X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Maybe a) RE 4 Development Beta (???)

Hello Community
    Ive got a question,let me explain:

Ive found an interesting version of Re 4.The Debug menu is fully opend.
    Whats interesting with this version??
    The pic from Hunningham is missing and you can only read the text from her and leon
    All Documents are missing
    You can use the silencer in this version
    This version is playable till level 1-3
    the Merchant menu is different as in the final version
    A cutscene with saddler is different as in the final game
    Some voices are different ""
    I want to ask,if its possible,that this version is a development version/beta,because this version doesnt looks like a hacked version or something else.After extracting the files i found a interesting pic from a women and a pic.The pic shows a bottle for pills (you can find those pics here in this forum)
    What did the community say?does anyone know this version and can tell me more???
    i hope my english was good enough that all users can understand what i want

doku:

Videos:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6
    Last edited by Robert_Kendo; 12-28-2009, 11:34 AM.

It most likely is. Where did you find it? Has it been released on torrent networks or something?

Comment

oh no.i havent got this version from a torrent or elsewhere from the internet...a collector gave this version to me after i send him a iso file from a outbreak public beta

Comment

You have no idea how badly I wish that those silencers were in the final version.
        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

the sound of the silencer is very nice..i like it to play with them

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
            You have no idea how badly I wish that those silencers were in the final version.
            They are, I posted the codes to use them before.
            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

if you use the codes,are the silencers in the final game the same as in the trial?if i remember right,the sound of this item is in the beta different as in the final version

Comment

I can't be sure but I think it's the same the description and image are missing from the final though the code I made basically adds the normal Wesker handgun silencer to every gun including the Red9 although it isn't visible on that weapon it has a odd silenced sound, I came across the silenced weapons when examining the models from the pc version so I decided to hack for use on the ps2 there's also a unused tmp model for Ada.

Last edited by kevstah2004; 12-24-2009, 05:32 PM.
                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Interesting find, Robert_Kendo!

Did anyone notice the date 09/11/05? Wasn't Bio4 released in early '05? Any plan of a release?
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Pretty sure this was a preview version. It stops just after the lake, correct? I know of a similar (maybe identical?) build. Maybe it was the same collector that had it.

Comment

yes,the game ends after the battle with the water monster on the lake.after leon is in the house,chapter 1-3 is finished.if you want you can save the game or not and after this the game is over .the only think you see is a black screen (the game doesnt crashed).
                      are you sure that this is a preview version?
                      If you want i can make some more pics or videos..... :-)

@MarkGrass:I am not sure if the date you have seen is right..maybe it was the wring date from my gamecube..i will check it later if you want
                      Last edited by Robert_Kendo; 12-25-2009, 02:55 AM.

Comment

The very first glimpse from Resident evil 4 as we ended up being. It was showed in May 2004. There's quite a lot of differences in this video:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Is there any Resident Evil 4 Trial Editions based on this early trailer?

Comment

By all means dude, post more screens Its quite interesting. When I said preview version, I mean a preview for the press so they could write something up for their magazine. For sure, its a beta. So any more coverage you can do would be great.

If possible, would you be able to create an .sfv file if you can dump the GCM contents? I was speaking with the collector that has a similar version to this last night, but hes not the same one you got this from. So I'd be curious if the file hashes match between his version and his. That would prove its existence as a preview build for the press and rule out any internal only Capcom build. Its quite rare to see a Gamecube beta like this "in the wild". Theres only a few people who have the hardware to rip them (I'm one of them )

You might also want to direct your eyes to an older feature we created here. It might be useful to test some of the other debug features, to see if they are usable.
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-25-2009, 11:33 AM.

Comment

i think i will make a long video to show all of this version
                            i think it isnt a version for the press,because capcom must be stupid if they send the press a version with fully opened debug.

if seen your 2 trials on your hp,i have them too.ive compared the trial with open debug (not your hacked version) with my beta version.after checking the debug menu,i found some functions in the debug wich are enabled in the trial,but in the beta they are disabled...puh,hard to say for me in english whats interesting in this version.
                            After extracting the files from the beta i found 2 interesting thinks on the disc...oh...lets talk about 3 interesting thinks...
                            2 pics ive never seen before.A pic from a women and a pic from a bottle,maybe for pills (those pics you can see here in this forum)
                            the last interesting point is a .das file with the name R10a
                            If you use the debug menu you can find on the SCENARIO page this file R10a,its called: HOOK_STALKING_R10A
                            Maybe its the file from the hookman,but i cant open this file.maybe inside this file are some 3D textures or some other stuff..i dont know
                            Whats interesting,too???!!

While my english isnt very good,i think i will show you some pics whats interesting,too...
                            i will upload them later

Comment

Theres multiple instances of Capcom sending the press debug menu versions of their games. This ranges the gamut from RE4 era, to Xbox 360 games. So its not as uncommon as you might think. Its mostly done to aid reviewers if they find games too difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X