Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visiting America

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Visiting America

    Morning all.

    After being flat out busy with life and work for months, I finally booked my end of year holidays

    I'll be going to Miami, arriving on the 14th of Jan and on a cruise from the 19th to the 23rd. I'll be leaving town on the 26th. So I've got 3-4 free days either side of my pre booked cruise. Anyone got any suggestions for things to do and or see whole there? Things on the list so far are to shoot some guns, and to eat hot n spicy kfc. More inventive suggestions would be awesome
    sigpic

  • #2
    Go to Arby's. Eat Arby's. Die happy.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
      Morning all.

      After being flat out busy with life and work for months, I finally booked my end of year holidays

      I'll be going to Miami, arriving on the 14th of Jan and on a cruise from the 19th to the 23rd. I'll be leaving town on the 26th. So I've got 3-4 free days either side of my pre booked cruise. Anyone got any suggestions for things to do and or see whole there? Things on the list so far are to shoot some guns, and to eat hot n spicy kfc. More inventive suggestions would be awesome
      Miami hmmmmp?

      I can think of something:

      Click image for larger version

Name:	spring-break-pool-line-up.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	400627

      "I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

      Comment


      • #4
        Gene lives in Australia - I suspect the only reason he's visiting Miami is so he can avoid dressing in a fur coat and arctic gear. Somehow, I suspect women in bikini's are not high on his to-do list.

        ...although when I phrase it that badly...

        Comment


        • #5
          Ironic since I'm setting my trip to Australia. I guess we'll even the balance.

          Comment


          • #6
            Disney World! Specifically, the Grand Floridan Resort & Spa, gorgeous place and so relaxing, you won't be disappointed! * u*..
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Go to Arby's. Eat Arby's. Die happy.
              Arby's? Why Arby's? There are a lot better roast beef places. Come on down to the St. Louis area and eat at Lion's Choice, now that's some good roast beef. Sorry I don't know of anything to do in Miami.
              Fission mailed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ununoctium View Post
                Arby's? Why Arby's? There are a lot better roast beef places. Come on down to the St. Louis area and eat at Lion's Choice, now that's some good roast beef. Sorry I don't know of anything to do in Miami.
                Me and Gene already talked and if hes coming near St. Louis, he's coming to KCK so me and him can get fat on BBQ and other things.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                  Me and Gene already talked and if hes coming near St. Louis, he's coming to KCK so me and him can get fat on BBQ and other things.
                  Since when are KCK and STL near each other? That's like saying Paris and Warsaw are near each other.
                  Last edited by Ununoctium; 10-27-2011, 07:33 PM.
                  Fission mailed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ununoctium View Post
                    Since when are KCK and STL near each other? That's like saying Paris and Warsaw are near each other.
                    Last time I checked, Missiouri and Kansas are right next to each other. From where I live it takes about 3 and a half hours to get to St. Louis and both are in the central time zone.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                      Last time I checked, Missouri and Kansas are right next to each other. From where I live it takes about 3 and a half hours to get to St. Louis and both are in the central time zone.
                      St. Louis is immediately on the Missouri-Illinois border. Kansas City straddles the Missouri-Kansas border. On completely opposite sides of the state, hundreds of miles apart and several hours apart.
                      Fission mailed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pretend to be Dexter Morgan's long-lost Australian relative?

                        Sorry. I couldn't resist.

                        Check out the Coral Castle or Vizcaya Museum & Gardens perhaps?
                        sigpic
                        Non-blurry Signature Version
                        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ununoctium View Post
                          St. Louis is immediately on the Missouri-Illinois border. Kansas City straddles the Missouri-Kansas border. On completely opposite sides of the state, hundreds of miles apart and several hours apart.
                          Too bad that state you mentioned is small, and 3.5 hours is considered close on a relative scale. It's roughly 200 miles apart if my memory serves me right, which isn't "hundreds of miles apart". You could drive there in the morning and arrive way before lunch.

                          Vegas is 3 hours from me (Los Angeles), and I consider that very close.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            When you live in Australia 3 hours is very close
                            And Darkmoon, I'll be leaving the sweltering Australian summer to go to a Miami winter. It's not the weather Im going for - it's to go and see Weezer on their Weezer cruise. I'll be in South America beforehand too on a Galapagos cruise.

                            It doesn't snow in Australia, and barely gets below 4-5 degrees in winter nights. You've really got the wrong idea DM. And I'm always interrsted in women in bikinis Although you're right about Arby's. I had it a couple of times when I was in the USA last in 1999. It was amazing
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                              It doesn't snow in Australia, and barely gets below 4-5 degrees in winter nights.
                              It does, just not across the whole country. Don't make me go and get my Snowy Mountains photos out to prove it Gene. ;
                              Last edited by Enetirnel; 10-28-2011, 04:33 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Non-blurry Signature Version
                              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X