• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UR favorite arcade games

PICK 3.

Donkey Kong

Ghosts 'n Goblins

Double Dragon

Time Crisis & House of the Dead have to be the best!

Comment

Time Crisis all the way, bitch!

(But $3 per continue on TC3 is a bit much.)

Comment

Mines are all old ones, you probably couldn't even find them now.

WWF Wrestlefest. Played this game loads, could never beat LOD, the second you fight them, if it was even possible, my brother and I used play the tag option in a team, I would without fail, pick 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted Dibiase, Mr Perfect, Sgt Slaughter or Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, never really liked the face wrestlers(good guys) at the time, they where boring back then.

Mortal Kombat 1. One of my favourite fighters at the time, I remember the first time I done Sub_Zero's fatality by accident, I just knew at the time game was made for the likes of me, with all the violence and gore. The 'secrets' that people claimed they had found, of course only Reptile was real and no-one found Ermac, because he wasn't there. The first time I saw Goro, I was like wow, then Shang Tsung was the end boss he was pretty cool too. Now I can't be bothered with MK except the first 2, the rest of them seemed to lose that certain magic the first 2 had.

Street Fighter 2 Champioship Edition. Man I remember the first time I got to play as the boss characters from the original SF2, felt really good at the time, but the novelty soon wore off.

I used to play loads of them but can't remember most of them, can't find anywhere in Scotland that has a decent amount of games machines, most just have fruit machines and other weird games that don't interest me.
        Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_632 View Post
          Mines are all old ones, you probably couldn't even find them now.

WWF Wrestlefest. Played this game loads, could never beat LOD, the second you fight them, if it was even possible, my brother and I used play the tag option in a team, I would without fail, pick 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted Dibiase, Mr Perfect, Sgt Slaughter or Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, never really liked the face wrestlers(good guys) at the time, they where boring back then.

Mortal Kombat 1. One of my favourite fighters at the time, I remember the first time I done Sub_Zero's fatality by accident, I just knew at the time game was made for the likes of me, with all the violence and gore. The 'secrets' that people claimed they had found, of course only Reptile was real and no-one found Ermac, because he wasn't there. The first time I saw Goro, I was like wow, then Shang Tsung was the end boss he was pretty cool too. Now I can't be bothered with MK except the first 2, the rest of them seemed to lose that certain magic the first 2 had.

Street Fighter 2 Champioship Edition. Man I remember the first time I got to play as the boss characters from the original SF2, felt really good at the time, but the novelty soon wore off.

I used to play loads of them but can't remember most of them, can't find anywhere in Scotland that has a decent amount of games machines, most just have fruit machines and other weird games that don't interest me.
          Wow, those were my choices, when I was kid it took me 20 continues to beat the Legion of Doom on wrestlefest, my team up was Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan

MK1 was class, however the series jumped the shark when they introduced friendships and babalities.

Will add however:

Street Fighter 2 Rainbow Edition - Loved being able to switch characters on the fly along with the overthetop moves you could get away with, IE dragon punches which fly across the screen, being able to perform 20 sonic booms one after the other etc.

Xmen Vs Streetfighter

King of Fighters 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2002 and 2003 :p *Major fanboy of the series*

House of the Dead 2

Knights of the Round

X-Men *Early 90's arcade sidescroller*

Final Fight

Captain America and the Avengers

Alien Vs Predator

Dungeons and Dragons *Capcom sidescroller*

Comment

MKII and UMK3, the only viable western fighters to date with decent engines. Granted, MKII is a turtle fest (the Jax and Mileena show), but it paved the way for UMK3, which overall is the best playing game in the series. Still played competitively to this day (ultimatemk.com)

SF Alpha 3, Tekken 3 and TTT. SFII deserves a nod, but overall, those are the games that I've spent the most time and had the most fun with in the 90's. Virtua Fighter 2 was great fun, but once I got into Tekken (2), the rest was history.

There were a lot of great games in the 90's, but a lot of crap too (looking at Midway). Filler games like Rival Schools were good disposable fun made for home consoles.

Comment

Sounds like I should play Mortal Kombat. Mininova, here I come... Oh, did I say Mininova? I meant EB Games... :p
              Last edited by Helegad; 12-15-2007, 08:00 PM.

Comment

When ever I need to pwn it up against some AI, it's Time Crisis 2. Gotta be the second player, and then I can finish the whole thing on one continue.

Daytona USA is also awesome.

Crazy taxi takes out my #3. I think one of the best arcade soundtracks ever. The Offspring. So fitting. Too bad it didn't translate to the console versions, where the same 3 tracks would get tiring after about 20 mintues. Still, an awesome fun game

I know you said pick 3, but I'm putting 5.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and The Simpsons. Both supported 4 players. With 4 people playing, both those side-scrollers were sooo sweet.
                Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 12-18-2007, 08:14 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X