Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Degeneration - Voice recording sessions wrapping up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do think Richard Waugh was the best Wesker. The UC voice was terrible at some parts. I didn't mind the new voice for Ada, but I wished sally Cahill would have done it. Even if the voices aren't as good as fans think they should be, Capcom obviously hired them for a reason. After all.... Degeneration with "bad" voice acting will still be better than the live actions movies they have made so far.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I wonder, will it only have an English voice track or will they pull a 4D Executer and have a Japanese track (along with an English one)?
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Waugh will likely be back for RE5. I imagine that UC's budget wasn't very high, so they couldn't justify the expense on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          Waugh will likely be back for RE5. I imagine that UC's budget wasn't very high, so they couldn't justify the expense on him.
          Actually, he was a guest at the recent Fanime anime convention. I wasn't there myself (how I wish I was), so I can't confirm this, but apparently during a panel someone asked him if he would be reprising his role as Wesker in RE5, and he said "No." Evidently he even said he was originally supposed to voice Wesker in UC, but when he sent in his recordings, Capcom didn't like them and got D.C. Douglas instead.

As I said, though, I wasn't there myself so I can't confirm this. It's just what I heard.

Comment

Ugh, I hope thats not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
              I do think Richard Waugh was the best Wesker. The UC voice was terrible at some parts. I didn't mind the new voice for Ada, but I wished sally Cahill would have done it. Even if the voices aren't as good as fans think they should be, Capcom obviously hired them for a reason. After all.... Degeneration with "bad" voice acting will still be better than the live actions movies they have made so far.
              According to Sally herself, the other actors were too expensive AND they are now working on the new studio in LA, so may it's cheaper and easier for them to hire new voice actors.

I don't like Wesker's voice on REUC. I am a huge fan of Waugh's voice...
              http://www.residentevildatabase.com
              Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

It always baffles me how little game companies care about keeping the same voice actors. It seems like Kojima is really the only stand-out who try's to tell a good story and keeps the same actors on board.

Comment

And Valve.

(Although they changed the voice of the Vortigaunts in HL2:Ep2)

Comment

Crystal Dynamics kept everyone for the Legacy of Kain series.

Comment

Kojima respects the fans of MGS series.
                      Capcom, it's sad to say, but they don't respect the fans of RE. They do what's the best for them only. If other actors are cheaper, ok, let's do it. They don't care and totally forget that voices create some kind of "identity" to characters.

Comment

I think they should use the actors from the original PS1 game.

And bring back live action cutscenes.
                        Last edited by BLSR1; 06-08-2008, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                          I wonder, will it only have an English voice track or will they pull a 4D Executer and have a Japanese track (along with an English one)?
                          They will probably have an English one as well. One of the websites is in English, which 4D didn't have one. Usually you don't market something to an American/English speaking audience and don't have whatever it is in their language.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                            I think they should use the actors from the original PS1 game.

And bring back live action cutscenes.
                            Yep they should of used em for the movies too since the in-game models are based of them they just needed a bigger budget an told how to act properly, Barry's dialog was awful, the live action intro was like a b movie in it's own right.
                            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                              Yep they should of used em for the movies too since the in-game models are based of them they just needed a bigger budget an told how to act properly, Barry's dialog was awful, the live action intro was like a b movie in it's own right.
                              Oh God! Am I the only one who loves Barry's quotes? Barry's original voice rocks! The "new Barry" on Remake is so... so serious. [but I like him too]

Comment

Safe "DIJENERESHON Resident Evil" in America's dubbing is complete! ! !
                                That was taken from the Deg. Blog and put through google translator. So it would seem that yes, Degeneration will be in English.
                                sigpic
                                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Working...
                                X