Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New "Evil Within" vid shows some goodstuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "Evil Within" vid shows some goodstuff.

You can see more of whats going on in this video, monsters, settings, hard to gauge exactly whats going on storywise but it does show off lots of wonderful atmospheric settings and a very twisted world.

It does look more Silent Hill than Resident Evil in some aspects, but the game does look gorgeous.
    Looking forward to it.

its good to see the game will go thru multiple scenarios, and there is a lot of nice horror factors, probably, it looks like there was a crazy guy who messed with everyone and created the zambies, the fast dude, the dude with the head in a mail box, and so on.

Comment

The huge flower scene intrigued me. All in all it looks like it has flavor. I'm worried about the length, it might be too long and not very replayable if its just another Last of Us evolution of RE4.

Comment

Its already being criticized: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...ource=facebook

Too stiff(everyone's so stupid, saying its stiff because its oldschool <facepalm>), lots of weapons and being able to wipe out the monsters, freeze/explode crossbow(eww, terrible), no character expression...

i really think this RE4 with revision with forced horror elements like hallucinations will not succeed. Redbarrels dudes with Outlast must be laughing at this one.

Comment

I generally ignore IGNs complains and criticisms, Even if they are legitimate. Some of IGNS reviewers/reviews really just...suck.

Comment

It's not just IGN.

And I really hope it was the PS360 version in the trailer, it looks seriously downgraded.

Comment

At least, maybe The Evil Within will bring some justice : people will not see Mikami like the God of survival horror and RE anymore, and that's a good thing.

Comment

The more I see of this the more it feels like RE4 meets Silent Hill. Mikami can make a fun game, but can he do a return to form horror game? That's part of my curiousity and I hope it delivers.
                sigpic
                "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                  And I really hope it was the PS360 version in the trailer, it looks seriously downgraded.
                  The downgrade is obvious. Compare this two images.

2013:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013.png
Views:	1
Size:	558.4 KB
ID:	403651

2014:

Name:	2014.png
Size:	529.1 KB
ID:	403652
                  Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

Lol only his gun has a shadow

Comment

Heres some more Evil Within, granted its mostly a reaction clip by people playing the game getting scared, but you see some nice twisted stuff. The games out Oct 21st, hope to see some more story related vids soon.

Comment

For what I've seen, the first image I posted is for PC and next gen version. The seconf of PS360.

The new images looks good enough:

Name:	online_jaw_1399631052.jpg
Size:	757.9 KB
ID:	403658

Name:	online_village_hatchet_1399631054.jpg
Size:	897.6 KB
ID:	403659
                        Last edited by The_Wes; 05-28-2014, 04:49 AM.
                        Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

Still got about 5 months to go before the game comes out, heres hoping they can up the horror.

Comment

It's really looking like RE4 to me at this point.

Comment

Working...
                            X