Site to cover all releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site to cover all releases

I'm thinking of making a site similar to lostreleases covering every single resi evil game, demo / trial & beta available with box / cover art, id's and the differences between them does anyone wants to help me on this venture???

So far for all the PC releases i've got am I missing any?

BIOHAZARD - 1 000 000 commemorative version - PC
    BIOHAZARD - Ultra 2000 - + Spine card - PC
    BIOHAZARD - PC - Carton Box - 3800
    BIOHAZARD - PC - Carton Box - 6800
    BIOHAZARD - PC - NEC Power VR API
    Resident Evil - American PC game - Old carton Box version
    Resident Evil - UK
    Resident Evil -The White Label Release (Germany)
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 12-27-2007, 09:43 AM.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

This is just a quick mock-up, I need a image 1020px by 158px for the banner with the tag line "I'll be investigating this..." if anyone can make one please I'm crap at photoshop, ohh and if and any of you know a decent free host that has a decent bandwidth allowance with no adds cos geocities are whores feel free to tell me it.

sigpic

Comment

When I'm back home next weak I can scan the

-Biohazard 0 Trial
      -Resident Evil 4 Trial Edition (NGC)

Covers if you wish

Comment

Thanks!

sigpic

Comment

Looks pretty neat so far, no banner though.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I'm the owner of Lost Releases. I found this site through my site stats over sites which link to LR. I was happy to find a forum where people are interested in collectable RE/SH releases, so I've read the forum for a while but didn't register before today.

I was planning to ask people here to help build LR, by submitting info/scans and make corrections (I'm sure there are some errors SOMEWHERE ;)). It's not that I'm afraid of "competition", but wouldn't it be better to help an established website than to start from scratch? LR already has a lot of info, and it has taken over two years to get there.

On the other hand, I know my site is somewhat lacking in some aspects - I decided to cover only the plastic itself (like on my Nirvana site: www.crimson-cermeony.net/pr3), and not bother with different features between different versions of a game - I figured that was covered elsewhere on the Net. So my site shows which different versions there are, but says nothing about them. Got to draw the line somewhere!

Either way - there you have it. I'll be happy to receive contributions from people here, and I always credit submissions. I also hope that I can cooperate with kevstha's site, though that is not an invitation to copy my entire website. ;)

(Please do not misunderstand. I hold no grudge whatsoever against any other person trying to build an RE/SH releases site - I am not so pretentious that I believe I have a copyright on the idea, and other angles on the subject are appreciated - sites were even present before my site, but none went for a complete coverage approach like I do. Just saying it so you don't think I'm an ass. ;))

Thanks for reading ;) // A
            lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Well if you want we could help each over you could add the site that i'm creating as an sub section to your site and host it if your willing and still have your main site as an index / catalogue of releases, I'm currently in the design phase and gathering as much info as I can I was planning to release it on the net sometime mid February.
              Last edited by kevstah2004; 12-30-2007, 07:26 PM.

sigpic

Comment

I can't take up hosting duties I'm afraid, but I'll be happy to link to your site once I see exactly what it is you're planning to build, if it adds to my website.
                lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Ok i'll contact you when i've got something substantial together.

This is the last site I created http://www.geocities.com/booth_emily/
                  Last edited by kevstah2004; 12-30-2007, 08:00 PM.

sigpic

Comment

When I originally put togther my release list;

a few years back, that was my original intention to start loading in all of the games releases and information, but it became a huge task and a casulty to the lack of work on the site. You guys are doing well with that content. I might link to you both sometime.

Comment

Hey Rombie, you own and run 'residentevilfan'?!
                      That used to be my favorite 'got to' site for everything RE
                      But then it became very inactive and I found the link to this here Dot's site. I'm not sure if he's happy about it but I've been here ever since. The regular updates and the forums here make it a fun place to be...
                      REfan is still a great site in terms of content. Great job!

Comment

Yup. Thats why my user name is on the news posts there. I used to big a fairly big member in the older RE communities back in the day, used to also operate RESitez and assist a large number of the other webmasters with their stuff. I've been working on survival horror and RE based sites for over 10 years now. Most of which I would assume pre-date most of the users of most of the remaining sites these days.

Anyway, glad you found somewhere you could post. Dot and I were talking about how the number of visitors to THIA jumped when I left that link on the front page for months.

We are working on getting more active content wise again in the new year though, so keep an eye out.
                        Last edited by Rombie; 12-31-2007, 10:17 AM.

Comment

@ Rombie: I had no idea you are the owner of ReFan , that was my favorite english site, REsitez also was a great summary of sites, I always love it. Great work n_n.

@ Anders: I've been thinking in contact you a few times, but I always forgot for what... and i'm a little bit lazy n_n". Nice to see you're here right now .

PS: The RE3 Nemesis [SLES 02698] is the UK release, when I find my disc I'll tell you if is from Virgin or Eidos, I don't remember right now.
                          Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 12-31-2007, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
                            PS: The RE3 Nemesis [SLES 02698] is the UK release, when I find my disc I'll tell you if is from Virgin or Eidos, I don't remember right now.
                            From Eidos, I played it before, the Eidos screen came up, no Virgin.
                            Last edited by Gradon; 12-31-2007, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
                              Thanks, I'll fix this in the next update. Scans would be appreciated!
                              lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Working...
                              X