Update on my Zelda Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my Zelda Game

An update from my homebrew game in Game Maker. I may be starting a blog for my game when the time is right. But it is definitely worth looking at if you like Zelda and/or Resident Evil. This is probably my most ambitious project yet.

Inventory, Precise Collision & Sword Animation

Blood, Points & Level System
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Land Mines & Enemy Land Mines
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Overworld Areas from 10% Build

Fairy Ponds not only restore your health to full, they also act as Save Points. If you have a Green Gem, you can save your game, much like the Ink Ribbons in Resident Evil. If you don't have a Green Gem, you're screwed.

The sword animation, while the idea is the same as Infidelity's, I drew all of the sprites myself, and Link no longer has the shield attached to him. The shield is a separate item that you will pick up along the way.

The Points act as a different type of currency. Similar to Dino Crisis 2, the more points you get, the more you can upgrade your weapons. For example, you can upgrade your first sword to Level 2, which makes it a bit more stronger. When you get the second and third swords, you can upgrade those as well.

The Level System will effect the gameplay as well. The higher your level, the more likely you are to receive an extra heart container, and increase your attack and defense power by a point or two.

Other weapons coming soon!
    Last edited by RetroRain; 03-12-2013, 11:35 AM.
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Looking good.

I remember trying to make games with RPG Maker. But after spending hours making backgrounds and pixelated characters, I found out that I really, really only wanted to play games... not make 'em.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
      Looking good.

I remember trying to make games with RPG Maker. But after spending hours making backgrounds and pixelated characters, I found out that I really, really only wanted to play games... not make 'em.
      Agreed, as they say, self sufficiency is the path to poverty, gotta outsource that shit. Technical implementation is important but mostly in exceptional cases not for mod developers/amateur game creators.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
        Agreed, as they say, self sufficiency is the path to poverty, gotta outsource that shit. Technical implementation is important but mostly in exceptional cases not for mod developers/amateur game creators.
        Or in my case... I just realized that I was making a game where all the plots, puzzles and enemy placements were already known and previously solved by the target audience: ME.

So I came to the conclusion that I rather solve games that other people make, than to make them.

Because when I tried making them, the magic & the mystery was gone. Since I already knew the answers.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X