Biohazard 2 Remake on the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard 2 Remake on the way?

Popular Japanese gaming bulletin board, 2ch, has posted information on what looks to be a brand new remake of fan favourite Resident Evil title, Biohazard 2. For now, the posting lists the following features for the game, which will be released exclusively on Nintendo Wii. The details were alledgedly published in the latest Famitsu.
    • Full Remake akin to Biohazard on the Gamecube.
    • Some parts consist of Resident Evil 4 viewpoints
    • New knight like ("swordsman") creature shown
    • Additional story elements will be implemented

NB: It is unknown yet whether or not this is 100% confirmed.
    Last edited by James; 08-27-2008, 03:29 AM.

"New knight like ("swordsman") creature shown"
    Are there pictures of this?

I'm remaining skeptical for now, but I wouldn't be suprised at all.
    sigpic

Comment

Would be interesting, but I'm not sure it is gonna be confirmed. Besides, why alter the story for the game since it is already very popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Baiohazãdo View Post
        Would be interesting, but I'm not sure it is gonna be confirmed. Besides, why alter the story for the game since it is already very popular.
        Possibly adding in new segments, like they did for Lisa Trevor in the Gamecube remake.

But seriously guys, I just picked this up on a Japanese channel so I am not entirely sure it's real or just a joke. As I mentioned before, remain skeptical but for now that's all the information I can find.

Comment

The knight like creatures make me hope this is false. It suggests too many modifications to a game that's already great. I can live with additions to story...so long as they don't alter the backstory and instead expand on it, rather like REmake. But a creature that looks like a knight? That suggests too much organization. The only way it could fit is if it was a sorta mini-tyrant, a foot soldier developed to be more easily mass produced than the bigger, nastier tyrants.

Comment

too good to be true, however I'm going 2 ask Capcom about this rumor on the Capcommunity board, but I need a link a source, Nemesis556?

Comment

Resident Evil 2 Wii Edition with Resident Evil 4 controlls? That would be awesome !

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                too good to be true, however I'm going 2 ask Capcom about this rumor on the Capcommunity board, but I need a link a source, Nemesis556?
                Who's to say that they're allowed to confirm it? They're just board mods, nothing more. :/
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                  Who's to say that they're allowed to confirm it? They're just board mods, nothing more. :/
                  Not exactly, but Christian Svensson the Capcom’s senior director of strategic planning and research is allowed to dismiss rumors, 90% times he responds to a question about a rumor he dismissed that rumor, I hope RE2 Wiimake belong to that remaining 10%.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                    ...But a creature that looks like a knight? That suggests too much organization...
                    Something lost in translation, perhaps? For all we know, it could be G2 Birkin wielding the lead pipe (and his new head always reminded me of a knights helmet) and the mods/editors/whatever likened him to a knight or swordsman.
                    ...wishful thinking on my part.
                    I hope it's not REALLY an armor wearing enemy.

Comment

exclusively on Nintendo Wii
                      Please no , Biohazard 2 deserves something better "graphic-wise".

Comment

Guys, I don't think this was entirely true so I've moved it to Umbrella Labs. Apologies if I got anyones hopes up but I DID post the news item with skepticism and warned others to take it on also.

Comment

Fuck Wii. It needs to be multi-platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                            Fuck Wii. It needs to be multi-platform.
                            That's not going to happen, because there is RE5 for the other platforms.

Comment

what's their source ?

Comment

Working...
                              X