Alone in the Dark: Illumination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alone in the Dark: Illumination

I'm just popping back to THIA because of all the new updates about survival horror - a genre I thought was in a slump.

Being a fan of The New Nightmare released in 2001, I eagerly awaited a sequel to that game but it never happened and that game wasn't even related to the PC trilogy at all. Sure, it basically copied Resident Evil in a way, but the story was interesting enough. However, when we finally got that rank awful reboot in 2008, I was not impressed. Hopefully however, they've learned from that mistake and will make AITD scary again.

The first one was excellent. Part 2 was more like an adventure game about pirates and kidnapping, with minimum horror and part 3 was a western. Jack in the Dark was a good short game too, but it was way too short.

I only played New Nightmare which was decent but not great but i did manage to finish it. Prolly wont be giving it a 2nd playthrough tho. As for this new game ill need to learn more before I gain any faith in it.

Comment

I own so many rare horror games, you wouldn't believe it. Most of the games listed on Chris' Survival Horror Quest, I own them. I rarely play games any more. One thing that's frustrated me is that Chris from Chris' Survival Horror Quest never updates his site other than to blog about stuff, so his list of horror games never gets updated. Resident Evil 6 ain't even on there, nor is the Saw games, or other games note worthy.

I've emailed Chris, a lot.

Guess he just gets kept busy. We all do!

Comment

Working...
      X