Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter(Successor to Megaman)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit. 20 hrs to go and less than $250k before they reach the 3DS/Vita goal. This has really been one of the most fascinating kickstarters out there I've seen.

Comment

They're going to reach that 3DS/Vita Goal. With the combined KS and PayPal totals now they only need around 43K with 14 hours to go. Hell I suspect even if they come up a couple of K short they'll just do it anyway. LOL

Comment

Yup, they hit the 3DS/Vita goal. Pretty cool if you ask me!

Comment

Yep. Looks like they might hit the bonus level where you play as Call(Becks partner) with boss fight included.

Sounds like the games going to have about 11 levels and bosses in total. Definitely cool.I'm happy they hit the 3ds/Vita goal because "its relevant to mah interests".
          Last edited by Wrathborne; 10-01-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Just over an hour left and they blasted through one of the late minute additions of the retro soundtrack. Including the PayPal money they might just make the last goal currently listed at 4 mill.
            Last edited by Rombie; 10-01-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I backed $20 in the final hour. It's official: the middle finger has been fully raised to Capcom. Mighty No. 9 hit $4 million and thus unlocked all stretch goals!

Comment

They broke 4million. Holy shit, I take a nape and wake up to this? I'm amazed. They reached every stretch goal. Thats really outstanding, I cant wait to see some updates on their project!

Comment

Awesome! I'm shocked it reached $4 million. So great that all the stretch goals were reached, I can't wait to play it on my 3DS.

I want to see the look on Capcom's face.

Comment

Originally posted by Renard View Post
                    Awesome! I'm shocked it reached $4 million. So great that all the stretch goals were reached, I can't wait to play it on my 3DS.

I want to see the look on Capcom's face.
                    To be honest I suspect this has done so well on the back of a Capcom hate train. If Capcom announced a new Megaman game it probably would get hated for some silly reason or get backhanded compliments at best. Last few retail MM games sold like crap so where these people who love MM so much they throw money at a game not out for years suddenly come from?
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I wonder how sales for this thing will be.

Like, if it'll actually have a shelf life beyond that of the kickstarter's funders. The Giana Sisters remake has done waaaaay better than its kickstarter did, so if Mighty No. 9 could replicate that kind of "success" in a growing scale, then this would be pretty darned insane and huge!

Comment

Mighty Number 9 has plenty of original Mega man crew working on it, theres a lot of experience on just making Mega Man games. Thats already an advantage. A larger advantage is having over 20 years worth of fans across the globe hungry for more Megaman.

Now that Capcom isn't making any more MegaMan games and Mighty No.9 is cemented as happening I'd say The chances of MN9 failing have been minimalized, granted theres always a chance that it will fail, but with everything Comcept has pitched so far as well as all the extended goals being reached it sounds like a pretty big game.

Inafune also said there have been a lot of ideas hes wanted to do for MegaMan in the past but was never allowed to by Capcom management that hes planning on using for MN9 so hopefully it wont just be 'more of the same'.

If they can mix in a little DLC with their title(Even just another level and Boss for Call) after the game has been released then they should be able to stick around as a developer.
                        Last edited by Wrathborne; 10-02-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                          Mighty Number 9 has plenty of original Mega man crew working on it, theres a lot of experience on just making Mega Man games. Thats already an advantage. A larger advantage is having over 20 years worth of fans across the globe hungry for more Megaman.
                          I'm REALLY excited to hear what the sound team will develop.

Takashi Tateishi's work for MegaMan 2 is one of the most memorable, emulated and remixed soundtracks. Ever. I fully expect Mighty No. 9 to join those ranks.

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                          If they can mix in a little DLC with their title(Even just another level and Boss for Call) after the game has been released then they should be able to stick around as a developer.
                          I believe their legacy is already set in stone, DLC, or not (though, it'd definitely be appreciated!).
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I donated $65 before the time ran out so I could get the physical box and manual. Finally a true Rockman type game!
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                            X