More RE5 Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More RE5 Details

It seems Famitsu's latest issue has some new screenshots from the full trailer, showing Chris being dragged around by the villagers as well as some actual gameplay shots. They also feature a "girl" who is supposedly a returning character. My money is on Sherry, the girl appears to be in a stasis tube of some sort and that would fit since Wesker mentioned (after having captured her) that "Theres something about this little girl".

I'm trying to get the magazine myself but it will be about a week until I can get one, so for now we will just have to settle for the usual low quality scans that come online. Adding to that, IGN has updated their article saying that the game will take place 10 years after Raccoon City's destruction, placing it in the year 2008.

A video has surfaced showing the famitsu scans (what?). You cant really make much out though.

Scan Video

Update:

I realized that I messed up on the encoding for the HD version of the Resident Evil 5 trailer shown at the Playstation Press Conference. The video cuts out a slight bit before it should and you miss some scenes including one that some believe is gameplay (Chris being taken down in an armbar). I've updated the video with a new version and you can download it below.

Ill be updating the site today and hopefully I will be able to get the video downloads page up, though no promises on that. If I do, it wont have some advanced sorting features that we want but those will hopefully come soon. But at least you wont have to dredge up old news posts to get download links anymore
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-19-2007, 10:32 PM.

I think is Sherry. There's no other RE girl who looks like this... well Sherry doesn't looks like this either... but c'mon.. it's she.. she must be.

Comment

...She has pretty large breasts.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
        Ejem... you're right... i didn't note it before...

Comment

There are only two RE female characters with blond hair (going by main series games): Sherry and Alexia. I am hoping it is Sherry simply because it would make more sense and maybe close some plotlines that have been left open for years.

Also, anyone else that she is wearing leather jacket similar to Wesker's in the latest render?
          Last edited by Krispy; 07-19-2007, 10:57 PM.

Comment

In 1998, Sherry was 12 years old. Since this game is taking place 10 years later, Sherry will now be 22.

Through some aging software, I've gotten mixed results, but meh, find me a decent picture of Sherry and I'll see what I can do...

: Original :

: Age'd :

Comment

she looks like Fiona from haunting grounds.

and shes filled out nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                Originally posted by itchytasty View Post
                and shes filled out nicely.
                You people are fucked up if thats the first thing that comes to mind
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-19-2007, 11:12 PM.

Comment

PO, where that picture came from? I didn't knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                    You people are fucked up if thats the first thing that comes to mind
                    I don't know whether to take that in with pride, or cry ;_;

EDIT: Oh yeah, you know who Sherry reminds me of right now, with the hair and the leather suit? Nina Williams. From Tekken. Especially her Tekken 4 costume. SPITTING IMAGE I tellz ya. Only Nina's leather suit is purplelish black and not all black. But still, the resemblence is right there.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 07-19-2007, 11:48 PM.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
                      PO, where that picture came from? I didn't knew it.

Here's the original :

Thanks goto Colvin for the modified original
                      Last edited by Project Omega; 07-20-2007, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue
                        Welcome to the RE community...

At first I thought she is wearing a pendant, but then I noticed it's just her clothes.
                        At the moment, my bet is on Sherry, too. She looks pretty similar for a model that is two console generations newer than the old one.

Wesker's Report (the original Japanese one without the terribly butchered translation of the English dub) read:
                        "And Sherry is now in our hands. It's Birkin's thing, this young girl is still hiding something, that's for sure."
                        Do you have a transcript of a non-official english translation or just a japanese transcript?
                        Last edited by Krispy; 07-20-2007, 12:21 AM.

Comment

she looks like Fiona from haunting grounds.
                          exactly, and im playing haunting grounds right now, she really does look like her. Mammaries and all .

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                            exactly, and im playing haunting grounds right now, she really does look like her. Mammaries and all .
                            I can't help but agree.

Carbon copy. What the hell?
                            Last edited by Krispy; 07-20-2007, 04:37 AM.

Comment

I suspect you guys havent seen Jill in the Remake and P.N.03's main character eh?

By the way Krispy, Your tripod hosting wont let you show that
                              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-20-2007, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X