Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The EVil Within, what are your reactions to it so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shinji Mikami, the director of The Evil Within (TEW), directed both Resident Evil and Resident Evil 4 when at Capcom. I…

Interesting read, for the RE4 beta fans
    Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

This game is making me more and more is above all capture the returns of resident evil (resident evil: remake, resident evil resident evil 4 is 3.5) this is pure horror both psychological and physical.

Comment

^ Yawwwwwnn.... looks awful
        Not as bad without those black bars, but still awful
        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

So I just finished the game. On the whole, I thought it was pretty good. It was pretty challenging and I found the plot to be pretty engrossing, I kept wanting to play more to learn more about what was really going on. At the end of the game though I felt a bit...cheated. The files you find before most mirrors dealt with some really intriguing drama in Seb's family life that I assumed would have tied into the plot closer to the end with a shocking revelation. It never came...it never really gets resolved and that was the plot I was most invested in, lol... I'm hoping the DLC will complete that part of the story and the loose ends aren't just so they can have a sequel.

Comment

Developed by Shinji Mikami -- creator of the seminal Resident Evil series -- and the talented team at Tango Gameworks, The Evil Within embodies the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story are combined to create an immersive world that will bring you to the height of tension.

66% off on Steam right now if you're still on the fence. Thanks to regional pricing, it's $10 in my country, but unfortunately my GPU is shit. :/
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

Even if your GPU was amazing it probably wouldn't run TEW very well. Not sure if much has changed about its unoptimized mess excuse for performance since launch.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I thought it was stable enough at 1080p/30fps with occasional dips outdoor? I don't really mind running it at maybe 720p or 900p as long as it isn't a slideshow. Most people on Neogaf seem to think otherwise though. Oh well, maybe I'll get it next year when it's on the bargain bin.
                Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-26-2014, 02:35 PM.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                  I thought it was stable enough at 1080p/30fps with occasional dips outdoor? I don't really mind running it at maybe 720p or 900p as long as it isn't a slideshow. Most people on Neogaf seem to think otherwise though. Oh well, maybe I'll get it next year when it's on the bargain bin.
                  There is a video where the Ultra powerful and brand new gtx 980 stay at 30fps, so stay away. I dunno about console gamers but low frame rate will result in bad aiming.

by removing the black bars the framerate will go down also. Well, looks like an Ubisoft game.

Comment

Working...
                  X