No announcement yet.

When did you start been a gamer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was around 2 when I was already playing Sonic the Hedgehog (2).

The first console I ever *owned* (that genesis was borrowed) was a Sega Saturn. I forgot exactly how old I was then. (5? 6?). I'd spend hours playing NiGHTS, Sonic 3d, Virtua Fighter, Fighters Megamix, Virtua Cop.......

Around 6 my cousin introduced me to Resident Evil (well, techincally "Biohazard"). I'd buy the games (often too afraid to go through them) although it wasn't until I outgrew some other series (Pokemon, Sonic, etc.) that I really started getting into it. It's pretty much the only series I'm really into right now.

Comment

I started when I was 5 or 6, so around 1990. started on Super Mario Bros and Duckhunt, plus some Atari Star Wars games and Pacman

Comment

duck hunt and pacman i was on them for hours still am today thanks to the psp emus people have created \m/ long live retro

Comment

does anyone think they'll stop gaming? like at a certain age. i know a few people who stopped when they got married, or they lost interest. lol but it'd be kinda funny to see an old person play

Comment

well me and my girlfriend are both gamers so that in itself is super special awesome, I'm studying to be a games developer so the answer to whether when I am old will i give up gaming or whatever is a deffo no no, gaming has been my life from 2 to whenever lol >.< hell I will probs be still playing them from beyond the grave xD

Comment

I started late also. In 1998 I was around 17 and bought a play station and a game known as Resident Evil 2. After that I was hooked. I soon got Resident Evil 1 Resident Evil 3 and Silent Hill. Alos those two Dino Crisis games.

Comment

lol fellow late gamer

my first RE experience was over at my friend gavin's house, we cut school and we played re 3 and i liked it a lot. so we cut school the next day again and went to brooklyn with my sis.

i dunno if anyone's been to NY, but brooklyn has some LONGass blocks! i remember we got out of the store and it was 1'oclock and there was a paddy wagon like in the distance. and we ran lmao... that block seemed forever. especially when it was so hot

anyway we got RE D/C, RE 2, RE 3 all at the same time. so we cut class for a week total in order to play it all out.

Comment

4 years old with the 2600, and I was actually on and off until 1992. From there until 1998, I primarily played fighters. RE1 alone didn't exactly blow my mind, but 1998 had a lot of gems like MGS, RE2 etc (the home version of T3).

I've been playing action adventure games primarily since then. Now mostly action with DMC and NG.

Comment

2-3 Years old with the Atari 2600 was useless at it, then Zx spectrum when I was 5, then Commodore 64, then moved onto NES, then SNES when I got into fighters and RPG's, Gameboy for Links Awakening, Genesis: Really hit the RPG's hard with Sword of Vermillion, then that was it till I got a PSone in 96', then a Saturn a year later, then a Dreamcast on launch day, then a PS2 in 2001 when I got into college, then backtracked and got a Nintendo 64 and an Xbox, then eventually won a 360 in a competition.
                    And recently a Wii, so been at games for most my life at either causal or competitive level.
                    Been playing Arcades since I was 5.

Now I primarily play action adventure games, RPG's or fighting games when I have time which is unfortunately rare.

Comment

My dad a\says that me and Zombie_X both played games at 3 till now. So I'm 18 and Zombie is 20 and we have 10 different systems.

Below is a picture of some of the systems we have. Other are packed away. Zombie_X has a Nintendo DS Lite but it's currently charging.

Comment

lol can't help but notice the dbz tapes. i got some too good times!
                        Last edited by SinValentine; 01-21-2008, 12:38 AM. Reason: :D smilie is scary :(

Comment

Those are Zombie_X DBZ DVD season Box sets. Each has around 40 episodes on them. Don't mind the mess either, We haven't cleaned up in a while..... and you can see I'm playing halo 3 on Xbox Live using Zombie_X's account.
                          Last edited by FeurMensch; 01-21-2008, 12:48 AM.

Comment

I doubt I'll ever stop gaming. I'm 23, married and with two kids and still look foward to the stuff.

Of course, I also play Call of Cthulhu and Warhammer...I'm a geek.

Comment

When my older brother was about 5, he had some hand-eye co odrination problems, so my parents spoke to the school counsellor, who simply said buy him an Atari. The problem righted itself within a few weeks, and the parents bought us (nearly) all the consoles up until the PS2, when we were old enough to buy them ourselves

I don't know how old I was when I first grabbed a controller, but I grew up with games always around me.

Dad's been a mechanic longer than I've been alive, so he has all sorts of private clients in all sorts of trades. One was an supplier, who supplied video rental chains with games, so we always had heaps of games cheap, and often before release.

I watched my brother play RE1 when I was about 10. From what I did play, I really enjoyed, but I was mostly too scared to get too far into it.

I'm slowing myself down now. I tend not to 'follow' gaming, but just certain series which appeal to me. RE is the biggest (by far). Zelda I enjoy (but don't have to play the games on release), used to be a HUGE Diablo II junkie (which is why I don't play WOW. I know I'd never stop). I'm also a loose fan of half life (I still haven't played HL2!), and the odd game that appeals (bioshock is one I can see myself grabbing. Doom3 was great. Still need to get Quake 4 too). Most of my games come from the second hand section of shops. Or I wait until it's discounted alot.

RE games are the only ones I have to have on launch day.
                              Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 01-21-2008, 04:36 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

my first time was with the sega master system, this would have to be when i was 2ish, i messed around with sonic etc. I didn't start to get into games until the mega drive came around and then i started to choose what games i wanted to play instead of my older brothers collection, so i think the first game i asked for was sonic 2. A game i remember playing alot was home alone on that console, that was a wicked game , I didn't get a chance to play the super nintendo until a bit later but i loved zelda and the mario games on it. The ps1 i got introduced to tomb raider, overblood etc. I played r.e 1 as my first r.e game, my brother bought it on the friday it came out, as he always got paid on that day and him and his friends always kept up to date with new games. I found it a bit hard but i loved the idea of a mansion and you trying to survive etc. The first console i got myself was a ps2 and since then i've always got every console around. Looking back the best games were, MGS, R.E, Silent hill, F.F 7,g.t.a

Comment

Working...
                                X