RE Operations Raccoon City & RE Revelations Gamers Day 2011 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
    Yeah but aside from RE5 blonde chick, Rachel will be important for the overal plot. That's my guess.
    I don't think it will be Rachel herself; but who she works for.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

More or less. At least in RE5 we got to see her eyes, lol.
      Last edited by ElusionM; 10-31-2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I guess I forgot to post my impressions on the new trailers.

Revelations: Looks good, loving the B.O.W. attack on the city, seeing the hunters jump on the car and at a civilian was awesome. Gameplay seems solid. My only complaint is that the squid-like monsters seem plentiful and annoying. Think there will be any zombies in the game?

Operation Raccoon City: Honestly, the trailer looked pretty damn good. It was until I stopped the video and noticed Nemesis holding a minigun that pissed me off. The main reason I never had to much of a problem with the movies is because they stayed in their own universe. Seeing more elements like this, is worrisome for me. But whatever, the games not canon, and with other obvious things such as the "T02" and the layout of buildings such as kendos gun shop being right near STAGLA gas station, I don't think they're focusing on it to much. I still plan on picking it up, and it does look fun, but I expect myself to be bitching through it. Love what they're doing to Nicholai though.

Comment

Claire's random "Hi there" isn't just off, but also cringing. Awful.
          Last edited by ElusionM; 10-31-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
            The entire game comes off as pretentious, no surprise that the dialogue is equally cringe inducing. Sounds like it's written by a 12 year old attempting to portray drama. "SO YOU'RE WITH UMBRELLA HUH WELL YOU'RE GONNA DIE BECAUSE YOU'RE BAD".

Comment

I SEE EVERYTHING...

Comment

GRR WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, FOR UMBRELLARAAWR

At least the past voice actors in the series actually tried to sound sincere.

Comment

Haters gonna hate
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Well, lines like "We gonna finish this once and for all" aren't much better either.

Comment

Both trailers were AWESOME. Revelations keeps looking better and better. Those translucent Hunters look pretty badass. And I'm actually rather intrigued in the Raid mode! Seems like it will be just as addictive as Mercenaries. Don't know if this info was posted anywhere else yet, so just in case:

Spoiler:

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                      The entire game comes off as pretentious, no surprise that the dialogue is equally cringe inducing. Sounds like it's written by a 12 year old attempting to portray drama. "SO YOU'RE WITH UMBRELLA HUH WELL YOU'RE GONNA DIE BECAUSE YOU'RE BAD".
                      Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you are saying about the dialogue. But.. Couldn't you say this for every game in the series?...
                      Last edited by PracticalAl; 10-31-2011, 01:39 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

None of the other games in the series come off as pretentious, or even melodramatic (outside of a few instances). Except maybe UC and DC. The whole "This is war..." thing with HUNK makes me cringe every fucking time... and it's in this game. Yay.

Comment

Not necessarily, I for one didn't seem to find anything wrong with the dialogue in Resident Evil 5, and IIRC even RE0 or REmake(it's been very long since I last played either, so I am open to corrections).

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                            True to the RE series then ;)
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                              True to the RE series then ;)
                              Not really.

Comment

Bad dialogue isn't new. Very few of the games actually took their script seriously. The rest had cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X