X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PE2 > PE1

haters be damned !

Comment

Oh yes. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have preferred to not jump through hoops to get the first though.

And yes, it was still called Parasite Eve II

Comment

Gawd I just hope parasite eve gameplay doesn't turn different like RE when introduced the free moving gameplay in RE4.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          Oh yes. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have preferred to not jump through hoops to get the first though.

And yes, it was still called Parasite Eve II
          ...thats stupid...then again we didn get final fantasies 4-6 til after 7 debuted...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            Yeah, we got the second game. No, I don't understand why either.
            The reason was budget vs. profit in the early days of Square Europe. When the PAL version is released, the entire text content has to be translated for it to sell well into a number of European languages (normally French, German, Spanish, Italian).

Considering the delay/cost/timeframe already put in place by just translating it from Japanese to English to begin with, Square used to be quite picky with what it spent time and money translating into other languages because it would put a further delay on the PAL releases and if the game didn't sell then they'd lose money on the cost. It's the same reason there was no PAL edition of Xenogears.

For quite a while only Final Fantasy titles, simple transfer games with little txt, and stuff that sold really well in the US would be done. After 1999 when most of the games released were profitable, Square started doing more titles and thats how we ended up getting stuff like PE2, Vagrant Story, and the like. These days they have the budgets, people, and time to do all of them it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
              The reason was budget vs. profit in the early days of Square Europe. When the PAL version is released, the entire text content has to be translated for it to sell well into a number of European languages (normally French, German, Spanish, Italian).

Considering the delay/cost/timeframe already put in place by just translating it from Japanese to English to begin with, Square used to be quite picky with what it spent time and money translating into other languages because it would put a further delay on the PAL releases and if the game didn't sell then they'd lose money on the cost. It's the same reason there was no PAL edition of Xenogears.

For quite a while only Final Fantasy titles, simple transfer games with little txt, and stuff that sold really well in the US would be done. After 1999 when most of the games released were profitable, Square started doing more titles and thats how we ended up getting stuff like PE2, Vagrant Story, and the like. These days they have the budgets, people, and time to do all of them it seems.
              and now i know and knowing is half the battle...

Comment

nomura said the quality of The 3rd Birthday [Parasite Eve] will be so high that you won't believe it is a PSP game.

also poster art

Comment

Working...
                X