House of the Dead 2&3 for Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House of the Dead 2&3 for Wii

Just read at IGN that 'House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return' will be coming out for the Wii!
    Looks like I'll be getting a Wii for more than one game now. Which is a good thing
    HotD 2&3 will be on one disc and include co-op. Don't know why the original isn't included.
    There are some screenshots available. It looks pretty sweet.

The original isn't included probably because of its outdated look. Though I like it the most and have beaten it hundreds times .

So it seems that SEGA smelled that rail-shooters is a good thing on Wii.
    Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 11-17-2007, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Yeah, but 2 & 3 are quite old aswell. I assume they will clean them up a bit.
      HotD is one of the only light gun series never to come to playstation so apart from some brief fun at the arcades, I've hardly played them.
      Where's no.4? is probably the bigger question. Even that has been in the arcades for about 2 years... I actually thought it was already on the 360 but was surprised to read that it's not on any console yet.
      Strange...

btw: I'd still prefer it on playstation with a 'real light gun' but it's better than nothing I guess...
      Last edited by Skunky; 11-17-2007, 04:58 AM.

Comment

HOTD 4 Im suprised isn;t on the 360 yet due to the specs of the chipset used in the arcades, however it wasnt that impressive to be honest and was severly laggy.

EDIT: Pictures of HOTD2/3 for Wii are on magicbox, looks like straightforward ports to me.
        Last edited by The Dude; 11-19-2007, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately I think you may be right...
          The Wii has been getting a lot of old ps2 games and now it seems to be getting even older ones. It's like a 'new back catalog' for noobs.
          Still, HotD 2&3 will be kinda new for me so I'll be getting it.
          I hope it's a 'budget title'.

Comment

Maybe they'll include 1 as a bonus or something...

Comment

If it installs on a PC for under 200mb of space and the arcade version can be emulated and compressed for around the same size I can't really imagine why it can't be a bonus.

Comment

Heard on IGN that they are straight ports, no model updates or anything. I'd stay far away. The game is suited to an actual lightgun, not a Wiimote.

Comment

Hardly seems worth it then when I have all the cheap ports on my PC and they run fine.

Comment

Im buying it.
                    Ive said it before but I loves me some HoTD.

Comment

Theres something with Sega arcade games that don't settle well with me on home conversions, I get bored after 5-10mins usually, ESPECIALLY with games like Virtua Fighter, I can never understand why people are so pumped about those games! its only interesting if you're in a room full of Akira masters!

But as for HOTD, I'll refrain from buying this port, its a waste if theres no bonus stuff.

Comment

I've got HOTD1 on my PC (genuine, not pirated), and it's actually not bad. There's a deadly selection of characters in the 'PC Mode', and two people can play (one has to use the keyboard though). It's a great game, no reason not to include it.

Comment

If the keyboard was emulated in nullDC it'd be playing The Typing of the Dead.

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                          Yeah, but 2 & 3 are quite old aswell. I assume they will clean them up a bit.
                          HotD is one of the only light gun series never to come to playstation so apart from some brief fun at the arcades, I've hardly played them.
                          Where's no.4? is probably the bigger question. Even that has been in the arcades for about 2 years... I actually thought it was already on the 360 but was surprised to read that it's not on any console yet.
                          Strange...

btw: I'd still prefer it on playstation with a 'real light gun' but it's better than nothing I guess...
                          Actually The Typing of the Dead: Zombie Panic was a PS2 port exclusively in japan although that doesn't count as a light gun game.
                          Last edited by kevstah2004; 11-27-2007, 05:45 AM.
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I'm still playing the PC versions of HotD 1,2,3..
                            Lots of fun!!
                            Last edited by doomed; 11-27-2007, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I'll buy it if it's $30. I hope it has HOTD on i though, the first is still my fave!! I've been playing the first one with a Emulator.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                              X