No announcement yet.

devil may cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then I butt in with my total DMC storyline hate to say that I've watched the first few eps of the series (w/AonE's subs).

The anime is as typical as an anime and TV show can get with its cast and storytelling. But I have to say it entertains me much more than the stupidity they first tossed in my face with the first DMC game (Seriously, if anyone ever played Devil May Cry for the story and not the gameplay... The current story stuff is text book marketting to just cater out to those who're not entirely sold by current gen hack'n slash gameplay)

Comment

The storyline is there because games need them regardless of their substance or lack of in most cases. The other major modern action, Ninja Gaiden, (most certainly not hack & slash category, Carn) has a mediocre placeholder storyline as well. Though Ryu didn't quite have it for someone who's a clone of his mother.

No one in their right mind liked the storylines. They took a distant backseat to the great gameplay.

Comment

i'm not sure if this trailer has been posted before

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

i'm excited for this game i can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by SinValentine View Post
          i'm not sure if this trailer has been posted before

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

i'm excited for this game i can't wait
          Yeah!
          Here is a much better HD ver.

The trailer is new, out yestarday.
          The cutscenes look GREAT, it shows that they're made by the same man thata did DMC3. On the other hand, that trailer pissed me off a bit cuz practically show Dante getting his ass kicked by Nero. But I'm sure there is more than that in the final ver.
          Anyway this game is going to be crazy cool!

Comment

If you see the end of the trailer, Dante mocks Nero when he leaves the scene, so he was probably messing around with Nero, he didn't look to be at a disadvantage the entire fight to be honest including when he was tossed about and pounded by Nero.

Comment

(most certainly not hack & slash category, Carn)
              I'd say Hack'n Slash went in two directions on this generation; one is the "You vs Army of the entire world"-type and the other is the more technical type.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                I'd say Hack'n Slash went in two directions on this generation; one is the "You vs Army of the entire world"-type and the other is the more technical type.
                The former is hack & slash as defined. DMC and NG play like a modern 3D iterations of Castlevania and NG itself with some platforming but with a focus on technical action.

Comment

I think Dante doesnt get his ass kicked like it seems. Look at the scene when Nero hit his face...he looks bored. It's probably a (longer) scene like the ones in DMC1 and DMC3 opening, where he gets impaled.
                  I doubt he gets any kind of damage, cuz he's ractically invincible in the cutscenes.
                  Anyway, the cutscenes are made by the same man that did DMC3 and it shows. The way Nero reloads his gun is freakin' awesome

Comment

Working...
                  X