Acedia: Indie Horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acedia: Indie Horror

I just thought I'd share a pretty cool little game I found on my Windows Phone. It's called Acedia: Indie Horror. It's "heavily inspired by Slender" (keep this in mind), and it's currently free on the app store.

When you start the game, you're slowly waking up in an unknown location. The game prompts you to find the seven "relics". They're little round things. The relics are located on the walls throughout the dungeon/maze thing, and their locations are randomized every time you play.

Now just collecting them sounds easy, right? Well you encounter this creepy entity randomly throughout the dungeon. It may appear on the path ahead. It may appear behind you if you turn around. It may be waiting around a corner or in a room for you.

I don't really know what to call it. The closer you are to it, the fuzzier the screen gets. A loud, low piano riff sounds whenever it is near or on-screen. If you get too close... Or if it gets too close too you, it's game over and you will have to start from the beginning. And you encounter it often, so it can be difficult to find or just get to all of the relics.

The music, sound, and environment are all very creepy. There is a constant fogginess, you can't see too far ahead of you. Sometimes the music will stop for no apparent reason. Sometimes you hear a shuffling noise behind you, or in the distance. Sometimes your flashlight will randomly burn out, only to turn back on a few second later.

I personally have found this game very scary. I have yet to play it and not jump in my seat, or get so nervous that I have to pause it for a few seconds to calm myself down. (But I'm a huge scaredy cat, so yeah.) The creator recommends playing at night, in the dark, with headphones. Which is something I don't plan on doing. Last time I played it, I got jump-scared so bad that I had chest pains for a few minutes.

I have yet to find all seven relics and finish the game, so I'm not sure what happens after that. It's very hard to get all seven. The closest I've gotten was six, with the seventh in my sight.

Here are some screenshots:

The room with the red painting.

This area looks like a subway or train tunnel. This can be the most dangerous area.

Dead end.

This area reminds me of a shrine or something.

So yeah, it's very Slender-esque. If you have Windows Phone, I invite you check it out (since it's free and all).
    Any thoughts? Has anyone else played this or heard of it?

I am still playing it and it is pretty creepy.
    That room u call shrine is a room where, when u collect all relics, Pentagram will appear and u will need to put all relics on angles of star in pentagram. For now i havent done it successfully yet.

Comment

Working...
    X