Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Someone I know and can trust to film video today, pref this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Someone I know and can trust to film video today, pref this morning.

I'm working on my own online multiplayer action adventure game. This is a brand new game with an original story. It's not a mod. It might end up being fanfiction quality against my best effort, but it isn't fanfiction. I'm emulating the mechanics I love that the original RE games emulated from previous games, that's all the similarity there will be. There's no bows or zombies involved. What will be different is that you will be able to interact a lot more with the environment than most adventure games I know of.

While I love fixed cameras and this game will have that system, I know it's short comings. They will be planned to transition in a manner that won't leave a blind corner unless it's logical for one to be there.

There's no diffuse maps yet. I am going to photograph my own texture bases next month. I'm hoping to make enough so I can purchase a better camera. Most of the professional work I did was making up diffuse textures so it's odd they're not the first thing I went into. But I want to do that job only once. So I'm holding off if I can afford a better camera than what I have.

Here is a link to my indiegogo campaign to try and get this going:

Survival Horror Game for Windows and Linux with multiplayer. | Check out 'Dross Multiplayer' on Indiegogo.

I made a mistake in the duration, I will have to relaunch it longer once it's over. I don't need 100k right away, but I would need at least 1/20th of that soon to keep going full time:

Features:
    • Multiple characters to choose from with unique features and abilities.
    • All scenarios will be playable with online partners as an option
    • Walk and Shoot
    • Switch to over the shoulder cam any time you want to
    • Auto aim in 3D, switch targets from nearest to farthest
    • Dodging / Evasion moves to avoid being hit
    • Unlockable weak characters for extra challenge
    • Independently customizable difficulty level for action and puzzles: easy, normal or difficult
    • Each character will talk
    • Light weight objects in the environment won't be locked in place. You'll be able to move them around
    Last edited by The_15th; 05-21-2013, 03:23 PM.

I cannot be trusted.

Also... people still use AIM?
    Last edited by Code_R; 05-15-2013, 12:48 PM.

Comment

AOL Instant Messenger.

Comment

Updated with what I'm working on. This is not finished at all. There are no diffuse textures yet. Spending most of my time getting the game to be playable and functional over a network, first.

Anybody with suggestions what I should work on first to get at least 1 supporter, let me know.

I'm going to update it again next week with textures, fights and characters not walking through walls.

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
          I PMed Carnivol about this and he's not getting back to me?
          Oh, pardon, forgot to reply to it. Been getting a retarted amount of dull PMs lately, so kinda been ignoring the PM box a bit. Thread's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
            Oh, pardon, forgot to reply to it. Been getting a retarted amount of dull PMs lately, so kinda been ignoring the PM box a bit. Thread's fine.
            Thanks, I wasn't sure since I'm asking for funding. If you could update the thread title, that'd be great. Thanks,

Comment

I relaunched the campaign to last 2 more months, that's about as long as I can keep working on it without any funding. I will update this week with a new video showing progress.

If you like this but don't want to or can't contribute, please please talk about it. If I gather sufficient interest, it can help me acquire a loan. Right now, I don't have much to back me up if I were to go to a bank. No game company is making classic survival horror, the support outbreak crowd were mostly not even willing to play on the Japanese servers for 8$ a month, I can go to private funding, but I need some sort of way to show there is interest in this genre that might translate into sales.
              Last edited by The_15th; 05-21-2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X