Mortal Kombat X announcement trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat X announcement trailer

Well, MK is over 20 years old and now has finally reached a 10th game. Can't help but wonder why Streetfighter is still up to only no.4 and it its 2-3 years older than MK?

Most innappropiate trailer music ever?

Street Fighter goes for additions rather than straight up sequels. Plus you're forgetting the Alpha series (and EX series, though not in same continuity). Street Fighter took a big time-out too in the 2000s when 3D fighters were all the rage and the EX series made it clear that 3D Street Fighter wasn't very good.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
      Most innappropiate trailer music ever?
      At least it wasn't that cesspool dub-step crap. Either way, it was an insta-mute, for sure.

On subject, it's disappointing that the final product won't look as swell as the CG mock-up. :/
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Who knows what to expect from the graphics these days?

Announcement trailers are cool ad all, but if what you see isn't in game, its kind of a let down....Not as big a let down as the shitty music they chose for this trailer but even so, the most inappropriate trailer music would really have to be country music.
        Last edited by Wrathborne; 06-03-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          Who knows what to expect from the graphics these days?
          Oh, I'm sure that it will look pretty good... but announcement trailer CG mock-up good? I sincerely doubt it.

It was reveled on another site that MKX will also see a PS3/360 release. So, yeah, I think we all know how multi-gen ports work.

the most inappropriate trailer music would really have to be country music.
          Living in an area where there are currently 9 different country music radio stations (!) and only one metal radio station, I would probably have to rage-quit the entire internet and possibly even life, at that point.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

You should change your sig from "I'm afraid of Americans" to "Country music can go fuck a landmine".

Comment

Personally, I love the song. I love how the video looks with the song and I'm just overwhelmed with the desire for this game =| *score 1 for marketing?*

Do you guys just not like rap?

Comment

I agree- really poor music choice. Good video on mute though.

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
                Can't listen to rap these days.. Rap for me = Dr Dre 2001, D12 Devil's Night and Eminem's first two albums. But probably only because I grew up around that time, so almost everyone was listening to it.. Would I of preferred to have grown up in peace? I dunno.. perhaps.. perhaps not

Comment

I hate rap and hip hip...but not as much as I hate country.

Comment

You should change your sig from "I'm afraid of Americans" to "Country music can go fuck a landmine".
                    I could do that... but then I'd be putting it too politely.

Rap music died in the mid-to-late 1990s.

When I think of rap music, I think of NWA, Notorious B.I.G, Westside Connection, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eminem and so on - all of which I listen to.

The rest are just studio lyricists (aka, posers). I couldn't be bothered to wipe my ass with their album covers.
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                      Can't listen to rap these days..
                      I hate rap and hip hip...but not as much as I hate country.
                      Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                      Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                        I could do that... but then I'd be putting it too politely.

When I think of rap music, I think of NWA, Notorious B.I.G, Westside Connection, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eminem and so on - all of which I listen to.

The rest are just studio lyricists (aka, posers). I couldn't be bothered to wipe my ass with their album covers.
                        id say it died after 07 or 08, mid 90's wouldnt be correct imo
                        Last edited by P.I.M.P.; 06-05-2014, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Second trailer is up showing off two new characters and...wow, they've really got some impressive looking shit going on here. The interactive backgrounds are really a nice addition.

Comment

New characters confirmed as well as finding out the game storyline is 25 years after the last game.
                            They're really upping the anty on this game. The background interaction is actually looking pretty good. though I still don't quite understand the character variant system they got going on here, I'm not sure if each version has different special moves or actually plays differently.

Excitign stuff no doubt, the two fatalities they show off here are nice and messy.

Comment

25 years ahead? So they ditching a lot of player favourite characters?

Dislike when games do that.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                              X