No announcement yet.

What console will win this generation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What console will win this generation?

Basically, as every next gen console is now official, what one do you think, of the 3, will probably win the next gen console wars?

If you were keeping track, in sales and numbers, PS1 won vs 64 and Saturn, PS2 won vs xbox and gamecube.
    However current gen was a complete tie when it all comes down to it.

Next gen though, who do you think will likely sell the most?

Imo, after reading ALOT of posts on the internet, such as IGN and on facebook walls, it seems clear PS4 will likely outsell the Xbox One and WiiU. My personal opinion is PS4, which i will likely be getting.
    Sony Playstation 4
    65.00%
    Nintendo Wii U
    25.00%
    Microsoft Xbox One
    10.00%

Well the PS3 is now killing it after a slow and pricey start I agree, but yes my money will be on and going to the PS4. I just hope it gets a sexy design, Big can be sexy done right, just look at the first PS3, it's so beautiful, I still love it more than all the redesigns they did.

Comment

Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
      Well the PS3 is now killing it after a slow and pricey start I agree, but yes my money will be on and going to the PS4. I just hope it gets a sexy design, Big can be sexy done right, just look at the first PS3, it's so beautiful, I still love it more than all the redesigns they did.
      Big is beautiful. XD

But no really, as long as they make the design something that can easily keep it cool, and not have issues, ill be happy.
      I dont want to end up getting a dead console after only 1 year because of faulty cooling.

Comment

Indeed, and it MUST have the option to stand upright as well as flat, i have no room to sit another flat console near my bloody huge tv, so even if i wanted the XBOX ONE, its as big as a DVD player and id have nowhere to put it.

Comment

If its an xbox one you can put it in the garbage.

Comment

The winner of the next gen is the PC... Just sayin'...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I do not see this as whos the best, but i really really believe both will "struggle" to sell.

expensive consoles with tons of social crap features and -till now- zero promisses of ultra realistic graphics.

Comment

With the limited info on fine prints for the PS4 and exclusives for the ONE, I'm curious to see which one of these two manages to garner the most hype at E3... either way, Nintendo. Already rocking everyone's socks on the handheld market after their "relaunch" (pricecut) of the 3DS, if they can somehow break into the console market with a similar relaunch of the WiiU.

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                The winner of the next gen is the PC... Just sayin'...
                The lines between a PC and the Xbox ONE are kinda blurry.

Comment

The advantage the xbox had on the PS3 was some of its early features and the fact it was released one year earlier. It was also easier to develop games on that support and its graphic card was slightly more powerful than its PS3 counterpart. Overall it was a good system.

But from what I see here and there, the new xbox has none of these advantages, and even add many stupid features that people don't like. The fact that it doesn't seem to focus on video games also doesn't help.

So I wouldn't be surprised if by word of mouth it acquires a bad reputation and sells a lot less than the PS4.
                  Last edited by Rick Hunter; 05-24-2013, 06:16 AM.

Comment

It's way too early to tell really. E3 will give us a much better idea, but yeah I suppose PS4 is the more appealing to me for the moment.
                    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
                      Big can be sexy done right
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	christina-hendricks-at-the-64th-primetime-emmy-awards-02-435x580.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	402991
                      On topic; I really have very little to no interest in next gen gaming. Gaming isn't even gaming anymore. When you can watch tv/movies, post on twitter, facebook etc. on a supposed gaming console, there's a huge problem. And how things are getting now where before long I won't be able to actually buy a physical copy of a game anymore, much less an incomplete game on disc.. I won't get started on that again.

Details on the PS4 are too sparse at the moment. I wouldn't be too quick just yet to jump to Sony. They could very well end up implementing very similar used game protocols for example.

But yeh meh, in the end how I feel for this next gen of gaming an onward.. I say 'let God sort em out'. When gaming consoles become game consoles again, perhaps i'll regain some interest. :- /
                      Last edited by Deus Flux; 05-24-2013, 07:52 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                        The lines between a PC and the Xbox ONE are kinda blurry.
                        Agreed. But if you go for games, with this forced "digital" policy from Microsoft, Steam seems the best bet. There's no way that Xbox One prices can compete with Steam sales. Hell, even with their crappy client & DRM, Origin can be better.
                        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 05-24-2013, 04:10 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
                          On topic; I really have very little to no interest in next gen gaming. Gaming isn't even gaming anymore. When you can watch tv/movies, post on twitter, facebook etc. on a supposed gaming console, there's a huge problem. And how things are getting now where before long I won't be able to actually buy a physical copy of a game anymore, much less an incomplete game on disc.. I won't get started on that again.

Details on the PS4 are too sparse at the moment. I wouldn't be too quick just yet to jump to Sony. They could very well end up implementing very similar used game protocols for example.

But yeh meh, in the end how I feel for this next gen of gaming an onward.. I say 'let God sort em out'. When gaming consoles become game consoles again, perhaps i'll regain some interest. :- /
                          I thought exactly the same. The first time i fired up my original PS3 in late 2008, i was like: "Well, thats nice to have an internet browser!".
                          When i went to use it however, i discovered it was god terrible, and even a Windows 95 PC trying to browse a modern day site would run faster.

I really had nothing bad to say about PS3, but the focus sony had more on media and trying to turn the PS3 into a giant entertainment center was a big no no.
                          Sony also developed terrible processing tech for the system, that made it hard to code for, which is why the PS3 missed some good exclusives such as Saints Row 1. Hopefully the PS4 fixes everything wrong with the PS3, including the high failure rate. I dont wanna buy a system then get YLOD and have to wait about a month for a new console to arrive in the mail.

The first time that happens with the PS4, im gonna get a new one, keep it boxed and sell it on craigslist or ebay and get a gaming PC.
                          Last edited by ccrogers15; 05-24-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I guess they really are Entertainment Systems now....

Not like the old Nintendo Entertainment System <3

Comment

To be honest, fineprints in the specs probably aren't that important this gen. Not when we've reached the type of specs we're at now. Sure, you'll see a few system defining AAAA (yeah, 4) titles that'll properly exploit the specs, but it remains to be seen if they are even profitable. Developing HD titles is expensive. Producing good looking HD assets is more expensive. Fine tuning/optimizing HD assets is more expensive. Proper asset balancing versus loading is also a time consuming nightmare. So it's kinda sad to see everyone pushing for visual quality, rather than expanding the gameplay experiences and the way you interact with the game (or the way the game interacts with you). Not excluding graphics from the equation, as you can communicate a lot with "HD graphics", but if it's all just HD textures and more polygons per model, it wont create the same rich visual fidelity that Link's animated face in Wind Waker did, the grass Lost Planet 2 had in some of its scenes (more people need to talk about the grass in Lost Planet 2), the way the world of Dead Rising filled the whole screen with hundreds of animated corpses, or the way thick fog and light looked in Alan Wake.

Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
                              Sony also developed terrible processing tech for the system, that made it hard to code for, which is why the PS3 missed some good exclusives such as Saints Row 1.
                              Being developed by a relatively small dev and released a quarter before the launch of the PS3 also contributed to it not getting the first Saints Row ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X