecca get appearances too know, there is still a 4th scenario for them to appear in.

Comment

...But Chris is in CV, it only makes sense that he'll be in this game since there's a CV scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
        Didn't wanna watch the trailer, to many spoilers.

But seeing CR29's avatar told me the end anyway.

Chris being in this put a damper on my day, and somewhat depressed me when I read it. Not happy about it at all. Chris was just in RE5, he's to overexposed. I think this game should be exclusively Leon and Claire. I mean UC Was exclusively Jill and Chris. So why does Chris get an appearance in DSC too. It just pisses me off.

I hope Jill and Rebecca get appearances too know, there is still a 4th scenario for them to appear in.

Well actually Ada and HUNK made appearances in Umbrella Chroncles as well despite the focus being on the STARS members and those that joined with them. You must have expected this because Chris was always a part of the Code Veronica experience. I'm not even going to spoil anything by noting that Wesker will still have a role in this as well just based on the Code Veronica scenario alone. But something tells me that if Krauser is a character in this then Wesker might have more involvement than just in the CV chapter. Time will tell...

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
          ...But Chris is in CV, it only makes sense that he'll be in this game since there's a CV scenario.
          Well it's meant to be Leon and Claire's game mainly. And since Barry was cut out of UC, and since Chris would be all alone in his chapter anyways. I assumed or rather hoped he would not make an appearance.

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
          Well actually Ada and HUNK made appearances in Umbrella Chroncles as well despite the focus being on the STARS members and those that joined with them. You must have expected this because Chris was always a part of the Code Veronica experience. I'm not even going to spoil anything by noting that Wesker will still have a role in this as well just based on the Code Veronica scenario alone. But something tells me that if Krauser is a character in this then Wesker might have more involvement than just in the CV chapter. Time will tell...
          Yeah I know, Carlos was in it too. But UC was mainly Jill and Chris's game with other characters having cameos or smaller parts. Or your right, I think UC is more about the Stars team cause Rebecca is in it too. And DSC should be about the non stars RE protagonists. So why is Chris, a Stars member making an appearance when he will have to be all alone and by himself in his small chapter? It just annoys me. It's just unfair to Jill and Rebecca fans. Plus Chris has just been in RE5. While Jill was in RE5 too she was a plot device buxom blond who didn't do much and was only in the game so it wold make more money. It's fucking annoying.

And Rebecca fans are even worse treated.

I just really hope Jill and Rebecca get a part in the 4th scenario in this.

Comment

DSC will have only 3 scenarios and Chris was playable character in cVX so he must be in the game!! this game is called DAEKSIDE Chronicles not Leon/Claire chronicles
            Spoiler:

Comment

Well it's meant to be Leon and Claire's game mainly. And since Barry was cut out of UC, and since Chris would be all alone in his chapter anyways. I assumed or rather hoped he would not make an appearance.

Yeah I know, Carlos was in it too. But UC was mainly Jill and Chris's game with other characters having cameos or smaller parts. Or your right, I think UC is more about the Stars team cause Rebecca is in it too. And DSC should be about the non stars RE protagonists. So why is Chris, a Stars member making an appearance when he will have to be all alone and by himself in his small chapter? It just annoys me. It's just unfair to Jill and Rebecca fans. Plus Chris has just been in RE5. While Jill was in RE5 too she was a plot device buxom blond who didn't do much and was only in the game so it wold make more money. It's fucking annoying.

And Rebecca fans are even worse treated.

I just really hope Jill and Rebecca get a part in the 4th scenario in this.
              Well just take comfort in the fact that UC and DSC are not following some form of division between characters (except Barry and Nicholai...I miss those guys ).

UC was about Umbrella's Downfall and covered 0, 1, and 3. That game had poor summaries yet it kept the main playable characters in check. Billy and Rebecca. Chris and Jill. Jill and Carlos. Of course you get to play as Wesker throughout as well since he's narrating the events. Behind the scenes characters that connected to STARS, Wesker or Umbrella included Rebecca, HUNK and Ada Wong.

DSC is apparently going for a richer experience. Focusing more in a darker tone and summarizing in finer detail the events of RE2 and CV which were absent in UC. Sure we played as Ada and HUNK, but we didn't see their story. We played as them after the events of RE2. And whether you approve of it or not, Chris is a much more important character than Barry. I disapprove of cutting Barry out in UC, but two wrongs do not make a right. Chris has to be in CV. He's the one who faces Wesker, defeats Alexia and saves Claire. There was no way that Alexia and Wesker could be confirmed yet he would be cut.

Comment

Surely you're trolling...
                You're depressed that one of the main characters of a game is in the summary of the game?
                If that depresses you and worries you, then consider yourself lucky, because a whole lot of people have way more important things to worry about.
                And your justification is "Chris was just in RE5, he's to overexposed." I'm sure that Capcom don't like making money, and using recognizable characters they've established in the past to promote new games, especially when it make sense in the context of the story...

It's absolutely mind-boggling that you could be so offended by the presense of Chris in a RE:CV precis. Infact, if his inclusion offends one person, but pleases legions of others, then it's definately worth it. If some people were happy with Barry's omission in RE:UC, then they aren't nearly as vocal as those who think he should have been in the game.
                sigpic

Comment

OH MY GAAAAAAAAWD.

This absolutely epic. I WANT TO CRRRRRYYYY.

Finally, we get a good sample of Sherry's new VA, and she sounds just PERFECT. I love it! This game looks like it's going to have a wonderful depiction of all the characters. Steve, Sherry, William, Alfred... I think all of them will be given proper justice, I really do.

Holyfuckingshit. This is so exciting. Everything looks so completely amazing.

GOD, the new cutscenes from CODE: Veronica with Alexander talking and the snowglobe.... OH GOD, I AM SO EXCITED.

I JUST WANT TO CRY. I WANT THIS GAME NOW.

Comment

Not to mention I should also bring up that Leon and Claire were just in Degeneration not too long ago. The adventures between Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire are varied throughout the series. There's no unwritten rule out there that separates or divides them. Leon and Claire can reunite in a CGI movie while Chris and Jill can face each other in a sequel. But as far as Code Veronica is concerned Chris had to be a part of it if they had any hope of making a legit summary of that game.

Comment

That treailer was great I think it's safe to say the cutsences in this game will be alot better to UC ones and I see Capcom like to show nice sences of Claire's ass but I think this game will turn out alot better than the last one.

Comment

gGotta admit, Sherry seems more realistic this time around. I always wondered why she was so big on her mom and pops in the original RE2 since they were both workaholics and lunatics.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                          DSC will have only 3 scenarios and Chris was playable character in cVX so he must be in the game!! this game is called DAEKSIDE Chronicles not Leon/Claire chronicles
                          Actually it's called DarkSide Chronicles. But if UC was about Stars, then DSC is about the non stars protagonists.

And where has it been confirmed to only have 3 scenarios? I was sure there must be 4 of them.

Well just take comfort in the fact that UC and DSC are not following some form of division between characters (except Barry and Nicholai...I miss those guys ).
                          I think there is at least some sort of character division though.

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                          Surely you're trolling...
                          You're depressed that one of the main characters of a game is in the summary of the game?
                          If that depresses you and worries you, then consider yourself lucky, because a whole lot of people have way more important things to worry about.
                          And your justification is "Chris was just in RE5, he's to overexposed." I'm sure that Capcom don't like making money, and using recognizable characters they've established in the past to promote new games, especially when it make sense in the context of the story...

It's absolutely mind-boggling that you could be so offended by the presense of Chris in a RE:CV precis. Infact, if his inclusion offends one person, but pleases legions of others, then it's definately worth it. If some people were happy with Barry's omission in RE:UC, then they aren't nearly as vocal as those who think he should have been in the game.
                          I'm not trying to troll. Just express my opinions on the matter.

Not to mention I should also bring up that Leon and Claire were just in Degeneration not too long ago. The adventures between Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire are varied throughout the series. There's no unwritten rule out there that separates or divides them. Leon and Claire can reunite in a CGI movie while Chris and Jill can face each other in a sequel. But as far as Code Veronica is concerned Chris had to be a part of it if they had any hope of making a legit summary of that game.
                          This is my point. Claire and Leon just had Degeneration. Chris had RE5. Leon had RE4. All Jill has had was a small cameo in RE5 and some parts in UC. She hasn't really had anything since RE3. Her and Rebecca need more attention.

Comment

Actually it's called DarkSide Chronicles. But if UC was about Stars, then DSC is about the non stars protagonists.

And where has it been confirmed to only have 3 scenarios? I was sure there must be 4 of them.
                            ahh stupid mistake .......
                            about scenarios, look at the official site, there are 3 scenarios: RE2, RE:CVX and one new uncomfirmed scenario
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Love the trailer and can't wait to see the full game.

Though.....there is one tiny thing I noticed that REALLY bothers me.

When Steve is rubbing his chin and looking at Claire's ass.........his fingers go THROUGH his collar.

Hope they fix that.

Comment

This is my point. Claire and Leon just had Degeneration. Chris had RE5. Leon had RE4. All Jill has had was a small cameo in RE5 and some parts in UC. She hasn't really had anything since RE3. Her and Rebecca need more attention.
                                Jill was a very big influence in both RE5 and UC if you follow both narratives with an open mind without any personal bias getting in the way of that. Both Jill and Rebecca actually did have a lot of time dedicated to them in UC as far as the protagonists go. And it's not every day one ends up as a biohazard infecting antagonist that you face in a later sequel. Whether you like the way things went or not in the series is pretty irrelevant. What you're arguing is the cutting of one character who by all rights should be there just to force spotlight on other characters you prefer. I can't change your opinion, but I can show why it doesn't work like that for this game. It wasn't just "Chris had RE5". Chris and Jill were both major players in RE5. Just because Jill has a supporting role as a boss doesn't mean she wasn't part of the experience. Chris was made to be part of Claire's experience in Code Veronica and shows up near the third act of the story. You needed both characters to press each story forward in the game.

But arguing on it seems pointless when there's nothing to be gained from it. At the end of the day Chris' return confirms that Code Veronica is one more step in the right direction of how to summarize this scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X