devil may cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to ruin the plot for someone else, but yeah it was Spoiler:
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-25-2007, 04:01 PM.

Comment

oh shi... i'll go back and edit it

i'm not thinking right today

Comment

I'm gonna have to check out the anime, methinks.

Comment

Dante Must Die is hard in DMC1 and 3.. NGB and Sigma are hard in general, and murder in Master Ninja.

The Dude, worth noting that the US DMC3 was different than the UK one. That one was based on the Japanese version. The US normal was the Japanese/PAL hard mode and so forth.

The engine was nice and fluid and that's the series' strong point. As far as pure challenge goes, DMC hasn't touched NG yet. That's the main strong point of NG. The AI is really advanced; enemies actually look for vulnerable frames.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
            Dante Must Die is hard in DMC1 and 3.. NGB and Sigma are hard in general, and murder in Master Ninja.

The Dude, worth noting that the US DMC3 was different than the UK one. That one was based on the Japanese version. The US normal was the Japanese/PAL hard mode and so forth.

The engine was nice and fluid and that's the series' strong point. As far as pure challenge goes, DMC hasn't touched NG yet. That's the main strong point of NG. The AI is really advanced; enemies actually look for vulnerable frames.
            DMC1 and DMC3 DMD are hard like hell. And DMC1 enemies are pretty smart and have a lot of moves (shadows are crazy normal enemies). Never played NG, but i hope i will on 360 soon enough. Hope NG is hard but fair as DMC.

Comment

Luckily both NG and NGB are backwards compatible. NGB is the way to go, since it's a more polished version.

Right off the bat, you'll see that it's harder because of the AI. Once you get past that, the game is smooth as butter. Though it has a lot of pre-set tap combos unlike DMC.

It's also a longer game; RE4 length basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                Luckily both NG and NGB are backwards compatible. NGB is the way to go, since it's a more polished version.

Right off the bat, you'll see that it's harder because of the AI. Once you get past that, the game is smooth as butter. Though it has a lot of pre-set tap combos unlike DMC.

It's also a longer game; RE4 length basically.
                I've seen hundreds of gameplay movies from NG. One thing looks strange to me. The blocking. Basically seems that the blocking can be abused and make Ryu almost invincible. It also looks awkward to hold the block button for 80% of the time. Its true that there are evading moves but seems that the block is overused.

Comment

You'd think so from the vids, but you'll also notice that the player is always on the move. It's only safe with the simplest foot soldiers, and even they can guard break and attack in packs; typically 4.

Most enemies also grapple and some use various projectiles like incendiary shurikens, RPG's and whatnot. Trust me, you won't have a feeling of being invincible in NG. Holding block and the stick in any direction is the command for rolling out or backflipping.

It's possible to beat DMC1 and even DMC3 on DMD with no damage, but in NG, you can only do that in story mode on normal if you're really careful. The AI makes the game more random.

The downside is that the vast majority of the combos are pre set, so in that regard, it's a more restricting game if you're looking to flesh out some combos.

Comment

Dude, try and use spoiler tags too I edited your post to have them heh.

Comment

While you're at headmaster, you can slap SinValentine on the wrist for kicking off the spoilerfest

Comment

I didnt notice it but she did take care of it. But yeah, I mean if your gonna tell her she did wrong and then do it yourself... XD
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-25-2007, 06:43 PM.

Comment

From experience, she never listens to me.
                          *And she posted the original spoiler, and edited it while I was out so I couldn't edit mine, I mean, DAMN ME FOR GOING OUTSIDE THESE HALLOWED WALLS AND LEAVING MY SPOILERS UNATTENDED*!!! :p

Comment

yes damn you dude! hey don't tell people to slap me

Comment

Just got this in my inbox, new plot points?

New assets for DMC 4 are now available for download on the Capcom press site. Screens include those taken from a cut-scene early in the game, introducing some new characters:

Credo – Kyrie’s older brother and the leader of the Magic Sword Cult, an organization that worships Sparda and whose mission is to destroy all demons

Agnus – the Cult’s chief researcher, responsible for developing new weapons to defeat demons

Gloria – the only female executive member of the Cult

The cut-scene reveals Dante bursting in on a ceremony conducted by the Magic Sword Cult. Credo and his fellow knights, including Nero, draw their swords ready to kill Dante, who they believe must be a demon.

New gameplay screens include shots of Nero and Dante’s confrontation.

Comment

Actually yeah, I was wondering who the bearded guy (Credo) and Colonel Klink Jr. (Agnus? or is it really Angus?) are.

Gloria is the one with the Dengeki boob screen I showed you earlier. Most screens have been out for a few days in Japan via Gamewatch sans the 3 gameplay ones.

Hope this doesn't turn into a soap opera, but this is Capcom afterall. It really looks like the work is pretty much done with the PS3 version, so they're now concentrating on getting the 360 version up and running. With that said, it's rather funny that they're still "considering" a PSN demo while a XBL one is a sure thing.

They've got two demos working already; one of which was in kiosks around Japan since November.

Comment

Working...
                                X