Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News report topic! (For newsreporting, not discussion)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GalacticAE View Post
    Just in case you missed it Dot, it's only 1 in a series of future statue releases.

I'm tempted to pick them up as they release. ....but $200. yikes

EDIT: Well, I just saw the Chris and jill statues and there's something weird about them. Hopefully G and Nemesis will looks better since those are ones I would want.
    I agree. The Jill statue's face looks off. There is no other way to put it, its just uncannily similar but not the same. Her face seems way too pudgy from a frontal angle. The other figures did a better job of capturing her likeness. Chris' statue is better, but I think they exaggerated his features like his chin. I don't recall his face being that "chiseled," I always thought he looked like a regular guy.

Comment

• The playasia.com listing for Chris mentions a Wesker figure too. I wonder if they will go with his new UC gear, or a more classic Wesker.

So the line up is
      Chris
      Jill
      Wesker
      G
      Tyrant
      Nemesis

Is that all? At $200 US a piece, thats $1200 on statuettes right there... I'll be giving them a miss.
      sigpic

Comment

• Well, obviously we know there'll be more RE games other than RE5, but perhaps we might hear something a little sooner than we though? This could just be reading more into the situation than is necessary, but i think it's worth sharing none the less!

So here goes. Christian Svenson (Capcom's Vice-President of Strategic Planning & Business Development) on their messageboard posted the following...
        Originally posted by Sven
        I suspect that RE:UC won't hit RE4's new lofty sales but I'm still pleased with its performance so far.
        So i kinda felt the need to ask a couple of questions...
        Originally posted by Big Stu
        1) That when Capcom Japan decide (if they haven't already of course) to put out another RE game on the Wii, that they'd look at the figures and see the need for an "RE4 engine" based title, rather than another on-rails shooter?

2) As much as i'd like to see RE5 come out on the Wii, i'd be even more interested in a brand new RE game using RE4's engine of course. Where would you stand on that also, your personal preference of course, not looking for "the company line" so to speak. If you're allowed to comment on that of course.
        In reply, Sven had the following to say...
        Originally posted by Sven
        The answers to both of those questions would shed a bit too much light on certain things at this time.
        Does anyone else think that might sound a little promising? Surely it can't just be me can it?

Comment

• Three World Exclusives for ResidentEvli.it:
          #1: New Umbrella Chronicles Trailer
          #2: SD Quality Trailer for Resident Evil Resurrected Edition
          #3: HD Quality Trailer for Resident Evil Degeneration

Comment

• I hadn't seen any news of a NEW Umbrella Chronicles trailer?

Comment

• I think you don't understand the fine line between Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD). A SD video is 480i or 480p. What makes something HD is that it has more than 480 vertical scan lines, so in essence you just have two world exclusive. Thanks for ripping the trailers off of the Extinction DVD though.
              Last edited by Krispy; 12-21-2007, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                I hadn't seen any news of a NEW Umbrella Chronicles trailer?
                Its off the Extinction DVD, like all the videos Cioko posted ;)
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-21-2007, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  haha really? Well, how does the old saying go? You can't polish a shit! haha

Comment

Right ;)

Originally posted by Krispy View Post
                    I think you don't understand the fine line between Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD). A SD video is 480i or 480p. What makes something HD is that it has more than 480 vertical scan lines, so in essence you just have two world exclusive. Thanks for ripping the trailers off of the Extinction DVD though.
                    My mistake... I thought HD was from 480 to 1080 vertical lines, 'cause everytime you're up to download an HD trailer, for example, they make you choose between 480p, 720p and 1080p... sorry ;) !

and Merry Christmas to all .
                    Last edited by Cioko; 12-24-2007, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Most people refer to 480p as ED, Enhanced Definition. And merry christmas too

Comment

• Hey guys I got two high resolution RE 5 Trailers (one 720p and the other 1080p) both are *.mp4.

I can upload them if someone wish

Comment

• Arent they from the PSN network? The 1080p one is just an upscale IIRC.

Comment

Arent they from the PSN network? The 1080p one is just an upscale IIRC.

Don't know, downloaded them as "Resident Evil 5 Trailer 720pHD.mp4" and "Resident Evil 5 Trailer 1080pHD.mp4"

Comment

• Hey guys. I am happy to announced the opening of Project Umbrella's forum found here

And in anticipation for the opening of the website I have the Degeneration teaser trailer in true HD (1080p and 720P) and both issues of the Umbrella Chronicles manga fully translated available for download. I fully encourage everyone to sign up, say hi, read the site FAQ, and enjoy the content. Thanks . Oh, and please don't go spreading my links on neogaf. I don't know that I could take the bandwidth hit.
                              Last edited by Krispy; 12-28-2007, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• Krispy, would it be ok if I plugged your site on a news post for the manga translations?

Comment

Working...
                                X