Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many builds were there for RE 3.5?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by geluda View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I don't even care if it's a good game or not I just want to see the game on my TV screen in motion like I should have done all those years ago. Ever since I saw pictures of the retail game in magazines I was disappointed, for me I just want to fill that little gap in my child hood.

    my great dude, i will not lock myself in "which RE is the best oldschool". i sense exactly the same you feel about 3.5. when i started with RE2, i was 8, not carrying about gaming . 3 i skipped, 3.5 i was 13. i was very consciousness about the game, and i was a huge fan. i bought a gamecube for RE4, expected the game like mad, BUT...! and all went wrong, RE4 was a crappy game released soon in ps2; there is this gap in childhood. 3.5 was so good, it shows for us not the leon super hero, but the very, very brave man alone facing the darkness with a desert eagle, even walking on a "flying footbridge".

    i wonder if someone proved if the thank your for playing image are true, togheter with the hookman face, xmas ahsley, and that woman in black tint.

    how people acess the re4 folders? windows cant do it.
    Last edited by yurieu; 08-08-2012, 05:57 PM.

    Comment


    • #47
      You guys have to remember there are probably a ton of builds that the public didn't even see. To put an exact number on how many builds were made is pretty much impossible.

      Comment


      • #48
        'Builds' is more or less a rough guide for folks to get an idea of where a build's located in a game's timeline and it's unique features. Everytime someone at Capcom burns a new master disc it's technically a new build, but since the public will only see a handful of those builds in images and videos and even less will get leaked it helps keep track of the damned things. I suppose 'version' would also work.

        As for Leon's 3.5 version being super powered...I think the big difference between that and Ninja Action Agent Leon is that those super powers are pretty limited in most ways (slowing time/going super fast being the most potent) and that they were killing him and mutating him while they were enhancing his power. Hell, the arm thing could all be a dream and only used to fight hallucination monsters. It's a solid bit of body horror with added gameplay value. The retail Leon is also infected, and also a Super Action Ninja Agent With Gun Fu Knife Action, but the two are unrelated, The body horror isn't there because Leon pretty much ignore, bar Saddler's Force Choking him and choking out Ada.

        Comment


        • #49
          I've just seen this Leon's mutant power hand and I thought I saw every available thing of RE3.5. What all is known about that version (if anyone has a decent link)?

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by MilkyAlien View Post
            I've just seen this Leon's mutant power hand and I thought I saw every available thing of RE3.5. What all is known about that version (if anyone has a decent link)?
            all i know:


            http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/...dent-evil-545/

            http://www.projectumbrella.net/forum...-Ver-After-DMC

            http://www.projectumbrella.net/artic...oject-Umbrella

            http://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth...epth-analysis/

            HD footage gameplay:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFi14..._Jxmit0OS5Gq9w

            Comment


            • #51
              A lot of this is bullshit.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                A lot of this is bullshit.
                well, i think they are 50% right. but they start to mix those ganados concepts, church and, and thats all related to the final RE4, not 3.5.

                the ada concept maybe its just the normal ada we have, and the ashley would be an extra clothing. im sure if they would put a girl on 3.5 that would be fiona, the same mechanics, the same face. RE4 final has its own mechanics, the robotized one. devil may cry 1, re 3.5 and demento has a more fluid mechanics(character walking and running).

                but, despite those interviews, i think this is all we know, with those images.

                now, i thinking in the dude who enabled the debug menu in re4 trial. when he saw the airship name, he must have been stoned and start to scream and jump of happiness (thats what i would do)... but after click.... SO SAD!


                notes: i think there are some things in final RE4 which is related but keep secret about RE3.5(reusing stuff). somehow i think leon's tyrant arm would be close to verdugo(the Re3.5 possible thank u for playing SS) or krauser arm(just thinking), maybe the unveiled character from umbrella would be someone with krauser skin.
                Last edited by yurieu; 08-10-2012, 04:00 AM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  As for Leon's 3.5 version being super powered...I think the big difference between that and Ninja Action Agent Leon is that those super powers are pretty limited in most ways (slowing time/going super fast being the most potent) and that they were killing him and mutating him while they were enhancing his power. Hell, the arm thing could all be a dream and only used to fight hallucination monsters. It's a solid bit of body horror with added gameplay value. The retail Leon is also infected, and also a Super Action Ninja Agent With Gun Fu Knife Action, but the two are unrelated, The body horror isn't there because Leon pretty much ignore, bar Saddler's Force Choking him and choking out Ada.
                  I think the general progression of RE4 has gone from something like the original design going in a Dino Crisis 2-ish direction in what ended up becoming Devil May Cry (remember that it was "supposedly" a physics bug that caused the air juggle that seemingly was the main inspiration for the DMC directional change).

                  When they went for 3.5, assuming supernatural stuff was already a part of RE4 BEFORE it become DMC, I get the feeling that they wanted to keep some of that and went wth the infected Leon direction. As for his skills? I dunno if those "effect" items really were tied to his special powers and not just test items for specific engine effects (but then again, slow motion/bullettime DOES seem like a likely function for them to've been experimenting with). I get the feeling that Leon's mutated arm more or less just gave him abilities in the direction of what's already been seen with Krauser and Wesker in Mercenaries.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I see people talk about Devil may Cry, but are there any comparisons with RE 3.5? Has the Devil may cry disc been extracted? Were there any RE 3.5 stuff?

                    Also, I never knew Leon was supposed to have powers? I mean mutated arm, and slow motion? I read Leon was supposed to die at the end of RE 3.5. Maybe he was slowly becoming a monster from being infected that is why his arm was mutated. And the slow motion thing, do you mean when the screen turns blue and dead or inanimate things come to life? I thought this was an effect from being infected with the virus which made him hallucinate. I wish the hook man demo was available, then these questions would be answered.
                    Last edited by Black~Crow; 08-10-2012, 10:54 PM.
                    I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      well, leon's power was confirmed by paul mercied and hideki in interviews i guess. andwe can barely see this in the gameplay video, with leon with no glove and ripped jacket with stripes. but we can only suppose and suppose... maybe he would have the attacks from wesker and krauser. but there is something i perceived now; leon cant aim free, he has the remake and zero aim scheme, with auto aim. but the problem is that the camera is too dinamic, one time the aim is shoulder(hook dude), the other is fixed far away from him(doll room)...

                      anyway, the trial unused features i guess were just testing used in final. leon slow down is used in those real time cutscenes with krauser and ninja fight, the leon invisibility is testing for the novistadors(so cool the transparency respecting the geometry of the body), the leon predator vision is destined to the infrared scope.

                      but in my own hallucinated theories, im thinking these days if hunk was somehow destined to be in RE3.5, i can supose he would have the krauser skin, based on RE3 epilogue(and i guess 3.5 and 3 has the same director and writer-someone correct me), they are somehow similar.

                      but lets hope in the next 10, 20 years they release this like history.

                      hey, would this become piracy if i politely ask here if someone has the secret DVD to share by torrent the full lossless VIDEO_TS folder from the disc?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                        well, leon's power was confirmed by paul mercied and hideki in interviews i guess. andwe can barely see this in the gameplay video, with leon with no glove and ripped jacket with stripes. but we can only suppose and suppose... maybe he would have the attacks from wesker and krauser. but there is something i perceived now; leon cant aim free, he has the remake and zero aim scheme, with auto aim. but the problem is that the camera is too dinamic, one time the aim is shoulder(hook dude), the other is fixed far away from him(doll room).
                        Regarding the aim; we talked about that subject back when we were doing the translations and stuff for the video and leftover junk we found on one of the builds of RE4 we found.

                        Basically, we "believe" the aiming system to've utilized the "click/pressure" system of the GC controller.
                        At that time, Metal Gear Solid 2 pretty much served as the benchmark for how to do fancy functions with the analog pressure sensitivity of the DualShock 2's buttons and I bet RE3.5 was no different.

                        General impression I got was that by just holding the trigger slightly pressed, you'd enter regular/classic aim and pressing it all the way past the click zone makes it go over-the-shoulder.
                        Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                        hey, would this become piracy if i politely ask here if someone has the secret DVD to share by torrent the full lossless VIDEO_TS folder from the disc?
                        Non-commercial promo stuff is OK.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          well, why my gamecube dont have pressure button? i mean, the analog stick has no push, just move.

                          the RE3.5, unfortunately, we only see the player aiming in the "X-axis"( <-- --> ) not up and down when the camera spot to shoulder, so , we cant say if the aiming is spherical. assuming the aiming system is traditional all time, maybe mikami saw the shoulder cam had a great potential, then implemented the "all direction" aiming.


                          then, when he becomes traditional camera, we see leon aiming and moving the body like remake, totally diferent from RE4, in which leon turn himself without moving his legs(implemented on RE5). this, together with the 2d shadows, was a signal for ps2 porting ehehe ¬¬

                          well, since its allowed, i invite some glorious dude to share by torrent the secret DVD by ripping the entire full lossless VIDEO_TS folder, cuz im tired of low quality youtube videos. i guess secret dvd has the airship trailer, uh?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            NOT THE ANALOG STICKS.
                            The GC has analog shoulder buttons. The system knows how far in they are pressed - racing games and Metroid actively use this. On the PS2's DualShock 2, Metal Gear Solid 2-3 also use these (along with analog face buttons, for CQC mainly in MGS3)
                            Last edited by Carnivol; 08-11-2012, 03:16 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              NOT THE ANALOG STICKS.
                              The GC has analog shoulder buttons. The system knows how far in they are pressed - racing games and Metroid actively use this. On the PS2's DualShock 2, Metal Gear Solid 2-3 also use these (along with analog face buttons, for CQC mainly in MGS3)
                              oh yeah, the triggers or shoulders... i noticed u push them so much, in the limit it clicks like a button...

                              since we are talking about this, that screen shot with the control scheme is true? did someone translate it?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Real. Came from leftover files found on a pre-E3 build of RE4.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X