Resident Evil Revelations TGS 2011 Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    When I say "till now" I mean the recent era of games. It's true though. Even in RE3 Jill's chest wasn't as big as it is wearing the same outfit in later games. They were pretty....err....well rounded?
    How recent is this 'era' you're talking about?

During the making of the REmake, Mikami & model maker Kenichirou Yoshimura had this big argument about using a belt uder Jill's breast to make them stand out more. It turns out, she has those support belts for that very reason - and not to hold the shoulder pads in place.

In fact, Jill is the face of boobage of the RE world.

And who even reads the crap Kotaku puts out anymore? Ever since they designed their site to work only with tablets and mobile phones, their readership dropped. Thus why they don't make posters do the 'audition' bull shit thing anymore.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
      I felt no fear or tension while watching that trailer...only embarrassment for what Resident Evil is becoming. Operation Raccoon City is no slice of pie either, but at least they're forward with what it's going to be. Trying to pass this Revelations shit off as "fear and tension" is a joke.
      The trailer was a move in the right direction as far as atmosphere goes. The silence, the color tone, narrated only by an exhausted and terrified person (never mind the fucking design of her), it's less befitting of an action movie and more along the lines of a slasher. Of course, a slasher is about 15% horror, but again, it's a start. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do try to make the bulk of the game a little bit more like this, I also wouldn't oppose it.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
        The trailer was a move in the right direction as far as atmosphere goes. The silence, the color tone, narrated only by an exhausted and terrified person (never mind the fucking design of her), it's less befitting of an action movie and more along the lines of a slasher. Of course, a slasher is about 15% horror, but again, it's a start. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do try to make the bulk of the game a little bit more like this, I also wouldn't oppose it.
        I'd like to believe that. Perhaps the first part of the game will be 'tense' but it's only a matter of time before it turns into another shooter.

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
        In fact, Jill is the face of boobage of the RE world.

And who even reads the crap Kotaku puts out anymore? Ever since they designed their site to work only with tablets and mobile phones, their readership dropped. Thus why they don't make posters do the 'audition' bull shit thing anymore.
        Haha, goddamn it, I should've water-marked that pic when I made it a couple years ago. I've seen it floating around the internet a few times now. I think I originally posted it in the Jill discussion topic.
        Last edited by Vector; 09-09-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
          Haha, goddamn it, I should've water-marked that pic when I made it a couple years ago. I've seen it floating around the internet a few times now. I think I originally posted it in the Jill discussion topic.
          LOL Yeah, it been around the net, alright.

On another note... Maybe soon we'll start talking about the amount of ASS this game has.

Just to throw a bone to those that are into butts more than boobs. :p
          Last edited by Pikminister; 09-09-2011, 03:12 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

You can see the monster's anus. What the fuck are you doing Capcom?

EDIT: Finally watched the trailer, I like it, the only problem is really Rachel's design.
            Last edited by alexdz; 09-09-2011, 04:14 PM.

Comment

How recent is this 'era' you're talking about?
              Let's see I bring up the RE3 outfit and mention it in later games do I not? You tell me.
              Last edited by Smiley; 09-09-2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88
                at least its gonna be better than re 4 and 5 ever was
                Nope, RE4 had a shitty story, was campy as hell, but strangely was absolutely awesome aswell. Because Mikami is a genius in terms of gameplay. Revelations is not going to do this again, I'm telling you.

As for RE5, I don't really care if Revelations is better or not since RE5 really disappointed me.

Comment

Let's just go and play Spy Fiction.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Let's see I bring up the RE3 outfit and mention it in later games do I not? You tell me.
                    Well that doesn't tell me much.

The RE3 outfit was included as an extra costume in REmake and there was a RE3 in the relatively recent, Umbrella Chronicles. In this last game, there was a 'rape' scene of sorts during a cutscene. If you're into zombies going down on Jill, that's your game.

But if you meant the era before CVX, there is cutscene in RE3 where Jill's boobs do a mighty & awesome bounce... Its the scene when Nemmy shoots down the helicopter. It wasn't blatant fan service,but it was close.
                    sigpic

Comment

It doesn't tell you much yet you answered it immediately afterwards. After RE3 what qualifies as "later games" in regards to her RE3 design? But let me clarify something here. It's one thing to make your character look appealing. It's another to go overboard in design and how the character performs in it. The irony of REmake and Umbrella Chronicles in this regard is that they use the same model but REmake doesn't exaggerate any scenes with her in the same attire for the sake of fanservice.

Any zombie/majini neck breaking Jill wishes to rip off from the movies should not be performed in her RE3 attire for starters. It's very out of place. And while the casual costume itself isn't the best choice for a zombie outbreak they didn't treat it like some joke in RE3.

A mighty and awesome bounce huh? Right. That's the worst RE3 had to offer for her attire? Compared to as you called it the "rape scene" in Umbrella Chronicles.

I think it's pretty clear that anything they did in the classics is pretty tame in comparison. Jill's chest didn't have any exaggerated jiggle physics in RE3 like Ashley or Excella's, and comparing an FMV bounce to that scene in Umbrella Chronicles... Sorry to say it's not much to go on. Hell Alexia was naked in Code Veronica and they handled that with more grace and decency than what they've shown of Rachel in the Revelations teaser.
                      Last edited by Smiley; 09-09-2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

It doesn't tell you much yet you answered it immediately afterwards. After RE3 what qualifies as "later games" in regards to her RE3 design? But let me clarify something here. It's one thing to make your character look appealing. It's another to go overboard in design and how the character performs in it. The irony of REmake and Umbrella Chronicles in this regard is that they use the same model but REmake doesn't exaggerate any scenes with her in the same attire for the sake of fanservice.

Any zombie/majini neck breaking Jill wishes to rip off from the movies should not be performed in her RE3 attire for starters. It's very out of place. And while the casual costume itself isn't the best choice for a zombie outbreak they didn't treat it like some joke in RE3.

A mighty and awesome bounce huh? Right. That's the worst RE3 had to offer for her attire? Compared to as you called it the "rape scene" in Umbrella Chronicles.

I think it's pretty clear that anything they did in the classics is pretty tame in comparison. Jill's chest didn't have any exaggerated jiggle physics in RE3 like Ashley or Excella's, and comparing an FMV bounce to that scene in Umbrella Chronicles... Sorry to say it's not much to go on. Hell Alexia was naked in Code Veronica and they handled that with more grace and decency than what they've shown of Rachel in the Revelations teaser.
                        Well most of the fan service on REmake you got once you unlocked Jill's RE3 outfit. You could EASILY peek at her undies during several cutscenes (which were impossible to notice because before she was wearing pants) and also while playing the game (like when you pick up objects). There. Fan service.

In regards to there being any fan service in RE3... I don't remember anything other than what I said. The in-game Jill was blocky as hell. Hard to get excited over those early RE models. But times did change and as soon as the character models started looking like something you thought looked human, that's when you also started seeing boobs and panty shots all over the place.

So if your argument is that there wasn't a lot of that back in the low-polygon count days... sure.

I guess times were a lot more 'innocent' back then. Mainly because the technology was holding back a lot of the "sexy" stuff that at present, seems to bother a lot of ppl.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well most of the fan service on REmake you got once you unlocked Jill's RE3 outfit. You could EASILY peek at her undies during several cutscenes (which were impossible to notice because before she was wearing pants) and also while playing the game (like when you pick up objects). There. Fan service.

In regards to there being any fan service in RE3... I don't remember anything other than what I said. The in-game Jill was blocky as hell. Hard to get excited over those early RE models. But times did change and as soon as the character models started looking like something you thought looked human, that's when you also started seeing boobs and panty shots all over the place.

So if your argument is that there wasn't a lot of that back in the low-polygon count days... sure.

I guess times were a lot more 'innocent' back then. Mainly because the technology was holding back a lot of the "sexy" stuff that at present, seems to bother a lot of ppl.
                          Again I'd argue the fake out upskirts are tame in comparison. You don't have some looming close up panning over her. The scenes themselves are not played out as fanservice and go by quickly. Being crushed by a roof so she shambles to the floor. Or falling back from a zombie. Compare those scenes with a unlockable bonus costume to RE4 where Ada (in her default attire mind you) has slow-mo close ups and pan shots over her revealing dress showing off but barely covering her as she flips around or zip-lines over someone. Please tell me you can recognize the difference?

And early games, as blocky as they could be, never under played the fanservice. There were shower scenes, boobs popping out, exaggerated upskirts, etc. RE3 just happened to be one of the few cases where Jill dressed in an outfit that could have made her the epitome of fanservice yet it wasn't ever exaggerated. A lot of that had to do with how the atmosphere of the game had played out as well as the game play. There was no over-the-top melee action to come up with. Or lingering drawn out scenes displaying how filled out she was.

And nothing was holding back Code Veronica. The scene itself could have been very sleazy if it wanted to be. But at no point was Alexia displayed in such a way. They found a way to have her come out of her test tube without panning down to her ass or zooming in on her tits. And the scene was effective without it.
                          Last edited by Smiley; 09-09-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

k Code Veronica. The scene itself could have been very sleazy if it wanted to be. But at no point was Alexia displayed in such a way. They found a way to have her come out of her test tube without panning down to her ass or zooming in on her tits. And the scene was effective without it.
                            Howard Johnson is right!

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                              Howard Johnson is right!
                              Ha! What an obscure reference. My hat off to you, good sir.
                              Last edited by PracticalAl; 09-09-2011, 08:44 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I been making that reference on and off for a month

Comment

Working...
                                X